311 Ballard Street, Yorktown, VA 23690 Map · Phone number

About The Ringmaster, Rev. Christopher Castle

Often the wedding officiant is last on the planning list to be considered until someone has an "uh-oh" moment and worries, "Who are we going to find that will not spoil all of our hard work with a boring homily or monotone recitation? Who do we know?" There is a sense that the somber or sacred must be relegated to a stoical clergy person or a flower-power hippie type scattering pedals to the wind. The threat of an impersonal soliloquy is daunting. It is between fantasy and reality where I seek to make my mark, hovering--defying--the predictable, the impersonal and the ubiquitous boring ceremony. Have you ever met someone and felt immediately comfortable around them?

Located in beautiful Williamsburg, Virginia,I am uniquely positioned to come to your destination wedding and perform an amazing show where you are the star and take you over the moon!

About the messenger: As the former Ringmaster (yes, that was my title) at the iconic, fairytale destination, one of the world's most famous restaurants and hotels, The Inn at Little Washington, my role was to ensure the most unforgettable guest experience to a clientele who travels the world and has Mt. Everest expectations. I am a skilled public speaker who happens to be very passionate about weddings. As a former pastor, I believe that weddings should be phenomenal experiences. People hire a DJ for after the wedding, hoping for a bright and unforgettable personality to make the night work. And that is what I do for the wedding ceremony; I create emotional pools and gently guide couples to soothe in the embrace of their magical moment. You want a wordsmith who also has a command of the moment, aptly negotiating the twists and turns that seem to come at the last moment just before the wedding. I can calm your nerves and elevate the moment with the right touch of humor or impromptu rhetoric. I will serve you by writing the ceremony to reflect your value system, intertwining the right sentiment (both heart and head), and giving you the confidence that the ceremony will flow effectively and poignantly. And if your wedding planner is leading you down a dangerous path regarding the ceremony, well, I am not afraid to speak up. Having done more than 250 weddings I have the agility to make the moment right.

You're too busy for a glamorous wedding? You wanted to have a nice wedding but the stress began to mount, multiplied by your hectic schedule, and you teetered precariously between thoughts of giving up or giving in? You may still be secretly thinking, "I wish we would just elope and be done with it!" but then you come back to earth and remember how you want a wonderful wedding to be the rubric over a life of marital harmony. I have a solution: I can organize a 5 Star wedding in about one hour. I can provide "one stop shopping" for couples who want the best but don't have the time or energy to surrender. Click this link to get some free advice from my guest blog at Washingtonian Magazine http://www.washingtonian.com/chats/shopping/8462.html .

Every person attending the wedding should walk away a changed person. And I am thrilled when after each wedding I hear such kind comments as "That is the best ceremony I have ever heard." Isn't that what you want in your ceremony, to touch the people you love with a taste of heavenly delight?

About the fee: Beginning at $250, the actual fee will depend on the following: Day of event, Date of event, Time of event, Location of event (travel time and expenses) and incidental expenses (I come attached to a tuxedo, conservative black or grey suit or casual outfit.) If you require a wedding rehearsal there would be an additional expense depending on location of rehearsal.

One final note: My fulltime job is serving as the Director of Restaurants at the legendary Williamsburg Inn.While my availability may be limited, I will do my best to be there for you.

Reserving your date: The process begins with your request for a date. I usually get back with you within 12 hours. Please include the logistics so I can give you an accurate quote and affirm availability. I am happy to meet you in Front Royal and even in Northern Virginia with advance warning. A phone conversation is a great option too. If we click, and you are ready to commit, I will send you a sample ceremony(s) to start the process. From there, you can fine tune it any way you want, and I will write transitions to your changes. I will advise you on content and how to make it flow. We will discuss the vows and the alchemy of religious vs. secular vs. traditional vs. non-traditional aspects. (Relax, I will make it easy for you). I will send you an agreement which will make the date secure and firm; I will ask for a $100 non-refundable deposit.

One really final note: If you need a florist, photographer, musician, I have worked with some of the best and can give you some hardy recommendations.

chriscastleprofilepic
weddingceremonyprayer
weddingceremonyclaibornehousespring

20 Reviews for The Ringmaster, Rev. Christopher Castle

Abby · Married on 03/11/2016

Chris was just outstanding. I'd planned my entire wedding via email from overseas, and when he arrived promptly for our festivities, he arrived with a small, warmth, and total professionalism. He made us feel at ease, and wrote an amazing ceremony - just beautiful. And so personalized, I felt like we'd met and coordinated it all before! I can't recommend him enough, he's just wonderful. Thank you Chris! You made our day Perfect!

Sheryl · Married on 06/27/2015

My husband I had Chris Castle officiate our wedding and he was absolutely amazing! Chris helped us with the planning process when our coordinator was out of town and really knows weddings. His ceremony was personalized but still short and sweet (nobody wants to be standing in front of a crowd of people wearing a heavy dress for 30 minutes in the summer heat). Afterwords, my stepdad remarked on what a great ceremony that was and how fantastic Chris was. He's professional and overall great to work with.

Angie · Married on 06/13/2014

Chris was by far one of the best choices we made for our wedding. He was very personable and professional but also made us feel comfortable throughout the process. Our guests loved the ceremony as it was not typical, but was quite different. Lovely, interesting, short and sweet. I would recommend him to anyone wanting a fantastic officiant.

Award

The Ringmaster, Rev. Christopher Castle FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 399.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 295.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 130.00
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Baptist, Buddhist, Catholic, Episcopalian, Evangelical, Lutheran, Methodist, No Denomination, Orthodox Christian, Presbyterian, Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? CO, DC, TN, VA, WV
  • What languages do you speak? English

• Glen Gordon Manor
    Glen Gordon Manor Hotel Weddings

Chris is a gentle natured, loving man who embodies serenity and joy. He is professional, organized, experienced and truly honored to join a couple in matrimony. He is trust worthy and dedicated. I highly recommend him to officiate your wedding of any size.

• Jason Keefer Photography
    Jason Keefer Photography Wedding Photographers

Rev. Chris Castle is one of the finest officiants that we've ever had the privilege of working with. He is the epitome of professionalism and debonair perfection! Jason and I have had the honor and privilege of photographing more than a few of his ceremonies... and every time, we've both felt awed and inspired over the way he managed to reflect the personalities and values of his brides and grooms with poignancy and dignity. He makes every couple's wedding feel prolific and special... spending the day with Mr. Castle seriously has had me leaving the Inn feeling like everything is right with the world. I know I'm not alone on this. I am completely serious and confident by saying that Rev. Chris Castle may actually be the greatest officiant EVER.

• 311 Ballard Street Yorktown, VA 23690 See on map