Northport, NY 11768 Map · Phone number

About The Grateful Head

Lauren and Shab are licensed beauty professionals who each have over 10 years in the hair and makeup industry.

Their experience is a culmination of creative and fabulous careers spent working in New York-area salons, as well as training with international designers to hone their cutting-edge design concepts and techniques.

The sole focus of their wedding hair and makeup business is on making the experience of your wedding day a seamless, fun and memorable one.

The Grateful Head is available year round. Lauren and Shab can accommodate wedding parties at the salon on the North Shore of Long Island, or they can travel to you.

Lauren and Shab are flexible, accommodating, and an exquisite pair of beauty professionals. Call soon to schedule your bridal trial or consultation. And remember, even though your wedding lasts one day, it's the pictures that will last forever... The Grateful Head will have you looking your best for both!

Lauren78@mac.com

pic5
pic7

24 Reviews for The Grateful Head

Alison · Married on 10/03/2015

Lauren and her assistant Val did the hair for my three bridesmaids, two moms and myself for my recent fall wedding. She was very easy to communicate with leading up to the big day and worked off the pictures we sent her prior. Lauren is cheerful and fun to work with and made my wedding morning seem effortless! She put me at ease and made my hair look beautiful. I was very happy with how it turned out! All of the girls were thrilled as well and their hairstyles stayed in tact for the day and night! I would definitely recommend Lauren to all family and friends. She is fabulous and does excellent work!

Sent on 10/07/2015

I loved Lauren and can't thank her enough for doing everyone's hair so amazing!! The day of my wedding was a monsoon and everyones hair held up perfectly. Lauren traveled to the hotel to do 5 people's hair which made the morning easier and laid back for everyone in the wedding. A billion thanks to you!

Sent on 07/04/2013

My mom and I have been having our hair Japanese straightened for the past 7-8 years, so naturally I would want to wear it curly the day of my wedding. I had no hair stylist in mind when I found Lauren through Wedding Wire, I just fell in love with the pictures that were posted and saw she had great reviews. After working with her, I can honestly tell you, the reviews are well deserved! I went into my trial not expecting to like it. I've had my hair done many times and have always asked why did I bother. I explained to Lauren how I wanted big, loose curls. Having worked with straightened hair before, she started making tight curls and said "trust me!" My anxiety kept me from looking, however 20 min later after all the curls had fallen, I can't think of any other word to describe how it looked, but...perfect!!! She knew exactly what she was doing and it was EXACTLY what I wanted!!! From trial to wedding day, Lauren answered every question I emailed or called her about immediately. She came to the bridal suite early (perk!) and did an amazing job making me, my mom and bridesmaids look perfect! I highly recommend Lauren! It's easy to see she loves what she does, was professional and a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 04/25/2012

The Grateful Head FAQ

• What is the base price for blowouts for brides? $ 70.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for brides? $ 40.00
  • What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 60.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 40.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for brides? $ 100.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides? $ 75.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members? $ 100.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for attendants/family members? $ 74.00
  • What is the base price for pedicures? $ 5.00
  • What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Facials, Gym, Hair, Hair Removal, Makeup, Manicure / Pedicure, Massages, Mult. Stylists, Salon, Spa, Licensed
  • What hair services do you offer? Blowouts, Coloring, Extensions, Relaxer, Haircuts, Keratin, Perm, Textured Hair Styling, Updos / Styling
  • What makeup services do you offer? Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Brow/Lash Tinting, Tattoo Coverage
  • What hair removal services do you offer? Laser, Threading, Tweezing, Waxing

• Custom Makeup Design by Alia
    Custom Makeup Design by Alia Wedding Hair & Makeup

Lauren is an amazing hairstylist! She exudes creativity with her updo's and styling. Every client leaves her chair as a happy camper because she is also such a joy to be around!!!

• Northport, 11768 See on map