560 Old King's Highway, Accord, NY 12404 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking

Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking is a custom wedding gown shop and fashion design studio based in Accord, New York. They will work with you to create the dress of your dreams, whether you are building a dress from scratch or want to update a vintage find. Aside from brides, the company also provides attire for bridesmaids, flower girls, ring bearers and mothers of the bride and groom.

Experience
Barbara is the owner and designer of Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking. She has specialized in custom-made wedding gowns for more than 25 years. Barbara also has experience in lingerie design, costuming, pattern making and textile design.

For Barbara, every wedding celebration is just as unique as you. She can craft the style of your dreams, from contemporary, traditional, fancy or simple. Her creative services include:

• Consultations

Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking 1
Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking 2
Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking 3

april · Married on 12/02/2017

Barbara and I collaborated on a mother of the groom gown for my son's wedding. I had a vision, and she executed that vision and brought such a deep knowledge and skill of dressmaking, that astonished me. Having had a business in the periphery of the garment industry, I had basic knowledge of fabrics and techniques... as I began to work with Barbara, I absolutely knew my gown was in the right hands and knew without a doubt, that Barbara was going to make the creation come to life perfectly...which she did, exceeding my expectations exponentially! Her insight, skills, and care for every facet was such a comfort for me, that it was worth the extra time to drive to her studio for whatever fitting she needed. In the end, I not only felt beautiful, but was complimented all night long on my gown. My whole experience was such a pleasure, that I can't put into words my deep gratitude to Barbara.

Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking 4

Brittany · Married on 11/11/2017

I give her five stars because Barbara is the absolute best!!! She's very reasonably priced, does meticulous work, and an absolute pleasure to work with. I ended up with the wedding dress of my dreams! I bought a dress off the rack for $200 from a bridal boutique that was going out of business, it was a size 12 or 16 and I'm typically a 4 or 6 in dress sizes, the dress was also a drop waist and I wanted it to fit perfectly to my natural waist. I bought the dress in hopes of finding a dress maker to completely transform my dress into my dream dress. Cue Barbara floating in as an angel. Despite there being nine layers of tulle, a complete transformation of the top of the dress from a drop waist to a natural waist, and bead work needed to be done by hand, Barb seemed confident that she could make my dream dress come true. I'm so glad I trusted her, because my dress was everything I had imagined and more!!!! It was absolutely stunning. She did such great work that my judgey best friend now uses her to get his suits tailored and my mom used her to tailor her dress for the wedding. I recommend Barbara wholeheartedly.

Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking 5
    Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking 6

Karen · Married on 10/29/2017

If you're the mother of the bride and want to create something fabulous for your daughter's wedding, look NO further. Barbara was a real joy to work with. I traveled 90 minutes each way, and she's worth the drive!! She listened intently to what I was hoping to create and took notes with each visit. She was meticulous during every phase of the dressmaking...even the lining had to be perfect. I wanted something to wear that was beautiful yet comfortable. She designed the perfect evening gown with matching jacket. I had so many compliments the day of the wedding!!! More than anything, be assured Barbara is a skilled and talented dressmaker with a flair for design and fabric choices. Give her a try....you won't be sorry!!!

Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking Pricing

Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking Price Rates

Style des Reves Custom Dressmaking FAQ

• Who do you provide services for? Bride, Bridesmaids, Flower Girls, Mother of the Bride, Mother of the Groom, Ring Bearers
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Alterations, Appointments Only, Full Customization
  • Which of the following items do you offer? Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Dress Replicas, Formal Gowns, Garters, Plus Size Gowns, Veils
  • What is your return policy? Final Sales

• Green Cottage
    Green Cottage Wedding Florists

Last season one of my brides had the most beautiful dresses I had ever seen, when I queried as to it's maker/designer I was told that it was made by Barbara of Style des Reves. This dress was truly perfect in every way; every seam lined up and the way the fabric draped made a beautiful girl even more beautiful. This is not the kind of work you would expect to find around the corner and down a country road...maybe Madison Avenue, or in the heart of Paris....but tiny Allgerville NY? I'm honored to have such talent right here in my own back yard. twelve thumbs up to this master!

• Duetimage Photography
    Duetimage Photography Wedding Photographers

We call Barbara Kerner "Her Awesomeness" for a reason: she is exactly that, and more! Easygoing, a pleasure to work with, limitless creativity, a storehouse of knowledge about her craft. We've had the pleasure of working with her twice and feel very fortunate to have had an opportunity to photograph her unique dresses.

• 560 Old King's Highway Accord, New York, NY 12404 See on map
    By appointment. Monday-Saturday, 9-5.