6161 N. Kenmore, Chicago, IL 60660 Map · Phone number

About The Ideal Day

The Ideal Day is a Chicago based wedding and event coordination firm, specializing in day-of coordination of weddings and other special events.

Our goal it to coordinate truly unique and memorable events – perfectly tailored to you and flawlessly executed.  Staying behind the scenes, we are the perfect stage managers, tending to ?the various players, so you, the star, can take center stage and shine. By selecting The Ideal Day, ?you are choosing a stress-free way to orchestrate and deliver a meaningful and unforgettable event.

Follow The Ideal Day on

Reception area
Reception area

14 Reviews for The Ideal Day

Sara · Married on 03/25/2017

We cannot say enough good things about our experience working with The Ideal Day! Laura is everything you could want in a planner. She was able to answer every question and address every issue (real and imagined). We were so thankful to have Laura's guidance in selecting our amazing vendors. She took care to recommend vendors that fit with our vision and personalities. She knows how to assist in assembling an amazing team!

Laura was constantly checking in with us and available to communicate in person, on the phone and via email. Every meeting and conversation was productive and gave us the reassurance that we were working with a true professional. She provided us with organized timelines for our wedding day for ourselves, our vendors and our wedding party. If anything went wrong on our wedding day we will never know, Laura handled every detail and her execution was impeccable.

Sent on 05/15/2017

Julia · Married on 06/20/2015

Bridget and Laura are the BEST. We changed (okay, fired) our not-so-great wedding coordinator halfway through the planning process and they came to the rescue as sane, competent and all-around awesome people who helped us with every last detail (and there were lots). They were patient with our many questions and the many lists/spreadsheets we sent their way. They coordinated pickup/drop-off of our decor the week of and took care of the details, like dropping off gift bags at our hotels. On the day of, Bridget was totally calm and collected and helped with my dress when it needed to be re-pinned, as well as took all the extra "stuff" back to our apartment so we didn't have to worry about it that night. We were SO happy to have their help and so glad we could focus on enjoying our day because of them. I highly recommend using them as your "day of" planner!

Sent on 07/16/2015

I chose The Ideal Day because I needed a Day of Coordinator (DOC) for my wedding ceremony. My reception location had it's own event organizer. The chapel was a self-service one so any decorations or set-ups had to be done by me and my fiancé. I knew I couldn't handle everything so The Ideal Day offered just what I needed. I worked with Laura primarily up until the wedding but another person was going to be my DOC. We had a meet-n-greet at the chapel about a month before the wedding day with Laura and Bridget. They were both easy going, understanding and helped with where we should place things on the altar, etc. I felt very confident that Bridget was going to have my back. The day of the wedding, Bridget was there early waiting for the florist and to start putting up the decorations. She also helped me get dressed. She seemed to be in many places at once yet she never seemed stressed. Both my fiancé and I had wardrobe malfunctions and Bridget came to the rescue for both of us. She help us keep to our timeline which was important to us. At the end of the ceremony, she quickly had everything packed up and in the limo before I realized what was going on.
    Absolutely fantastic service from both Laura and Bridget. We couldn't have done it without you two. Thank you so much!

Sent on 05/18/2015

The Ideal Day FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?
    $ 2,100.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?
    $ 4000
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 6,000.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Day-of Coordination
    Full Planning
    Partial Planning
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Cultural
    Destination
    Eco-Friendly
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

• Key Tov Orchestra Wedding Bands

Working with Laura is always a pleasure! She is efficient, thorough, and is excellent at what she does. Her attention to detail, creativity, and wonderful ideas make her an incredible asset in making your wedding spectacular. She is a top-notch professional and I highly recommend using her services for your wedding!

• Classic Wedding Car Wedding Limos

I have worked with Laura on several weddings and find her to be pleasant, professional and very organized. These three characteristics make my job so much easier! I highly recommend Laura as your wedding professional!

• Zuzu's Petals Wedding Florists

Laura is exquisite ~ she’s calming and knowledgeable, the perfect blend of characteristics for her profession. She (and her crew) are easy to work with, friendly, and attentive. Laura’s catering background is so helpful with various planning questions/needs. Book Laura now for your event, because she’s a star-planner in the making!

• 6161 N. Kenmore Chicago, 60660 See on map
    7739427742 (Fax Number)
    Location of (The Ideal Day)