112 North Center Street, Statesville, NC 28677 Map · Phone number

Sweet Thing Bakery and Cafe 1
Sweet Thing Bakery and Cafe 2
Sweet Thing Bakery and Cafe 3

Molly · Married on 09/01/2018

We used this bakery for everything regarding our wedding. Preston was so easy to work with during our first tasting and did not try to up sell us. He provided our grooms cake, wedding cake, and numerous desserts for our dessert table. Along with all of the cake stands/stands/display decor for all the desserts for our dessert table. They delivered everything on time and everything looked stunning. Not only did everything look stunning, but it tasted AMAZING. I can not recommended them enough.

Sent on 09/20/2018
  • alwaysandforeversimpson

Sublena · Married on 10/07/2017

Let me say this I am a cake decorator myself and when it came to deciding on a wedding cake for our wedding I was lost. I honestly considered doing it myself, but knew that wouldn't be logical for me. That sent me to my favorite bakery. My husband lived in Stateville, so I've visited the bakery many of times in the past. I made an appointment for consultation and met with Preston, he was simply awesome. Unfortunately I gave him NOTING to go on, I had no idea what I wanted only the flavor!!! He got some basic information, my colors, theme and date/time. From there he went to work......He drafted a rough sketch that day and said not to worry it would be beautiful. I was beyond pleased, a lot of times there is always something not quite right with the cake, luckily I can't say that. We ordered basic vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream and a small 2 tiered strawberry champagne cake with champagne cream cheese icing.

Sent on 10/29/2017
    Sweet Thing Bakery and Cafe 4
    Sweet Thing Bakery and Cafe 5

Sweet Thing Bakery and Cafe's reply:

It was my pleasure to work with you. I'm so happy you were pleased with everything and appreciate your review!

Emily · Married on 10/08/2016

The cake was one of the best things about my wedding! I also knew, before I was even engaged, that my cake would be Strawberry Champagne from Sweet Thing. It did not disappoint! It was beautiful & delicious and I got so many wonderful compliments about the cake! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Sweet Thing Bakery and Cafe's reply:

Thank you! It was our pleasure to serve you- We look forward to celebrating all the milestones that come along with happily ever after!

Sweet Thing Bakery and Cafe FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding cakes with buttercream frosting (per slice, without tax)? $ 2.00
  • What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)? $ 3.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake? Anniversary Cake, Top Tier of the Cake
  • What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)? $ 2.00
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cake Pops, Cakes, Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Fruit, Groom's Cake, Pastries
  • What cake items do you provide? Cake Stands
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Nut Free, Vegan
  • What special ingredients do you use? Local, Organic
  • Are you licensed by the state health department? Not Required

• Statesville Country Club
    Statesville Country Club Country Club Weddings

One of the best Bakeries in Statesville! We're always so pleased with Preston's work! We always send our clients his way first!

• Events by Bria Lee
    Events by Bria Lee Wedding Planners

I love working with Preston at Sweet Thing, he and his staff are so accommodating and friendly! I never have to worry about a cake be delivered on time - or how it's going to look! They always do an amazing job!

• 112 North Center Street Statesville, 28677 See on map