4301 W. William Cannon Bldg. B, Suite 120, Austin, TX 78749 Map · Phone number

About Sweet Tempered

Sweet Tempered consists of Pastry Chef Christy Hughes and Marketing/Creative Director Jennifer Crandell. The dynamic duo's love of food brought them together over ten years ago, and they have worked closely and diligently together ever since. Today's version of Sweet Tempered was originally inspired by Cory Crandell, Jennifer's husband. Jennifer took his idea, combined it with Christy's unrivaled talent, added in her own drive and tenacity, and the result has been sweet success.

Sweet Tempered currently specializes in Wedding & Specialty cakes for any occasion and have been affectionately referred to as "The Queens of Cake" by some of our peers. We provide anything and everything sweet for a wedding; welcome baskets, wedding favors, edible centerpieces, Bride/Groom cakes, dessert bars and edible place cards. We are also known for our spectacular specialty cakes. Our 3-D cakes are a joy to produce, and a pleasure to present to our client who is consistently elated at the end product. Our logo cakes for businesses have also proven to be big hits.

warholcake
weblogo
byerscake

3 Reviews for Sweet Tempered

Julie · Married on 05/09/2009

OK, I cannot stress enough how amazing these ladies are. They are SO talented and easy to work with. I highly recommend going with Sweet Tempered. The cakes portray extreme attention to detail and taste divine. I wanted to cry when I first saw the finished cakes in the reception hall. They went above and beyond and the cakes were perfect (they even let me use my own handmade stands and figured out how to balance each wooden slice). Mine were not traditional cakes and the girls at Sweet Tempered took on the challenge whole heartedly and the end result was absolutely awesome.

See the images below:

&

Sent on 08/07/2009

amber · Married on 08/02/2008

There is not one negative thing to say about Sweet Tempered. The cakes were honestly, the best I have ever tasted. The price was extremely reasonable. But on top of all of that, the owners are exceptional. They were the only two vendors in our entire process that I felt I could talk honestly too. I never once felt as though I was bothering them, and they always returned my e-mails and calls promptly. I never once felt as though they were taking advantage of the "wedding costs", which almost every vendor seemed to do. I would recommed Sweet Tempered to anyone and I will ALWAYS use them for any occasion. They are the best deal in Austin!!

Sent on 08/11/2008

Jolene · Married on 11/15/2008

3.5
      3.5

We met with sweet tempered, and came up with a cake that my husband and I designed. Our cake tasting was fantastic with sweet tempered, and the drawing of the cake looked amazing. When the cake was delivered and set up, the colors of the icing were different then we had discussed, and it didn't have the wow factor we were expecting from our meetings and the drawing of the cake. The cake tasted good, and the owners were easy to talk to. With anyone you get to do your cake, just give a lot of color samples, and go over that I would suggest.

Sent on 01/27/2009

Award

• AustinDJ.org - SoundSource Entertainment
    AustinDJ.org - SoundSource Entertainment Wedding DJs

SoundSource Dj Service (www.AustinDJ.org or www.SoundSourceDJService.com) highly recommends this company! Need a DJ for your special event? Call Brian at 877-266-6935 x709 or 512-213-4990 to receive a $75 off coupon for using this vendor.

• 4301 W. William Cannon, Bldg. B, Suite 120 Austin, 78749 See on map