903 Manchester Street Suite 190, Lexington, KY 40511 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

About The Barrel House

We are meticulously maintained. You should have a reasonable expectation as to how your banquet room will look six months or a year from when you book it. The investment in facility maintenance & renovation speaks for itself. Each of our venues boast many items.

Why should you have your reception at a stuffy hall? Why not have your event at a full service elegant venue with fabulous food, professional service & affordable prices? We are a unique alternative for event spaces. We will make for a memorable occasion, off-site meeting or gathering spot. Our venue has been restored and remodeled to fit today’s urban landscape, while retaining the character and styling of the original architecture making it an ideal venue to meet, greet, play and party in downtown Lexington.

From the moment, you sit down with our planners, you’ll feel at ease. In addition to expert planning assistance & impeccable service focused solely on your needs & desires, we offer a host of other exceptional amenities. Our experts will handle all the details creating a beautiful, stress free environment for you & your guests. An incredible menu and a beautiful venue combined with sincere, excellent service will ensure everything you hoped for.

7 Reviews for The Barrel House

Carrie · Married on 06/08/2013

The Grand Reserve in Lexington, KY is amazing it previously was a distillery, the rustic look is still there with the romantic but fun atmosphere. The Grand Reserve has it all - Catering, DJ, Serving staff, Decorations and so much more. My daughter Samantha and her brides maids were able to use the Bridal Suite at the Grand Reserve to get ready for her big day and later returned after the wedding ceremony for the Reception. The food was provided by Blugrass Catering and was delicious we had about 170 people attend and there was plenty for all and it was always hot and fresh. Table, chairs and linens were beautiful. The lighting was perfect and the DJ was one of the best I have seen he kept things going and everyone dancing. The refreshment bar was convenient for our guests and the open bar on the other end was well stocked and beverages were served by bar tenders provided by The Grand Reserve. We brought in our own cake and Blugrass Catering staff took care of slicing and placing the cake on the tables. The owner of the Grand Reserve Kelly King Bakehorn worked with us from day one to meet all of our needs and wants. We highly recommend this Venue for any type of event. My daughter's exact words "IT WAS AMAZING everything was PERFECT!!!

Sent on 06/16/2013

Shannon · Married on 07/21/2012

I just got married and had a reception at the Barrel House on July 21st. I had a fabulous experience with the staff and owners. Working with them was easy. When I arrived on my wedding day, I was beyond pleased with the reception hall and the gardens. I didn't even add anything to the garden because it was so beautiful. The DJ, David, was an expert at announcing, entertaining the crowd, and showing us some dance moves. David played all the songs I wanted and was just awesome! I didn't have a wedding planner for my wedding. Kelly worked well with the extra vendor and friends bringing the flowers. She really helped the flow on the wedding day. The photo booth was a huge hit with everyone. Even my parents enjoyed it! All my guests raved about the Barrel House. They had such a great time celebrating our special day! The Barrel House made our dreams come true. There was no worry or stress on my wedding day because of their hard work and dedication. I got to concentrate on celebrating love and having a good time with my husband, family, and friends. I highly recommend the Barrel House!!!

Sent on 08/02/2012

r · Married on 07/21/2012

I was recently married and the Barrel House handled both the wedding and the reception. We didn't have a planner, but never missed one. Kelly handled the majority of our details including decorating, set up, clean up, dj, and limo. She and Jill worked with us to keep us in budget, which was pretty limited considering all of our needs. Everything ran smoothly despite several wardrobe and prop malfunctions one of those being my dress! The cleaners broke the eyelet on my dress, but Kelly saved me from falling out of it by sewing me into...she had the supplies on hand and new exactly what we needed. She fixed the problem before I had time to worry about it. She was a Godsend! I was clueless and clumsy going into everything, but felt fully prepared by the time I walked out. The garden and reception hall were beautiful, the food was fantastic, and we never wanted for anything. She checked on us repeatedly while we dressed and prepped, and brought in a glass of champagne (per my request) as soon as I got there. She helped to direct us every step of the way and reminded us of things we would have otherwise forgotten (such as cake cutters and attendance book). I truly believe that they care about the people that come to them and do their best to ensure that all things are in place. We were perfectly pleased with every aspect of the day, and Kelly and Jill had alot to do with this. Amazing service!!

Sent on 08/03/2012

• Doug Smith Designs + Events
    Doug Smith Designs + Events Wedding Florists

What a wonderful place to have your ceremony and reception. A great location in downtown Lexington. The staff is always williing to go the extra mile to help you with your special day.

• 903 Manchester Street Suite 190, Suite 150 Lexington, KY, 40511 See on map