Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking

Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking

Custom made wedding gowns in the style of your dreams! Serving the tri-state area.

Award-winning Style des Rêves (Style of Dreams) in the Mid-Hudson Valley is a high quality fashion design studio, specializing in custom-made wedding gowns for over 25 years.

As the proprietor and designer, I work directly with each customer. Through conversations and sharing images, I get to know exactly how you want to look and feel on your special day. We will work together closely throughout the process of making or altering so you are assured of being completely happy with the final product.

I view every wedding look as special, whether building it from scratch or perfecting an off-the-rack dress. You can come to me with a sketch on a napkin, a vintage find that needs updating, or a sale-priced gown that is too big (or small) and I will apply my expertise to turn it into the style of your dreams!

I believe in the value of honest dealing, true craftsmanship, beautiful fabrics, buying local and treating all people equally. Oh, and a free consultation.

I look forward to scheduling your first appointment!

Phone: 845.626.5353   email: barbara@styledesreves.com

Mother of Bride (3)
Bridesmaids (2)
Replicas (2)
Mother of Groom (1)

Barbara and I collaborated on a mother of the groom gown for my son's wedding. I had a vision, and she executed that vision and brought such a deep knowledge and skill of dressmaking, that astonished me. Having had a business in the periphery of the garment industry, I had basic knowledge of fabrics and techniques... as I began to work with Barbara, I absolutely knew my gown was in the right hands and knew without a doubt, that Barbara was going to make the creation come to life perfectly...which she did, exceeding my expectations exponentially! Her insight, skills, and care for every facet was such a comfort for me, that it was worth the extra time to drive to her studio for whatever fitting she needed. In the end, I not only felt beautiful, but was complimented all night long on my gown. My whole experience was such a pleasure, that I can't put into words my deep gratitude to Barbara.

Photo of Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking in Accord, NY - Me, My husband and our grandaughter
Profile Picture april, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I give her five stars because Barbara is the absolute best!!! She's very reasonably priced, does meticulous work, and an absolute pleasure to work with. I ended up with the wedding dress of my dreams! I bought a dress off the rack for $200 from a bridal boutique that was going out of business, it was a size 12 or 16 and I'm typically a 4 or 6 in dress sizes, the dress was also a drop waist and I wanted it to fit perfectly to my natural waist. I bought the dress in hopes of finding a dress maker to completely transform my dress into my dream dress. Cue Barbara floating in as an angel. Despite there being nine layers of tulle, a complete transformation of the top of the dress from a drop waist to a natural waist, and bead work needed to be done by hand, Barb seemed confident that she could make my dream dress come true. I'm so glad I trusted her, because my dress was everything I had imagined and more!!!! It was absolutely stunning. She did such great work that my judgey best friend now uses her to get his suits tailored and my mom used her to tailor her dress for the wedding. I recommend Barbara wholeheartedly.

Photo of Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking in Accord, NY - Before Picture of the drop waist dress (blah!)
Photo of Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking in Accord, NY - After picture- It fit perfectly!!!!!!!!!!
Profile Picture Brittany, 11/11/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Customization, Bride, Mother of Bride, Bridal Gowns

If you're the mother of the bride and want to create something fabulous for your daughter's wedding, look NO further. Barbara was a real joy to work with. I traveled 90 minutes each way, and she's worth the drive!! She listened intently to what I was hoping to create and took notes with each visit. She was meticulous during every phase of the dressmaking...even the lining had to be perfect. I wanted something to wear that was beautiful yet comfortable. She designed the perfect evening gown with matching jacket. I had so many compliments the day of the wedding!!! More than anything, be assured Barbara is a skilled and talented dressmaker with a flair for design and fabric choices. Give her a try....you won't be sorry!!!

Profile Picture Karen, 10/29/17, 2 Reviews

220x220 sq 1422825999950 elizabeth01frwwire600h
220x220 sq 1351622488685 nora600px
220x220 sq 1447966193958 dyaniafter600

2 ENDORSEMENTS
Last season one of my brides had the most beautiful dresses I had ever seen, when I queried as to it's maker/designer I was told that it was made by Barbara of Style des Reves. This dress was truly perfect in every way; every seam lined up and the way the fabric draped made a beautiful girl even more beautiful. This is not the kind of work you would expect to find around the corner and down a country road...maybe Madison Avenue, or in the heart of Paris....but tiny Allgerville NY? I'm honored to have such talent right here in my own back yard. twelve thumbs up to this master!

We call Barbara Kerner "Her Awesomeness" for a reason: she is exactly that, and more! Easygoing, a pleasure to work with, limitless creativity, a storehouse of knowledge about her craft. We've had the pleasure of working with her twice and feel very fortunate to have had an opportunity to photograph her unique dresses.

560 Old King's Highway, Accord, NY 12404   See On Map
845-626-5353 (phone)
By appointment. Monday-Saturday, 9-5.