Richmond, VA 23227 Map · Phone number

About The Proper Petal

At The Proper Petal, it's our greatest desire to provide you with exceptional floral arrangements that will take your special event to the next level. Whether it's a wedding, holiday party, reunion, fundraiser, or gathering with friends, we enjoy working with each and every customer to create a seamless, stress-free partnership that will bring your vision to life.

If you're planning an event in Richmond, VA or the surrounding areas, we would love the opportunity to discuss how The Proper Petal can meet and exceed your every floral need! We invite you to click around our Wedding Wire site as well as visit us at www.theproperpetal.com to learn more about The Proper Petal. Also be sure to check us out on social media for endless petal-powered posts including tips, inspiration, and photos galore.

Follow The Proper Petal on

img 6197 51 765549
The Proper Petal
jamie eugene wedding chrysler museum art modern fun norfolk va november 2018 thegirltyler 225 51 765549
annalise bridal richmond virginia 63 x2

The Proper Petal 5
The Proper Petal 6
The Proper Petal 7

Tara · Married on 06/07/2019

Brought my vision to life!

The ladies at Proper Petal were so great to work with, and were able to take my vision for a neutral, textural palette and turn it into the most stunning florals for the wedding party, ceremony, and reception. Working with them was a dream from beginning to end– I described what I was looking for, and they were very clear about pricing, and made a mood board that we discussed together at regular intervals ahead of the wedding. Their mood board broke down the florals into each part of the wedding day– bouquets, boutonnieres, ceremony florals, centerpieces, sweetheart table, which was so helpful in my picturing all the elements together. Everyone that day, including the other vendors, raved about the flowers. They honestly brought the exact feel that I was going for– modern with a touch of bohemian, warm neutrals, tons of texture– to life. They are worth every penny!

Sent on 07/13/2019
    The Proper Petal 8
    The Proper Petal 9
    The Proper Petal 10
    The Proper Petal 11
    The Proper Petal 12
    The Proper Petal 13

Amy · Married on 05/11/2019

The most gorgeous flowers!

When I first started looking for a florist for our wedding, I was a bit overwhelmed. My husband and I knew what color scheme we were going for but not much else. The team at Proper Petal was incredible to work with. They were able to transform by color palette into the most gorgeous flowers and arrangements I could have imagined. They were so responsive to all of my questions and ideas, day or night. They truly know the business and what looks good. They made it easy to rent glass votive holders and compotes for our centerpieces. They worked with our budget and never pressured us to change it. If you are considering the Proper Petal, follow them on Instagram (@theproperpetal). Their work is absolutely incredible! I would hire them again in a heart beat!

Sent on 09/11/2019
  • Dana

Dana Cronyn · Married on 05/04/2019

Bright, happy, modern -- could not be happier!

When you're planning a wedding people always tell you, "Don't spend money on flowers. People don't even notice them!" Those people wrong :) You should promptly ignore them hire the WILDLY talented ladies at the Proper Petal. My husband and I are officially Not Flower People, but even we were blown away by the amazing creativity and talent of the PP ladies. The flowers could not have been more spot-on -- happy, modern, cheery, a little retro, and not too big or over the top. They delivered on everything we asked for and went above and beyond, purchasing new vases and compote vases to match our theme without extra charge. We got SO many compliments and they are a true difference-maker in all of our photos. Thank you, thank you for being great thought partners who are so easy to work with!

Sent on 07/09/2019
    The Proper Petal 14
    The Proper Petal 15
    The Proper Petal 16
    The Proper Petal 17

The Proper Petal FAQ

• How would you describe your floral designs? Classic, Eclectic, Modern, Romantic, Vintage
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up
  • What types of arrangements do you provide? Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Centerpieces, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Flower Crowns, Flower Petals

• Richmond, 23227 See on map