Van Nuys, CA 91405 Map · Phone number
Package Price $2,500
  • Photos & Videos 88

About Tealight Events by Carina McLaughlin

Tealight Weddings and Events is an event planning company based in Southern California. Our philosophy is simple: this is your engagement and it should be full of fun, excitement and anticitpation. The last thing you need is to stress over the details....that's what we're here for!

You may have planned your entire wedding from beginning to end and, as the day approaches, a small voice begins nagging that you forgot something. You did, and it's very simple: as your big day draws near, you just need a little help tying it all together. We'll handle all the last minute vendor details (while you're getting a massage). We'll put out the fire when the cake shows up 15 minutes late (while you're getting yoru hair done). We'll help you bustle your dress for the reception (we know you love your mother, but really, how many dresses has she bustled?!)

Or maybe you are one of those brides with a busy schedule and without the time it takes to plan a wedding. Tealight Weddings and Events will design an unforgettable event that your guests will be talking about for years to come. We'll listen to your ideas and thoughts to create an event that reflects you and your fiance's style and personalities.

I have spent nearly 10 years in the catering business, coordinating wait and kitchen staffs and working with countless Southern California vendors for a wide variety of events ranging from intimate dinner parties to celebrity weddings to corporate and fundraising events. After becoming engaged myself and happily jumping feet first into the planning process, I became addicted to every aspect of weddings....love, family and gorgeous, unique details. That is why I decided to use my warm and friendly, yet strictly business, approach to help other couples plan, and more importantly, relax and enjoy the most iportant day of their lives.

In my opinion, being a wedding planner is about being a friend and confidante, giving advice and guidance, not telling you what to do, but listening to your ideas and making them happen. I look forward to meeting you and embarking on this wonderful journey with you!

Follow Tealight Events by Carina McLaughlin on

3001122of161
  • Videos 2

46 Reviews for Tealight Events by Carina McLaughlin

Kass · Married on 07/15/2017

Carina was absolutely amazing and beyond. She saved us after a bad experience with another planner. I can't imagine what the day or months leading up to the wedding would have been like without her. Try lifesaver. And a great person as well she has fantastic ideas too.

Chau · Married on 07/31/2016

Carina was so amazing and I couldn't thank her enough. We were very last minute and didn't decide to hire a wedding planner until 6 months before our wedding date in summer 2016. We wanted to do the venue scout on our own, before we realized that no progress has been made after 2 months of search. We booked her for the full service from finding the right venue, selecting vendors, negotiating pricing, decorating, to coordinating the event. Within 1 month, we successfully secured the venue of our dream, the Humming Bird Nest Ranch. It was far from what we had expected and surely exceeded our expectation. She is experienced and has a lot of connections with vendors in the wedding industry which gave us the options to pick and choose the one we like at the right pricing. One of the most important aspect of planning your wedding is to stay within your budget and be mindful with all the expenses. Carina helped us to keep track of the $ amount at every step. She was also very flexible and accommodating when it came to setting out the time to visit the venues and vendors with us, even on the weekend. My fiancee then and I both own our businesses which take up the majority of our time; having a wedding planner definitely guided us through the planning process and helped us to make the right decisions. I always came to Carina for help at the last minute and it was never too much to ask. We didn't plan to have a videographer and 4 weeks before the wedding I decided that I wanted to have one ( I know...) And of course I had a budget and a very specific idea of the videographer's style. She came back to me with a few options which I ended up saying no to. She didn't give up searching for the right one and 2 weeks before the wedding, she found me a videographer who met my budget, my style, and also was available for my wedding date. I couldn't be happier. If I had to do my wedding all over again I would definitely hire Carina as my planner!

Molly · Married on 05/14/2016

I would recommend Carina McLaughlin and Tealight Events to anyone without hesitation. Working with Carina and Tealight was easy and enjoyable from start to finish. Fantastic industry relationships and recommendations, impressive responsiveness, calm and friendly at all times--wonderful to work with at every stage of planning. Our wedding had quite a few moving parts (including guest shuttles and setting up a kitchen on-site), and Carina/Tealight made it all fun and a total success! On top of all of that, the pricing options for Tealight's services are a great value (especially in Los Angeles).

• Embrace Life Photography
    Embrace Life Photography Wedding Photographers

As artists, we love when all the details come together to provide a beautiful environment to create incredible photography and Tealight Weddings & Events knows how to make that happen. We photographed a wedding in Pasadena that was designed by Tealight, and The Knot magazine chose to feature it because of the creative touches and great use of space.

• Next Exit Photography
    Next Exit Photography Wedding Photographers

As wedding photographers, our biggest asset can be the wedding planner. Carina is such a doll... she listens, has amazing ideas and works so well with her clients. We had the privilege of working with her last year at a wedding at the Los Verdes Golf Course and we were blown away by her talent and professionalism.

• { Susie Chhuor Studios } Your Beauty Dream Team
    { Susie Chhuor Studios } Your Beauty Dream Team Wedding Hair & Makeup

Tealight Weddings and Events is always a pleasure to work with. Carina is highly organized, talented and top of everything. As a vendor it is important to work with a coordinator that knows what they are doing and fully understands how to develop a timeline that takes into consideration all aspects of the wedding day. Carina of Tealight Weddings never fails to amaze our hair and makeup team with her impeccable communication and sincere passion for what she does. Thanks Carina&Tealight

• Van Nuys, 91405 See on map