The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa

Up to 250 guests

$19k - $24k For 100 Guests
Up to 250 guests

THE ESSEX, VERMON'T CULINARY RESORT & SPA

Our beautiful 18-acre resort in Burlington provides a stunning backdrop for your wedding along with deluxe accommodations and fun adventures your guests will never forget.

Whether your celebration is on-site or off-site, enjoy palate-pleasing catering from our expert chefs and the impeccable service The Essex is known for. We can customize your event based on your budget and the personal touches you desire. Our goal is to take care of every last detail so you and your guests enjoy an extraordinary and
relaxing weekend together.

Facilities and Capacity

The Essex Resort has indoor and outdoor spaces perfect for up to 65 guests, 125 guests, and 200 guests. The Essex offers 13,000 square feet of event space, including the The Atrium, East Lawn, The Ballroom, and Salons I, II, and III.

Accommodations

With a variety of culinary-themed guest rooms and suites, you and your wedding guests will be able enjoy the recently-renovated property to the fullest. In case anyone wants to have all the comforts of home, studios and suites with kitchenettes are available, too.

Bar services are also provided, including bartenders, barware, and house liquor, beer, and wine. Parking is available on site. The Essex offers an on-location spa, too, so you and your wedding party will be able to relax and enjoy yourselves. The following items and services are included as part of your wedding package:

• Bridal Suite
  • Glassware
  • Parking
  • Clean up

Cuisine

Since The Essex Resort and Spa is a culinary-themed resort, prepare to be impressed. The Essex is known for their expert chefs and extraordinary service. Catering services include but are not limited to:

• Buffet
  • Servers
  • Stations
  • Tastings

Location

The Essex Resort and Spa are located near the shores of Lake Champlain in Essex Junction, Vermont. Burlington International Airport is only 6 miles away.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$5,000

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$2,500

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$750

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$500

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Server(s)
Wedding Cake

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$10

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
House Liquor
House Wine
Limited Bar

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

Describe your venue:

Banquet Hall
Farm/Ranch
Resort

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
Outside Vendors
Pet Friendly
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Cocktail Reception
Dessert
Hors d'oeuvres
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Altar/Arch
Audio Equipment
Chairs
Dance Floor
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Chocolate Fountain
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Shuttle
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

June
July
August
September
October

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January

Message vendor

4.7

Josette L. Married on 08/06/2022

10/10 Highly Recommend

I just got married at The Essex Inn and Spa on 8/6. It was an AMAZING wedding. I couldn’t have been happier with the outcome. I stayed in constant communication throughout the process with their event manager Emily. As I got closer to the wedding, I started working with the day of coordinator (Monique) who guided me every step of the way. She made sure that no detail was overlooked and made me feel confident going into my wedding day.

On Friday 8/5 we had our rehearsal and Monique did amazing dealing with our rowdy bridal party. Monique was patient and gave us enough practice rounds to make sure everyone knew what they should be doing. Monique didn’t miss any detail from how the bridal party was positioned, down to making sure all the guys had their hands the same way.

After rehearsal we had our rehearsal dinner in their backyard area. Out of all their options for rehearsal dinner packages, this turned out the best in my opinion. We had a buffet style dinner outside. They set up a bar outside just for our party. We opted to purchase drink tickets for our guests and then cash bar afterwards. The entire dinner was very relaxed and enjoyable. After dinner we could enjoy the backyard games, fire pit and goats.

On the actual wedding day.. minutes before the ceremony started, Monique came to me and let me know that rain was expected. I made the decision to move the ceremony inside. I’m glad we did, because it started down pouring minutes later. The staff at The Essex were SO quick in making the transition from outside to inside. My guests were amazed at how quick they were able to pull it off (like 5 minutes). As the bride, it was a little disappointing to not have the ceremony outside, but Monique and her staff made it a seamless transition that I didn’t feel one ounce of stress. The ceremony took place in the Atrium (where my reception was) and it was just as beautiful. They even brought in the arbor!

After the ceremony, The Essex staff had my entire reception area back to the way it was in another 5 minutes. By time I got back from family photos (which were quick btw), all of my guests were sitting and enjoying the cocktail hour.

The reception itself was flawlessly executed. I luckily picked vendors that have worked with The Essex and so the communication between everyone was on point. I also felt supported and never felt the need to watch the clock to make sure everything was happening when it should (I’m a project manager with a type A personality.. so that’s saying a lot).

