About Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking

Custom made wedding gowns in the style of your dreams! Serving the tri-state area.

Award-winning Style des Rêves (Style of Dreams) in the Mid-Hudson Valley is a high quality fashion design studio, specializing in custom-made wedding gowns for over 25 years.

As the proprietor and designer, I work directly with each customer. Through conversations and sharing images, I get to know exactly how you want to look and feel on your special day. We will work together closely throughout the process of making or altering so you are assured of being completely happy with the final product.

I view every wedding look as special, whether building it from scratch or perfecting an off-the-rack dress. You can come to me with a sketch on a napkin, a vintage find that needs updating, or a sale-priced gown that is too big (or small) and I will apply my expertise to turn it into the style of your dreams!

I believe in the value of honest dealing, true craftsmanship, beautiful fabrics, buying local and treating all people equally. Oh, and a free consultation.

I look forward to scheduling your first appointment!

Phone: 845.626.5353   email: barbara@styledesreves.com

Mother of Bride (3)
Bridesmaids (2)
Replicas (2)
Mother of Groom (1)

Barbara and I collaborated on a mother of the groom gown for my son's wedding. I had a vision, and she executed that vision and brought such a deep knowledge and skill of dressmaking, that astonished me. Having had a business in the periphery of the garment industry, I had basic knowledge of fabrics and techniques... as I began to work with Barbara, I absolutely knew my gown was in the right hands and knew without a doubt, that Barbara was going to make the creation come to life perfectly...which she did, exceeding my expectations exponentially! Her insight, skills, and care for every facet was such a comfort for me, that it was worth the extra time to drive to her studio for whatever fitting she needed. In the end, I not only felt beautiful, but was complimented all night long on my gown. My whole experience was such a pleasure, that I can't put into words my deep gratitude to Barbara.

Photo of Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking in Accord, NY - Me, My husband and our grandaughter
Profile Picture april, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I give her five stars because Barbara is the absolute best!!! She's very reasonably priced, does meticulous work, and an absolute pleasure to work with. I ended up with the wedding dress of my dreams! I bought a dress off the rack for $200 from a bridal boutique that was going out of business, it was a size 12 or 16 and I'm typically a 4 or 6 in dress sizes, the dress was also a drop waist and I wanted it to fit perfectly to my natural waist. I bought the dress in hopes of finding a dress maker to completely transform my dress into my dream dress. Cue Barbara floating in as an angel. Despite there being nine layers of tulle, a complete transformation of the top of the dress from a drop waist to a natural waist, and bead work needed to be done by hand, Barb seemed confident that she could make my dream dress come true. I'm so glad I trusted her, because my dress was everything I had imagined and more!!!! It was absolutely stunning. She did such great work that my judgey best friend now uses her to get his suits tailored and my mom used her to tailor her dress for the wedding. I recommend Barbara wholeheartedly.

Photo of Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking in Accord, NY - Before Picture of the drop waist dress (blah!)
Photo of Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking in Accord, NY - After picture- It fit perfectly!!!!!!!!!!
Profile Picture Brittany, 11/11/17, 3 Reviews

Wedding Dress Portfolio

15 Photos

Ball Gowns

5 Photos

Old to New: wedding gown restyling
0:36 minutes

Last season one of my brides had the most beautiful dresses I had ever seen, when I queried as to it's maker/designer I was told that it was made by Barbara of Style des Reves. This dress was truly perfect in every way; every seam lined up and the way the fabric draped made a beautiful girl even more beautiful. This is not the kind of work you would expect to find around the corner and down a country road...maybe Madison Avenue, or in the heart of Paris....but tiny Allgerville NY? I'm honored to have such talent right here in my own back yard. twelve thumbs up to this master!

560 Old King's Highway, Accord, NY 12404   See On Map
845-626-5353 (phone)
By appointment. Monday-Saturday, 9-5.
Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking is a wedding dress designer from the Mid Hudson Valley. We service weddings throughout the local area, including New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts. Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking is a professional wedding dressmaker and seamstress that has been part of the Tri State area wedding industry for 25 years. We specialize in custom made wedding gowns and bridal alterations.