San Antonio, TX 78213 Map · Phone number

About Tamez Photography

To me, there’s nothing better than having a creative thought and being able to express it, to make it happen. My idea of Earthly happiness, as one would be asked if presented with the Proust Questionnaire, is to be able to do what I love every single day. Bob Dylan puts it more poetically “A man can consider himself a success if he gets up in the morning, goes to bed at night and in between he did exactly what he wanted.” When people ask me –Why do you do photography? The only proper answer I have been able to articulate is: because it is the only thing I could do, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Photography is writing with emulsion. It is telling a story at 1/250th of a second. Photography is what I am, rather than what I do. Let’s inspire, let’s create.

Follow Tamez Photography on

sanantonioaustintexasweddingphotographer home 002
f9e1122657d8c96c 1504727614852 sanantonioaustintexasweddingphotographer home 01
jorgetamez wedding daisy 608

2 Reviews for Tamez Photography

Jorge Tamez provided an excellent service. His packages are well planned and their prices are affordable. Quality was excellent in engagements and wedding pictures. Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/30/2015
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 05/18/2014

Jorge did an amazing job on our wedding photos! I was skeptical at first because his prices are so good but as soon as he sent us our online gallery and I got two pictures in, I knew we had made a great choice.

Him, his second shooter, and assistant were all a delight to interact with. Everyone was impressed we had such a large photography team. He was really flexible with changes I made up to the wedding day. The team arrived early and got right to work, I didn't have to instruct anyone on what to do. I was having my hair/makeup done and they started photographing details without any need to "bother" me. They came in competent and ready to do their job, which is so nice on a day you're being pulled in a million directions.

I started crying when I saw all of the pictures. They're all so beautiful and captured everything perfectly. We got our photos back in record speed as well, it was quite shocking since the other photographers I talked to costed 4x more and promised your photos in 4-6 weeks.

Thanks so much Jorge & Amber! You guys are great.

Sent on 06/02/2014

Tamez Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 1,900.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Digital Files, Matted Prints
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,700.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Custom Graphics, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Matted Prints, Negatives, Prints
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Matted Prints, Negatives, Prints, Proofs