Plated, Buffet, Stations, Family Style

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Take Away Gourmet

High End Off Premise Caterer offering a personal touch for your special day!

Full service off-premise caterer for all of lifes celebrations!

Categories: Wedding Caterer

Regions serviced: Northern New Jersey

Follow Take Away Gourmet on

14 Reviews for Take Away Gourmet

Chuck is an extremely talented chef who runs an amazing company. I had been looking for a unique wedding venue, something different than the typical catering hall when I stumbled upon The Hermitage. Take-Away Gourmet is the exclusive caterer to this gorgeous historic Landmark. I had emailed Chuck inquiring information and within the hour he had responded. He was genuinely interested in how I found The Hermitage, the type of wedding I envisioned and how my fiance and I had met; among other things. He spent the time with us, guiding us in the right direction. I was a bride on a budget; not willing to drop copious amounts of money, and he worked with us completely. We chose to do more of an "extended cocktail hour;" passed hor d'oeuvres and a few food stations where people could chose what they wanted. We did the pasta station and the NY steakhouse station. THE FOOD IS AMAZING! So many of our guests commented on how this was the best food they've ever had a wedding. I honestly cannot recommend Chuck enough; his professionalism and friendliness- not to mention his creative culinary mind; we were lucky to have him throughout our wedding planning.

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/6/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Chuck and his crew were absolutely amazing. He catered my wedding, as well as helped coordinate the rentals, and all I can say is that it went a thousand times more smoothly than I ever thought it would. He was always there to answer questions and give advice. This doesn't even address his food, which was delicious. Everyone at my wedding complimented me on the food selection. I would recommend him to anyone, and will absolutely turn to him in the future.

Profile Picture User3281262, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Take Away Gourmet did an awesome job catering for our wedding. Every detail was perfect and the food was absolutely delicious. We had several family member and friends come up to us and say - "Wow. That was the best food I have ever had at a wedding." I would highly recommend Take Away Gourmet for your wedding or other event.

Profile Picture User3359073, 2+ years ago, 1 Review

220x220 sq 1236099649560 wasserpics001
220x220 sq 1236099652248 wasserpics013
220x220 sq 1236099670638 dsc01788

3 ENDORSEMENTS
If you're looking for food / catering, Chuck and Take Away Gourmet are the team that you want to be working with. We recently worked with Chuck at a wedding, and here are my reasons for recommending him: 1) Awesome food! It wasn't the typical mediocre food that I feel like you find at many wedding receptions. This was GOOD stuff. The whole band loved what he prepared, and I know your guests will too! 2) Responsiveness: Chuck ALWAYS got back to me within 24 hours any time I contacted him. This will give you the peace of mind knowing that your vendors are communicating effectively throughout the planning process for your wedding. It will also give you comfort because if you have questions, you know you're going to get answers in a timely manner. 3) Organization: The timeline for weddings depends heavily on the caterer's schedule for preparing and serving food. As a band leader, we plan our music around this timeline. Chuck and Take Away Gourmet set up a timeline and stuck with it. Not only does this help us plan as a band, but it means that when you develop a timeline with Chuck for your wedding, you can feel comfortable that your reception is going to flow the way you plan and expect it to.

Chuck is amazing! The food is first class and the attention to detail even better! I strongly recommend Take Away Gourmet! - mark, elegant ensembles inc

With years of experience in NYC and NJ, TAG brings it all to the table; great food, well trained professional staff, local resources for all your wedding needs, and now, "The Hermitage". This beautiful national landmark provides a magnificent Victorian backdrop for your wedding and reception.

26 West Prospect Street, Waldwick, NJ 07463   See On Map