Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

21 Reviews for The Gingerbread House

Decor (2)
Furniture (2)
Lighting (2)
Glassware (2)
All Inclusive Packages (1)
Cake (1)
Chair Covers (1)
Drapery (1)
Barware (1)
Flatware (1)

So thankful to have found their Elopement Package online. It was the perfect venue for our small wedding. It was even more fun to have my family stay at the house so we didn't have to travel far. Sarah was great to work with and Amanda was a wonderful help on our wedding day. Besides a few photos online I had not seen the venue before we arrived in Savannah. Sarah answered all of my questions I had and made me feel very comfortable with my choice. I'm sure it's wonderful for a larger wedding as well but the all in one package for the smaller wedding/elopement is the perfect way to book a wedding!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/25/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Glassware, Linens, Altar/Arches, Centerpieces, Chairs, Decor, Drapery, Lighting, Tables, Indoor, Accommodations, All Inclusive Packages, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Set Up, Champagne Toast

I've been working with Gingerbread house since last year when my husband and I fell in love with the pics online. We started out with one coordinator and this year started working with Sarah. Both coordinators were great but Sarah has been so good with us. She is always available. And I really liked that she was able to help us make some changes within our chosen package to make sure our event is tailored to us. She always has a great attitude. And we were previously told we could only have 20 guests including us - but she was willing to accomodate additional guests for a minimal cost. Unfortunately we are unable to use this venue but would still recommend anyone looking for an all inclusive package at one of Savannah's charming historical homes. This place is perfect for a beautiful southern destination wedding.

Profile Picture Chiquita, 5/22/18, 1 Review
2.0

I was so looking forward to booking our wedding at the Gingerbread House - the reviews looked amazing and my mom even drove all the way down from NJ to check it out! (I live in London and my fiancé lives in Iowa). It seems like the wedding planning position has seen a lot of turnover over the years and none of these reviews are from working with their current wedding planning coordinator Sarah. I had a couple of calls with Sarah and on the phone she was very polite and seemed eager to help but both times she said she would email me additional information (I.e. preferred vendors, our contract, etc.) we were left waiting for over a week before I had to chase them up from her. Once we got our contract we came back with some questions and asked for some things to be clarified in the contract as well. After going back and forth over email Sarah became quite rude and even told us the changes we asked about were not going to happen and that no venue in the area would honor them (....but then we found at least 4 other venues that would or already had exactly what we had asked about included already!) it left such a bad taste in our mouth the way things were handled. A respectful "No ma'am I'm sorry it's not our policy to include that in our contracts." Would have sufficed! I'm not sure if they're just really busy over there but the overall interaction was unprofessional and disorganized. The thought of having Sarah as our wedding coordinator was enough to make us think twice and we found a lovely venue (Garibaldi's!!) close by that has been brilliant to work with since day 1 and who's planner (Meghan) has years of experience there and tons of stellar reviews. Check them out if you can! Xx

Profile Picture Tara, 4/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Sarah the manager of The Gingerbread House was fantastic and very accommodating. She was prompt in answering any questions that I had and went above and beyond. The venue is spectacular and worked great for our wedding of 43. Sarah is committed to making your experience at the venue memorable and delivers on that promise. I can't say enough good things about this venue.

Profile Picture Larissa, 11/26/17, 5 Reviews
4.7

The first venue manager we were not happy with at all, but we loved Sarah! The first venue manager told us things that weren’t true and messed some things up. Once management was changed, everything went well! Sarah was amazing and we loved our reception venue. They did try to make things right from the first venue manager.

Profile Picture Brooke, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, In-House Bar, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Linens, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables

The Gingerbread House served as a gorgeous location for both our ceremony and reception. The courtyard in the back is quaint, inviting, and was perfect for our group of 50. Indoors, there was plenty of space for food, dancing, and entertaining. Would definitely recommend this house for wedding and reception!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Jenna, 4/29/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor
4.3

I worked with several Gingerbread House venue managers throughout the course of our wedding planning. The venue is absolutely stunning and speaks for itself. It was exactly what we wanted for our destination wedding in Savannah and unlike any space I had seen before. It's perfect. The folks at The Gingerbread House were very accommodating and helpful with rescheduling our October 8th wedding after Hurricane Matthew had descended upon Savannah. It was very helpful to have an extra hand coordinating the caterer, DJ and bar staff.

