P.O. Box 1387, Frankfort, KY 40602 Map · Phone number

About The Master's Touch Cakes

My name is Larincia Hambrick; my cake decorating journey began when I was 7 months pregnant with our first child Josiah, and I marched my big belly into Michael's having no idea the hidden passion that would erupt out of my life from a class that I originally took to be able to make my kids birthday cakes. As I piddled with cake decorating here and there, I would spend hours researching techniques, watching tutorials, and making dummy cakes. I decided that since I liked it so much that I could contribute to the financial well being of my home by creating custom cakes and cupcakes for those who were celebrating special occasions and wanted a unique cake to reflect the occasion. That's when the wheels started turning for this stay at home mom, ordained minister, and wife.

I began developing flavor profiles and hosted several cake tastings so people could be brutally honest with me about what they thought of my cakes. Much to my amazement people loved many of the flavor profiles and the others I tweaked until I perfected the taste. After all what good is a cake if it looks pretty but tastes nasty. My goal was to combine those two elements (taste & looks) and make cakes people would enjoy. Soon, after I began the talk of opening a cake business, I tossed around a list of eligible names and one day when I seemed to not be thinking about cakes at all (which is almost never) it came to me "The Masters Touch" a name befitting of this amazing gift I believe God has given me which is to express Art, Love, Fun, & Joy through food. My husband has always said "you have the best cooking" (I guess he knows what to say if he wants to eat) and years ago encouraged me to open a catering business, which is not my forte'. However, I love creating custom cakes. In the beginning of my cake, I gave out so many cakes to friends, family members and church buddies, just to get people to taste them without any investment on their part. Now, I have a business and it doesn't feel like a business because I love what I do.

I hope you enjoy browsing our gallery and would consider us for your next event to create a cake you will remember for a lifetime!

RoseCakeTopView2
themastertouchfinal16
WeddingCakeRibbonBriarRoseFlowers1

2 Reviews for The Master's Touch Cakes

von · Married on 04/20/2013

Wow, wow, I had this cake at a pageant this weekend and it was amazing. I am a southern girl that mother own a soul food eatery in Memphis, TN, so I am hard to please. But, I will be ordering cake from the MASTERS ... as often as I can.

Sent on 04/22/2013

The Master's Touch Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words; we are so pleased and honored to know that you enjoyed the cake. Thank you for this lovely review.

Barbara · event on 02/17/2013

Master's Touch Cakes provided me with samples (chocolate, red velvet, and lemon) for my company event and each sampling was outstanding. The samples made the choice even harder because they were so good. Try them-you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 02/20/2013