For the food - we picked steak, salmon and a mushroom ravioli. We were able to taste all of the food during a private tasting months before our wedding. The chef brought in each entry separately followed by different cake options that we were able to mix and match. It was such a fun experience that my spouse and I were able to enjoy with our moms. We left the food tasting very full and excited to serve our guest the food on our wedding day.

Overall it was an amazing weekend! About 80% of our guests were from out of state, so it was nice that everyone could stay at the venue and not worry about driving after the reception.

Overall 10/10.

VENDORS:

Photography/Videography: Todd Stoilov - Still In Motion 10/10
    DJ service: Top Hat Entertainment (Darren was our DJ - also 10/10)
    Photo Booth: Top Hat Entertainment 10/10
    Flowers: Flowers by Nicole (Nicole Nappi) 10/10
    My Hair/Makeup (10/10): I worked through Amanda Hopcroft Hair and Makeup Artist. The actual artist who did my hair and makeup was Sarah Crowley from Finishing Touch VT.

I also worked with Amanda Hopcroft for bridal party hair/makeup. The actual artist were Jodi Anthes (independent through Amanda Hopcroft) and Rheanna Gaudette (Elan Hair Lounge)

Table cloths - The Linen Company
    Jeffrey S. Married on 05/21/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing place to get married!

I cannot say enough positive things about The Essex. The venue, hotel, and grounds are so incredibly beautiful. The staff was helpful and proactive starting from the day we put our deposit down. Bekah, our day-of coordinator was literally unbelievable, and we would not have had as great of a day without her expertise. The food was so good, and we were so happy that we chose this venue.
  • Ilia
    Ilia G. Married on 10/10/2020

Fairytale Wedding

Even though we had to wear masks due to COVID-19, The Essex made everyone feel comfortable and safe. They were an absolute pleasure to work with and did everything within their power to make sure that my husband and I had the wedding we had always dreamed of. I would absolutely recommend this venue, Hannah is absolutely amazing as well!
  • illustration stars

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Deals

The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa 1
Offer

Flexible on your wedding date? The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa, is now offering an incredible savings of $1500 towards your special day! Book a wedding at The Essex Sunday-Thursday and received a value of $1500 off your site fee!

Green Mountain Sound and Entertainment Green Mountain Sound and Entertainment Wedding DJs

We have done several weddings now at the Essex and the Ponds. We enjoyed working with their wedding coordinators, the function rooms are unique and the ceremony sites are beautiful! Highly recommend.

Lucas deSousa Photography Lucas deSousa Photography Wedding Photographers

The Essex Resort and Spa is one of my favorite venues for a wedding. Top notch service and beautiful grounds make for an amazing setting. One of my favorite Vermont wedding venues.

RPM Entertainment RPM Entertainment Wedding DJs

Great staff and venue!

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
70 Essex Way Essex Junction, Vermont, 05452

Please call
Location of (The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa)

The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa frequently asked questions

What items and services are included in the starting site fee at The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa?

The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa includes the following items and services for wedding events in its starting site fee:
  • Bridal Suite
  • Linens
  • Parking
  • Set Up
  • Tables

At The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa, what items and services related to wedding catering are included in the cost?

The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa includes the following items and services in its wedding catering costs:
  • Cake Cutting
  • Server(s)
  • Wedding Cake

At The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa, what does the bar service starting price include?

The bar service starting price at The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa includes:
  • Bartender(s)
  • House Liquor
  • House Wine
  • Limited Bar

What are the most important characteristics of The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa for wedding events is known for:
  • Banquet Hall
  • Farm/Ranch
  • Resort

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa for wedding events?

The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:
  • Indoor
  • Covered Outdoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor
  • Scenic Views

What kind of wedding events does The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa offer?

The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa offers the following types of wedding events:
  • Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Bridal Shower
  • Engagement Party
  • Elopements
  • Rehearsal Dinner

What services does The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa offer for wedding events?

The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa offers the following services for wedding events:
  • Accommodations
  • Outside Vendors
  • Pet Friendly
  • Set Up
  • Wifi

What furniture and decorations does The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa have available for wedding events?

The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa offers the following furniture and decor items for weddings:
  • Altar/Arch
  • Audio Equipment
  • Dance Floor
  • Tables

What percentage of users recommend The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa is recommended by 93% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 4.7 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 4.7 in quality of service, 4.7 in average response time, 4.7 in flexibility, 4.7 in professionalism and 4.7 in value.

What kind of wedding service promotions does The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa offer?

The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa currently offers 1 offer promotion for wedding services.

Other vendors in Burlington for your wedding

Wedding Venues