Swiftel Center

Brookings, South Dakota View map

We do WOW. With state-of-the-art banquet rooms and in-house catering, the Swiftel Center is an international award-winning venue of excellence and one of South Dakota’s premier event centers.

From the very start, you are assigned a specific Event Manager who works with you from initial planning through the BIG day. Your Event Manager is the principal source of information: reviewing your options and documenting your selection of room set up, linens, napkin color, menu and special details. You will also meet with our Executive Chef to select a menu that will delight all your guests.

Our staff is ready to coordinate and implement all the special details to make your BIG DAY a spectacular reality. We are excited to get to know you and learn more about your wedding plans!

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$1000

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$1000

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$250

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$250

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Server(s)

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
House Liquor
House Wine
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Ballroom
Banquet Hall

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Uncovered Outdoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

All Inclusive Packages
Get Ready Rooms
Lighting / Sound
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Aisle Markers
Audio Equipment
Chairs
Dance Floor
Drapery
Lighting
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

May
June
July
August
September
October

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January
February
March
April
November
December

K R Married on 03/08/2021

Cannot RAVE enough!

I don't know about you, but often large venues can be intimidating to book and often get overlooked. 'There could be more than one wedding reception going on', 'what if I can't make it intimate enough', I heard it all while looking at venues. BUT, with the pandemic, original plans had to change and the entire wedding day was moved to the Swiftel Center - I do mean everything - getting dressed, family pictures, ceremony yep all there! And guess what? There WAS another wedding reception was being held :), - so you may be thinking "this is a rave?"

YES - OMG - YES

Here is why -
    We never noticed the other wedding party (we found out later, they had 6 kegs and 240 people) we never heard them, saw them, The facility is soundproofed!
    Dinner was plated and served. ON time and the staff was so professional and polite! The food was AMAZING!
    Oh and guess what - the other wedding dinner was 15 mins apart from ours! Coordination at its finest - We had one main point person - Jeena - I wish she could run my life! Constantly floating around and just eyeing things, a dropped toy from a little one (she picked it up and played with him,) helping clean tables and serve with staff. I notice these kinds of things. And it was those little details that made me appreciate her so much more.
    The staff worked with everyone, DJ, and photographer to ensure lights, setup, timeline were all on track. I cannot say enough amazing things about my experience working with the Swiftel Center. I don't plan on ever getting married again, but I do plan on letting people know about the great experience I had!
    Jenna P. Married on 12/12/2020

PSA Brides: do yourself a huge favor and BOOK THE SWIFTEL CENTER!

I promise you, you will not find another all-inclusive venue with the level of service the Swiftel Center provides anywhere else.

The Swiftel Center is complete with a variety of spaces and all your equipment needs (tables, chairs, pipe and drape, staging, specialized lighting including bistro lights and LED uplights, customizable color linens and napkins - you name it, they have you covered)! They also provide in-house catering (aka why waste time seeking out a caterer when the Swiftel Center has an award-winning chef!) and most importantly, a full-service bar. Our guests are STILL raving about our wedding menu, and it's three months later.

Lastly, the Swiftel Center has the best staff. This was one of the most important things I was looking for when booking our reception venue. They take their motto, "Midwest Hospitality at its Best" to heart. From the catering staff and the security on-site during the reception to our personal event manager throughout the planning process and on the day of the wedding was unmatched. Any questions Adam and I had leading up the big day were answered directly, and any vision we crafted, our event manager was determined to find a way to make our big day as special as we had always dreamed (even during the COVID-19 pandemic!). To put it simply, our event manager made everything feel seamless and she took a huge weight of stress off of my chest.

Adam and I are so grateful for everything the Swiftel Center did to make our day the very best! If you are a bride who would like a stress-free venue, who will take your reception to the next level, consider the Swiftel Center!
    Kelly Married on 09/15/2012
    I had my reception at the Swiftel Center in Brookings and they did a really good job to make sure I was happy and to make sure all the guests were happy they were awesome! Plus I had a lot of compliments on the food!!

Pricing

Swiftel Center Price Rates

Dakota Entertainment Dakota Entertainment Wedding DJs

The Swiftel Center is a 5 Star facility with top notch staff. Very friendly, professional, and courteous! I have been performing for events at the Swiftel ever since they opened and the place looks great every time.

Hitch Studio Hitch Studio Wedding Planners

As a wedding planner in Brookings, SD, I know I can always confidently recommend the Swiftel Center as a reception venue. The staff is flexible, is creative with solutions, serves fantastic food options, and has the BEST customer service and attention to detail. The Swiftel Center has plenty of parking, is a great location near hotels in Brookings, and is one of the largest venues in Brookings. I highly recommend the Swiftel Center for your wedding or event!

• Hitch Studio
    Rating 4.9 out of 5 , 71 Reviews
    · Wedding Planners

824 32nd Avenue Brookings, South Dakota, 57006
Location of (Swiftel Center)

Other vendors in Sioux Falls for your wedding