1800 N Milwaukee Avenue, Chicago, IL 60647 Map · Phone number

About The Savvy Event

The Savvy Event specializes in planning and coordinating events with elegance, style, sophistication, and a little bit of an edge-providing as much or as little assistance as you need. From elegant and elaborate to modern and chic, our planning services can turn your dreams into a reality. Our goal is to make your planning easier, less stressful, and more fun!

When hosting a grand affair, be it a wedding, corporate function, or private party, you should be able to enjoy the day, not dread it. When you hire The Savvy Event, you will be able to relax and enjoy the party knowing that a professional is behind the scenes taking care of the details. Would you rather be on the phone dealing with a lost vendor or enjoying the event with your guests? Exactly. By combining my creative spirit and obsession with details, your event will surely be one to remember.

From full service planning to day of coordination, The Savvy Event offers customized packages for every client. Each package includes a free consultation, unlimited email contact, event timelines, and vendor recommendations. Email today for your free consultation!

336nelson
316nelson
336nelson

19 Reviews for The Savvy Event

Allison · Married on 11/16/2013

This review is long overdue. Words can’t fully express how grateful my husband and I are for all Katie did to help make our day so spectacular. We were married this past November at Café Brauer in Chicago’s Lincoln Park. I can say with absolute certainty that we could not have planned this wedding without her help. Katie is the perfect mix of consummate professional and calming persona, two qualities that make her the ideal planner for any wedding. She is extremely detail oriented and posses an exceptional eye for design. Our ideas for a dream wedding would not have come to life if it were not for her help, guidance and true expertise. Katie helped us coordinate with our vendors leading up to the wedding, helped us plan and execute our décor and made sure everyone was where they needed to be during the events of the day-of and much more. Having Katie by our side was exactly what we needed from a planner. She made the planning process leading up to the wedding easy and the day-of completely stress free. Her commitment and dedication made us feel confident that our big day would be perfect and every detail would be taken care of. She did not disappoint. Over the past few months, we’ve gotten so many compliments about all of the details and personal touches that went into our ceremony and reception. None of this would have been possible if it were not for Katie’s help throughout the entire planning and design process. Katie made herself available to us whenever we needed to talk (and when we needed reassurance that we were making the right decisions) through phone calls, Skype and in-person meetings. Even though we knew she had other clients, she always made us feel like we were her top priority. Katie is a true professional and we were so blessed that she was available to help us with our wedding. The memories of both the planning process and wedding will stay with us forever. We absolutely would recommend Katie and The Savvy Event to anyone looking for a wedding c

Katie is the best! My daughter lives out of town, so we felt a planner was key in getting things done. We gave her our budget, and she was off and running with great suggestions. She skyped and had calls with my daughter and her fiancé, created beautiful boards with all the details of their day. She was always thinking, giving us her undivided attention. Her vendor contacts were terrific, hello Carole the florist! The day of the event, she had us all organized and we were able to relax and enjoy ourselves, knowing we could turn to her for any concerns. I wish I had more daughters to plan another wedding with Katie! Best Day Ever!

Brighid · Married on 10/19/2013

The Savvy Event = top notch!!!! Katie has been at my beck and call for the past ten months. She is incredible. From start to finish she was detailed, organized, and ON IT! Don't let her cuteness fool you, she is a bulldog! She finagled my venue into upgrading the food options, extending the open bar time, and throwing in midnight snacks! She knew what was fair and expected when we didn't have a clue. She had great referrals.... Crizen, Erica, Carole, love love love! Her inspiration boards were so creative. She is so crafty, she made signage, paper goods, and an awesome photo display that I would have paid a pretty penny for on Etsy. She is young and fresh with contemporary ideas. She understood me and my vision. She has a sense of humor while beaming professionalism. Definitely spring for her full services. She will have ideas and connections you never would find on your own, and she will make your day seamless and smooth so you can enjoy the ride. Katie I will miss you!!!!

• Burnett Photography
    Burnett Photography Wedding Photographers

Katie form the Savvy Event is Absolutely amazing! Being a photographer, she was in constant contact with me letting me know the brides schedule and even kept copies of the brides "must have shots". She is one of the most organized planners I have ever met. If you have any question about how up to date on the latest trends, simply check her blog! I have learned more form her blog than any wedding magazine or bridal show! Not only does she have great ideas, but she find the best prices and the most original wedding ideas. Add her to your favorites list! http://thesavvyevent.blogspot.com/

• AZ CELEBRITY DJ