About The Makeup Session

Put Your Best Face Forward!

Welcome to where beauties get pampered!

Whether it be for a wedding, prom, anniversary, or any special event, let us help you put your best face forward.

At The Makeup Session, we strive to provide the best quality service and our team of experienced and passionate stylists will do our very best to fulfill your utmost beauty wishes. We currently offer mobile makeup and hair styling services around the greater Seattle area, as well as Special FX, character, and HD photo/video ready makeup.

Categories: Wedding Hair & Makeup

Regions serviced: Seattle

Follow The Makeup Session on

15 Reviews for The Makeup Session

4.2

1.8

I hired The Makeup Session for hair and makeup for my bridesmaids based on the reviews I had read online. However, when it came to the day of the wedding, I was not impressed or happy with the level of service provided. First off, the two girls (Michelle Mai Smith and Dani?) were not on time. Though they were about 10-15min late on arriving, they still had to set up which ate into our time and we needed to be done by 1pm at the latest. Secondly, any time I had a request to fix something minor on any of the makeup jobs performed, I received a blank stare followed by an attitude which also caused more time wasted. Lastly, both hair and makeup done on my maid of honor was so bad that another bridesmaid ended up redoing the work once we got to the venue. She was almost in tears. Please brides - their prices are much lower than most, but to avoid any stress regarding hair and makeup on your special day, I would highly suggest looking elsewhere. I'm just thankful and relieved I hired a different (much more skilled and customer service oriented) make-up artist (Glam by Maryam - Maryam Sarwary) to do my hair and makeup!

Profile Picture Eileen, 8/23/14, 7 Reviews
0.1

Michelle was hired to do my makeup and most of the bridal party's makeup for a wedding. She missed the initial trial run but rescheduled so we let it slide. The trial run was the same location as the actual appointment so she's been to my house before. The bride and maid of honor had been in communication with her several times the week before the wedding to double and triple confirm with her and she confirmed. Then, the morning of the wedding, she was a no-call, no show. We called several times, left voicemails and text messages and she simply didn't care enough to let us know or anything and completely left us high and dry. She was scheduled to bring a "team" with her and do full airbrush makeup including lashes. We still haven't heard a word from her or anything. The trial run makeup looked fine but I would STRONGLY NOT RECOMMEND her services for anything important as she is highly unreliable and unprofessional. A wedding is already busy and stressful enough without doing business with someone with complete disregard for common courtesy.

Profile Picture Katie, 7/20/14, 1 Review
1.0

I am reviewing based on Michelle's service, not her skills. I researched around for a stylist last year for my wedding and based on the photos, reviews and price, I wanted to use Michelle. We set up an engagement shoot date a few months prior and all seemed well. Then less than a week prior, she told me she had to cancel for another bigger client, which was rude. But since she found someone to cover that day, offered a free trial, and it wasn't my wedding day, I let it slide. I said I would still book with her if she wouldn't cancel on me unless it was an emergency. She confirmed this. I put down a deposit and rescheduled dates for a trial, another photo shoot, and the wedding date never changed so she knew it for almost a year.

Fast forward a couple months. She told me she had to cancel two of the the dates, which included my wedding date! She said she found another person within her group to do all her services. She made it sound like it was ok to just cancel without an explanation so I confronted her. She then told me it was personal emergency, but since my wedding was still a few months away and she wasn't transparent until I told her my frustration, it seemed less believable.

She at least gave my deposit back quickly and didn't cancel a week prior. And to her credit, at least she "tried" to find a replacement, but that's not what I was looking for. I didn't research all my time to find anyone. Not saying anything against the person she tried to refer me to. She might have been great. I still asked for a refund. I ended up finding another stylist that cost more but it was worth the frustration.

If you book and she doesn't cancel on you, she may be great. I want to say she's great but I wasn't even able to book with her even with lots of advanced notice. Also, be cautious that even if you put down a deposit, it doesn't guarantee anything.

Profile Picture Kimberlee, 5/24/14, 7 Reviews