3536 Thunder Gulch Trail, Awendaw, SC 29429 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 2

About The Pavilion at Pepper Plantation

The Pavilion at Pepper Plantation is a barn-inspired venue located in Awendaw, South Carolina. Couples and their guests will enjoy an authentic equestrian experience on property, complete with a barn and trails to ride on. Nestled in the heart of this equestrian community, and mixed with classic lowcountry-style touches, this venue will offer you the perfect laid-back and rustic setting for your wedding. You may also host your bridal shower, engagement party, rehearsal dinner, or reception.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples may invite up to 200 friends and family to join them either outdoors or indoors for their ceremony and reception. Most of the wedding ceremonies are held on the lakeside lawn, front lawn or side porch, or in the main hall or gazebo. Throughout the property couples and guests will be surrounded by lovely landscaping, cozy fireplaces, gazebos and more. If brides and bridesmaids desire a cozy hideaway in which to prepare for the wedding, the Cottage at Pepper Pavilion can be requested. The Pavilion at Pepper Plantation also features a 10-acre lake on the property.

The Pavilion at Pepper Plantation can provide cleanup after the wedding so that couples do not need to worry a thing before embarking on their new life together. The team can also assist with outside vendors if needed. A caterer's prep area is provided. This property is also a handicapped accessible facility with large restrooms on property.

Follow The Pavilion at Pepper Plantation on

The Pavilion at Pepper Plantation 6
The Pavilion at Pepper Plantation 7

donna · Married on 06/01/2019

June wedding

This was an absolutely beautiful setting! We had 190 guests and 142 guests were able to fit inside using a buffet, Dj and dance floor. The overflow tables outside had the beautiful view of the fountain, lake and Gazebo. The Pepper Plantation is set in a residential community, the venue has a very hard close at 10pm! The DJ must turn off their music at 10:00pm ( no excuses) and everyone must be out by 10:30. Our wedding was lovely, and the patio surrounding the indoor room was huge! We placed the 2 bars outside and the 2 massive and gorgeous fireplaces were beautifully decorated. My only regret was that we should have started the ceremony earlier. We would have had more time for dancing and enjoying our guests. I would recommend a 3pm ceremony, with cocktails to follow and then dinner and dancing. Everyone said the wedding ended too soon. I could not pay the DJ longer, since we were limited to the time restrictions of Pepper. There is no flexibility with the time schedule at night. Rachel Kuhl was fabulous! She is so kind and sweet. It really was a beautiful place and well worth the drive from Charleston. I highly recommend using this venue! Everything was wonderful! We were happy not to be in a stuffy ballroom! I would use this facility again!

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 11/17/2018

Best day ever

After being a bridesmaid 18 times, I have seen ever wedding venue & style imaginable. When looking for a venue to marry my guy, I wanted something that would be unique, beautiful, and represent us. We got married here in November of 2018, which was the PERFECT time! The weather was beautiful, it wasn't too hot outside where we held our ceremony, and the firepit made a wonderful addition for a cozy reception. If I could do it all over again, I would choose Pepper Plantation a million times over! Plus, the venue manager is super responsive & coordinating!

Sent on 02/05/2019
    The Pavilion at Pepper Plantation 15
    The Pavilion at Pepper Plantation 16
    The Pavilion at Pepper Plantation 17

Alex · Married on 05/04/2018

This place was the MOST BEAUTIFUL place for a wedding. My husband and I traveled from Baltimore to Charleston to look at wedding venues over Memorial Day Weekend 2017. We were looking at 8 venues over two days. The first four we saw on a Friday and were not impressed and I was feeling very put out going into my search on Saturday. However, this was the first place we went to and I immediately fell in love. The barn is air conditioned and heated so guests can be outside enjoying the weather or inside if needed. The grounds are in a residential area, but it's very private so you have the whole place to yourselves and your party. Rachel was quick to get back to me on all questions and easy to work with. The bridal cottage is conveniently located right next to the barn for the bride and bridesmaids to get ready and it was so nice having all our belongings close by and organized and could get ready right on site. I couldn't imagine by wedding being anywhere else!

Sent on 05/23/2018

The Pavilion at Pepper Plantation Pricing

The Pavilion at Pepper Plantation Price Rates

The Pavilion at Pepper Plantation FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? No
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 200
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 1
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 1
  • Describe your venue: Banquet Hall, Farm/Ranch
  • What event services do you offer? Clean Up, Get Ready Rooms, Outside Vendors
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season? April, May, June, October, November
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, August

Real Weddings

• Just Eat This! Catering
    Just Eat This! Catering Wedding Caterers

As one of their preferred caterers, we always get excited to be on site for an event. The property is beautiful and the venue lends itself to any style for any event. We look forward to being back there again.

• Darby Events | DJ+Piano Combo
    Darby Events | DJ+Piano Combo Wedding DJs

Amazing venue! I love playing here and absolutely adore the staff. Wonderful facility

• 3536 Thunder Gulch Trail Awendaw, 29429 See on map