Dickerson, MD 20842 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

7 Reviews for Stronghold Mansion

Danielle · Married on 05/31/2009

Stronghold Mansion is a beautiful location. The mansion and the grounds are extremely well kept and the staff was very helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend this location.

Sent on 06/25/2009

Bill and Jen · Married on 05/30/2010

Strong mansion is incredable for its location, view and natural beauty. Kris the event coordinator is very straightforward which can help a lot when you need to know the what can and can't be done at the venue. She has a lot of ties with very good vendors out there and is happy to provide you with some names and numbers for anything you may need. One thing I did not expect was for Kris to be present throughout the wedding to make sure everything went smoothly and we had everything we needed for our day. Be aware that the mansion does not provide anything except for a professional kitchen. Everything you want needs to be brought in from outside vendors so the cost for a wedding can get pricey at this location. Although it is obvious when you find out there is no air conditioning I wouldn't recomend getting your hair or makeup done at the mansion due to how hot it can get inside. If you plan right for things like the heat and having to bring in anything you need to the site the strong mansion can't be beat for an elegate outdoor wedding.

Sent on 12/14/2010
  • Nikole & Alex

Nikole & Alex · Married on 07/19/2008

Stronghold Mansion is located on Sugarloaf Mountain and is truly a beautiful setting. Chris, the manager for the Mansion rentals, was very good to work with. You might find some of their rules a bit restrictive, however the overall beauty and facility make up for any perceived inconveniences. Patsy who acts as the event coordinator was excellent and returned my calls promptly and answered my questions with lots of detail. I found her to be very helpful and she treated me as if my wedding were the only one! During the event she was there to be sure that all was going well and we were enjoying ourselves.

Please be aware that the Mansion is not air conditioned and is extremely warm on a summer evening. When we inquired about this at the time we booked our date, everyone assured us that the evenings were very comfortable with a breeze because of the location. We were even told they knew just what windows to open and not, to create the cross ventilation. While we didn't expect cool, we didn't expect to be very uncomfortable. It was difficult for me and my attendants to get dressed and ready in the "air conditioned" room - everyone was complaining and make up was running. We blew fuses a couple of times with hair dryers going, etc.

This being said, I would highly recommend this venue. The landscape and setting are simply outstanding and very difficult to find in this area. The staff at Stronghold really worked with us in every way and we had a beautiful wedding ceremony and reception. The outdoor terrace and tented area beside the pond with the fountain truly made for a beautiful evening. All of our guests are still talking about our wedding! Stronghold is truly a very special place! We look forward to visiting again and sharing our memories!

Sent on 09/29/2008