1110 Congress Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002 Map · Phone number

About The Cake Courtesan

The Cake Courtesan is wedding bakery located in Washington, D.C. No matter what kind of cake you’re looking for, The Cake Courtesan team can design something that fits you and your partner’s unique taste. Owner and lead cake artist Sharon White uses locally grown and organic ingredients to make desserts that both look and taste delicious. With the help of her partner Fay McArthur, Sharon provides couples with innovative designs that incorporate everything from realistic handmade frosting flowers to edible gold and silver.

The Cake Courtesan uses only the freshest ingredients to create a variety of dessert items, including cakes, dessert buffets, and cupcake towers. Upon request, Sharon can create vegan cakes as well. Services provided by the team include:

• Consultations

The Cake Courtesan 7
  • Paris

Paris · Married on 12/15/2018

Beautiful and delicious!!!!

We loved our cake and the cupcakes were so beautiful. We went with four cupcake flavors. Sharon decorated the cupcakes to reflect their flavor. Not only were the cupcakes and the cake beautiful but they were delicious. Thank you Cake Courtesan!!!!

Sent on 01/07/2019
    The Cake Courtesan 8

Danisha · Married on 04/29/2018

Sharon and Fay are a dynamite team. Excellent service, easy process, and very high quality product. I found the pricing reasonable and all that Sharon did within my budget far exceeded my expectations. I had shopped around a little but didn't want to belabor the selection process. I was satisfied with the first person I did a tasting with, but my wedding planner suggested that I at least do a tasting with her recommendation, The Cake Courtesan, and their cakes absolutely blew me and my husband away! It was so hard to choose a flavor because they were all so delicious. The other issue is I'm not really a cake person but I thought it was necessary since I was getting married and all... for that reason, I wasn't sure what I wanted so I gave Sharon some very basic guidelines. She created a GORGEOUS marble design using my wedding colors. The end product was classy, elegant, and DELICIOUS. My only gripe is that after the cake cutting ceremony my husband and I somehow missed getting an actual slice of cake to enjoy (our fault for dancing all night I guess). But the guests who got a slice loved it. I'm trying to come up with another fancy occasion to plan so I can come back!

Sent on 05/21/2018
    The Cake Courtesan 9
    The Cake Courtesan 10
    The Cake Courtesan 11

Christina · event on 12/09/2017

Professionalism and responsiveness is huge for me. The Cake Courtesan met my expectations and the desserts were enjoyed by my guests. Look forward to working with you again soon.

Sent on 01/04/2018

Award

The Cake Courtesan FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake? Anniversary Cake, Cake Stands, Top Tier of the Cake
  • What services do your prices include? Consultation, Custom Cake Design, Set Up, Tastings - Open House
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cakes, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake
  • What services do you provide? Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Tastings - Open House, Tastings - Private
  • What cake items do you provide? Cake Stands
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Vegan
  • What special ingredients do you use? Fresh Fruit, Local, Organic
  • Are you licensed by the state health department? Yes

• EverMoreEvents II
    EverMoreEvents II Wedding Planners

I love to go to Cake Courtesan. Friendly staff, customer friendly, flexible, and best tasting cakes I've had in a long time. Not to mention they are budeget consious to make you feel great. Sharon is a creative genius. Thank you and look forward to working with your for a long time. Toni Taylor, Wedding Planner, c/o EverMoreEvents II

• 1110 Congress Street, NE Washington, District of Columbia, 20002 See on map