Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Spirit and Light

Without an officiant, a wedding is just a very fancy party.
                                Spirit and Light Is for a Lifetime of Memories

My standard wedding services include a pre-wedding consultation with the couple, the creation of a custom ceremony, rehearsal, keepsake ceremony booklet, and officiating at the ceremony. I keep it very affordable, to the tastes and preferences of the couple being married -- and I can be ready with minimal notice.
Each couple is unique. In addition to many young brides and grooms just starting out, I have married people in their 60s who want a quiet, dignified affair at home. I have married soldiers on their way to Iraq, and couples who already have several small children. Wedding sites range from the very formal resort or fine country club, to botanical gardens, mountainsides, ranches, and living rooms. I also assist with many of the weddings at Virginia’s House in historic Glendale (

In addition to weddings, Spirit and Light officiates at baby blessings, renewal of vows, house blessings, funerals, memorial services, and other occasions of remembrance. We are a proud charter member of the West Valley Wedding Association (

Categories: Wedding Officiant

Regions serviced: Phoenix

Follow Spirit and Light on

22 Reviews for Spirit and Light

Customized Vows (2)
Civil Union (1)

Truly amazing. So professional and personal

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Lorraine, 2/17/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jody is an amazing officiant!! I am so pleased we went with her, she has a real talent and a way with words! I was already tearing up before I even started reading my vows!!

Profile Picture Sierra, 11/11/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows

I have known Jody for many years. She is one of the kindest and most loving people I know. She is bright, funny, articulate and an excellent writer. When it came time for me to get married, I could think of no one else to officiate. We wanted to write our own vows and did not necessarily want a traditional "service." Jody spoke extremely meaningful passages and created the perfect ceremony for us, with our input. She emailed us excellent suggestions for writing our own vows and some do's and don'ts to make our special day even more so. Each ceremony is different and she prints them into a booklet. There's very little "repeat after me" and we didn't have to memorize our vows or prepare note cards. We each sent our vows directly to Jody so the other heard them for the first time at the ceremony and she kept it confidential. Jody sent the text of our ceremony to us via email (minus the vows) so we could review it and make any changes we wanted, customizing it to our desires. She also offers additional "add in" ceremonies, i.e., sand, hand binding, etc. We chose to do the sand and it was a beautiful touch. Jody is extremely easy to work with, removing much stress from a stressful day.

View Vendor Response

220x220 sq 1207775090612 joeandkrystlevallejo2
220x220 sq 1207775234455 wylinwedding12 31 07
220x220 sq 1234535538424 sarahandjason10 11 08
220x220 sq 1262103046667 20090418003rev

Jody is remarkable at really catering to each of her couples' needs. She is great at working with the budget and specific needs of each client and creates a beautiful, personalized, and engaging ceremony. Jody is "one-of-a-kind!"

Um yeah....she is goooooood!

Jody's services are top notch. All of her ceremonies are well thought out, and individulaized. She truly has a way with words. Giving the couples a nicely bound copy of the script of their ceremony is something I've never seen any other officiant do. You can rest assured that if Jody is officiating your wedding it will be classy, professional, and touching.

Jody Serey is my officiant of choice at Virginia's House. Her gentleness and sincerity is truly notable. Her services are not "canned" - they are custom written for each couple and each occasion. She truly pours her soul into everything she does. I have seen even the most critical of wedding guests go up to her afterwards and compliment her beautiful ceremonies. She will work closely with her clients to ensure they have received exactly what they want, whether it be traditional, non-traditional, religious, non-religious, sweet, spunky - she gets it done with finesse. She also has many beautiful ceremonies for joining blended families - which are some of our favorite events because they are so meaningful. The ceremony is yours and nobody elses. You don't have to worry about having "heard it all before". Expensive? Absolutely not. She truly believes that everyone deserves a wonderful ceremony, not just those with a lot of cash.

7413 West Oraibi Drive, Glendale, AZ 85308   See On Map
623-561-0240 (phone) 623-561-8441 (fax)
Usually in office during week, 8-5. Voice mail is always activated, and is checked frequently.