Closed business icon The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

66 Reviews for SUGARPLUM

4.7
Formal Gowns (2)

0.5

They sell used dresses with the designer's original labels removed. They sew in their label and overcharge. No wonder they don't allow photos. What they are doing is unethical and illegal. Customer service is non-existent. I suppose they feel as though if they treat their customers like they're doing them a favor the shoppers will beg to buy from them?!? Do yourself a favor and purchase a NEW, UNWORN, dress from a reputable dress shop....NOT this place. They will tell you they will hold the dress or order the dress...ummm, not so fast. I didn't for me or for two others that I know of. Why? Because the dresses are off the rack. I wouldn't even mind buying a clean, pristine display dress ...but don't lie about it and charge full price. I was shocked and taken back at the rude manner in which they treated me and others. Can't believe they have lasted in Garden City, NY of all places.

Profile Picture Lori, 9/22/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Anyone in the N.Y area must use Sugarplum for any and all formal attire. From the minute I walked in, it was a great experience. Everyone there is great. Natalie is such a great person who helped me thru the whole process. Can't say enough about this place and the entire staff!!!

Profile Picture Maria, 10/15/17, 2 Reviews
2.8

I noticed so many rave reviews and that's fabulous for the store. However, after knowing this store for so many years, I was rather disappointed in my search for mother of the groom gown. It was crowded because of prom time and perhaps I should have known better OR perhaps I could have been given an option to come back when it was less crowded. They would do well to suggest that to someone. The worst thing the client might say is, "no thank you." I was not given suggestions of gown options that might work best on my body. I did request a certain manufacturer, but again, asking a client if they'd be okay trying a different manuf. is perfectly fine. I felt rushed and I felt no real honest opinion given to me. It didn't feel right but I gave my full payment anyway. And it was rather expensive. My fault, yes, but I should have been given more direction, advice and support. I'm not going be keeping my gown...guess I'll have to chalk it up. I wish the store all the best of course!!

Profile Picture Janet, 6/4/17, 1 Review