Rosanna was our on site contact the day of our event and she was absolutely fantastic and accommodating. I cannot say enough great things about her.

Profile Picture Jamie, 2/11/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Let me start with this, our wedding was beautiful. Everything went flawlessly on the day of. I could not have asked for a better wedding. Marcie was wonderful. She and my day of planner, Angela, made sure I was stress free and everything went as smoothly as possible. Marcie really has her stuff together and worked with me so well. The venue is beautiful and accommodating. This venue really is beautiful and spacious and i was able to rent the upstairs so the bridesmaids and I could get ready.

Trey and Marcie were just great. They stepped in when we had some problems with venue managers. We lost about 5 venue managers before Marcie came. It was a lot of repetition and stress, and none of the prior managers seemed to write anything down, but things seem to be ironed out now since Marcie joined the team. That would have been a huge deal breaker with this review as there was a stretch of stress, but Trey and Marcie stepped in to take care of everything, and I can confidently give this venue a phenomenal review. Trey and Marcie helped us through that stress, and did a lot for us to make the day just perfect. They really bent over backwards for us, and our day was flawless because of it.

Thank you, Gingerbread House, for my perfect wedding.

Profile Picture Kelsey, 11/11/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Open Bar, Linens, Aisle Runners, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables
4.1

With help from my amazing coordinator Michelle Roberson, I was able to overcome the problems that arose from the time the first manager left until the 5th(or 6th) started. I had my doubts about how things would go after having multiple people contact me about my payment info, event details, etc. Michelle was wonderful handling things with the Gingerbread house. When all was said and done Trey made it right for us in multiple ways. The open bar is definitely the way to go. The house is gorgeous and made for some great photos. They have also redone the patio outside which was nice, would have liked some more plants out there, but enjoyed having the space. All in all, we really enjoyed the venue. It sleeps about 9 comfortably (4 full to queen size beds?) a twin bed, with a full trundle pull out. There are also some couches and futons. I recommend working with Improvisions florist (also my coordinator) flowers were amazing. She also helped us when problems came up with other vendors. The Venue has been recently updated and redecorated recently. Very happy about venue choice. It is a beautiful place.

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Open Bar
4.1

As a destination wedding this house worked PERFECTLY for what we needed. There are tons of beds, futon couches and sofas so we were able to have our entire bridal party (8 people, their significant others and two children) stay with us in the house all weekend for the wedding.
We arrived in Savannah early so the event manager worked with us to allow us into the house several hours earlier than our scheduled check-in time. These extra hours allowed us to get everything setup and decorated on Friday so that the next morning we were all ready to go for the wedding! It made the weekend much more relaxed and enjoyable!
The one complaint we really had was: It's HOT. I know Savannah in July is going to be hot anyway (100 degrees and 85% humidity) but with 5 separate thermostats in the house, all dropped to the lowest they can possibly go and it's still 75+ degrees in the house it makes for some uncomfortable wedding guests - just think of the body heat off of all those people in the already warm space. The morning of the wedding the house was a chilly 61 degrees but got hotter as the day wore on. The house may not be insulated enough to keep the cool air from leaking out.
Something to keep in mind if you choose this vendor is the size of the house. They allow a max of 100 guests but I feel that would be VERY tight. As it was, we had 55 people (including ourselves, our bridal party, the photographer and the officiant). We arranged half of the house (the dining room and sitting room) with chairs for the ceremony and had the reception in the ballroom. Just the tables for 55 people filled 60% of the ballroom space, leaving us a small dance floor area; With 100 people the ballroom would be only tables for the reception and no dancing.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Jessica, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Indoor, Barware, Linens, Accommodations, Bridal Suite