The Savvy Bride

Saint Louis, MO View map Visit website
$2,400 Package Price

$2,400 Package Price

The Savvy Bride has been offering award winning Wedding Coordination for the past five years. We specialize in wedding coordination and offer additional services including styling, florals, and decorating to allow couples to build a package that suits their exact needs. Our wedding coordination service begins from the time the couple signs their contract with professional planning software access, advice and assistance. Typically couples book 8-12 months prior to their wedding, but we can start as late as two months prior to the date.

Our mission is to offer personalized planning and coordination with the feelings and needs of our clients as the focus of our service. The unique approach has earned us several professional accolades, including "The Knot's Best of Weddings" for 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 & The Hall of Fame.

We love coffee and cocktails equally, so drop us a line, let's meet for a drink and start planning this party!

• LGBTQ+-owned
  • Woman-owned

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$1800.00

What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?

$2400.00

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$4000.00

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What is the hourly rate?

$60.00

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Cultural
Destination
Double Weddings
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

• Leanne
    Leanne H. Married on 07/02/2021

We love Wendy!

Wendy is organized, professional, and responsive! I always thought that a wedding planner was out of my budget, but Wendy was surprisingly reasonable and was absolutely worth it. We had so much less stress in our lives thanks to Wendy.

I also appreciated Wendy’s personality. She was fun, not stuffy, like I had imagined a wedding planner would be. That being said, she was also incredibly organized and on top of the details-a perfect blend.

Most importantly, she helped pull off a beautiful wedding. Very happy!
    Marsha Married on 10/03/2020

Wendy is the BEST!

YOU NEED WENDY AND HER SAVVY BRIDE TEAM !!!!!!! Who knew that planning a wedding could be so hard and this was our 3rd wedding!!?!! Who knew that we would need to regroup and re-plan 1 1/2 weeks until the Big Day????? !!! CORONAVIRUS !!!!! Wendy was our Knight in Shining Armor! We would not have had a wedding if it wasn’t for her Expertise and professionalism in talking and working with our building vendor. This wedding will go down in the history books! Wendy was right there with us, Zoom meetings, phone calls, emails. We always knew what was going on and all the rules and regulations during this Covid 19 time. ( we could not have all of our guests inside the building and so moved ceremony and all activities outside) Again... we would not have had a wedding if not for her! She worked her tail off for all of us!! Besides the weeks before, Wendy was there for us at the rehearsal and all day for wedding. She and her staff were wonderful! Our day, the first part of Oct., was cloudy and a little rainy- Wendy kept positive and guess what??? The rain dried up right at the time for the ceremony! Ceremony was beautiful! The reception was perfect and she made sure everything went smoothly for us! We got to sit back and enjoy. It was a fantastic night for my daughter and her Bride! They were so happy!!!! Wendy... you and your team are amazing! We are so grateful that you came into our lives! We could not have planned this event any better. You are a SUPERWOMAN!!!!! Now, go get some sleep!! ;)
    Nicole Married on 10/20/2018

Wonderful experience!

As a full-time working bride with a hectic schedule while also trying to plan a wedding from across the country, I knew that I needed guidance along the way to make my wedding day vision a reality. After interviewing several wedding planners in the St. Louis area, I decided that The Savvy Bride was the one after speaking to Wendy for over 60 minutes during an initial phone consultation. Wendy and her assistants ensured a flawless wedding day and also worked through everything with us for the entire month leading up to the wedding. No question was too big or small for Wendy, and she constantly proved her dedication through numerous email and phone correspondences with myself, husband and other vendors. She helped us choose vendors, kept us on task, sent us reminders to make certain decisions and gave us the perfect advice if we were unsure about something. Lastly, she helped us with some of the emotional ups and downs / decisions, which is priceless.
    If you are looking for an EXTREMELY diligent, organized, and professional wedding planner with a passion for her clients, then I would strongly encourage you to contact The Savvy Bride. We invest so much time, energy and money into the planning process, and The Savvy Bride will be YOUR final step in making sure that your dreams come to life. Wendy not only got it done for us, but had fun with us and made it a truly memorable journey. Thank you Wendy and staff for everything! We are thrilled with the result and sad it is over!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Pricing

The Savvy Bride Price Rates

Team

Wendy Markum-Scanlan
Wendy Markum-Scanlan
Owner/Lead Planner

Hi there, my name is Wendy the owner and lead planner of The Savvy Bride.

I have been planning large-scale events and theatre productions for over twenty years and for the past six years have been exclusively planning awesome weddings for some really amazing brides.

I function on coffee, share my office with four high-maintenance furry critters, do late-night design research in a bubble bath and celebrate the end of the day with red wine. I ugly sing in the car on my way to client meetings, and geek out to Harry Potter and emoji banter with my brides.

I created The Savvy Bride six-years ago because I wanted to offer couples some levity during the planning process. It is so easy to feel the pressures of creating perfection and that can lead to unnecessary stress and frustration. My focus of planning requires developing a personal relationship with my client allowing me to translate their unique personalities into a wedding celebration that is authentic to the couple's love and life together. I tell my couples that a successful wedding is when your guests walk away and say "That was so them!" I would love the opportunity to help you create YOUR perfect wedding celebration.

Abbey Burns
Abbey Burns
Wedding Associate

Abbey joined our team in 2019 and jumped right in to the action of the wedding industry. When not acting as a wedding super-hero, she is a full-time student at SIUE, majoring in events and hospitality. In 2021 Abbey will be moving into a wedding coordinator role. We are so happy to have her on our team.

Matt Salata
Matt Salata
Wedding Assistant/Custom Decor Fabrication

Matt and Wendy have known each other since they were children and grew up doing theatre together. As a 20+ year professional carpenter, this guy is our very own McGyver. You might see Matt assisting on setup of complex weddings and in the shop building decor to add to our rental stock.

Landolfi String Quartet and Ensemble Landolfi String Quartet and Ensemble Wedding Musicians

The wedding Landolfi played last weekend with Inspired Design was amazing! We do a lot of weddings and I believe it was the most organized and "inspired" I've seen. Every detail!

Wendy Cooper Photography Wendy Cooper Photography Wedding Photographers

Wendy is extremely professional and organized. She is a pleasure to work with and understands the needs of photographers.

126 Greenleaf Court Saint Louis, MO, 62012
3149207824

In person meetings available by appointment and at a mutually convenient location.
Location of (The Savvy Bride)

Other vendors in St. Louis for your wedding