Rockville, MD 20850 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 14

About Spencer Bates Music

Are you looking for a Band or DJ alternative? Spencer Bates is a DC based singer/pianist/entertainer. He is available to perform solo or dueling sing-a-long/dance-a-long style receptions, performance style receptions, and ceremony and cocktail music (with or without vocals). For all dueling piano events, Spencer will book a trusted and experienced colleague to perform along with him. Instruments and equipment are provided upon request. Affordable rates are based on day of the week, time of the day, hours, set-up, and travel requirements. Performances can include guest requests and/or a pre-selected/pre-approved song list. Spencer is available to MC the entire event as well. Spencer has performed at weddings, celebrations, benefits, and corporate events for over ten years. Spencer combines musical talent and charisma to make your special day a dream come true. Spencer guarantees personalized service based on each event’s distinctive vision, needs, and desires.

Please email spencerbatesmusic@gmail.com or call 301.337.7354 for booking inquiries. Performance footage, song lists, and pricing are available upon request.

Spencer performs a regular Sunday-Tuesday sing-a-long piano bar gig at Georgetown Piano Bar in Washington, DC. He also performs regularly at Seasons 52 restaurant and piano bar, in North Bethesda, MD, Columbia, MD, and Tyson's Corner, VA. Spencer also performs at Dueling piano bars across the country including Bobby McKey's Dueling Piano Bar in National Harbor, MD, Blue Moon Dueling Piano Bar in Des Moines, and Savannah Smiles Dueling Piano Bar in Savannah, GA. At each of these venues, Spencer showcases his eclectic repertoire of over 2500 cover songs, along with comedy and crowd-interaction. If you are thinking about booking Spencer for your event, please stop by one of his shows to experience Spencer's unique performance style, to share some laughs, and to sing-a-long to your favorite covers or originals.

SpenceHeadshot
632361830390517073681830344450411627138932566234n

• Videos 2

4 Reviews for Spencer Bates Music

Ted · Married on 05/21/2016

Spencer played our wedding in May 2016 and he was amazing. We continue to gets compliments regarding his play and vocals. Our wedding was planned to be in our back yard for around 75 guests. We saw Spencer play downtown months prior and thought he would be perfect to entertain everyone while not disturbing the neighborhood. Spencer met us at our house a few weeks before the wedding to go over song lists, MC duties, and determine a setup location. We went with an 80-90’s genre and he absolutely killed it. He would of played a specific song list for us, but we just highlighted the artists that we liked with a few song requests. He played to our tastes and took requests off request cards that we had made (he was able to subtly deal with a few alcohol induced requests from some of the guests as well). We ended up having a slight rain for part of the day, so Spencer arrived early to figure out a new location indoors (stayed later too). It was a pretty formal wedding so he wore a suit and tie…he looked great. He played the Wedding March and performed the first dance without a hitch, but the best part was that he knew when to entertain and when to go low-key. Everyone had an amazing time, including us. I think Spencer liked it too. We will definitely be having Spencer play for us again.

Ted and Ellen
    Potomac, MD
    5/2016

Sent on 07/13/2016

Kimberly · Married on 10/06/2012

My husband and I really wanted live entertainment at our wedding and had our heart set on a piano bar-type feel for our reception. We loved Spencer's performances that we had seen on Youtube after googling entertainers in the DC area. It was amazingly easy to set up a time with Jaclyn, Spencer's manager, to see one of his gigs around town - at Mr. Smith's in Georgetown. Spencer was super nice to us and played my favorite Tina Turner song and my husband's favorite Ben Folds Five song. We knew he was the guy for us after it sounded better than any radio cover of our favorites ever. We knew that our guests would be transported to a true concert-type/piano bar environment. Spencer's song list is amazingly diverse as well - he does everything from classic piano bar tunes to modern songs like Mumford & Sons, Britney Spears, SNL skit songs like "I'm on a Boat," to country songs. We decided to use Spencer for the ceremony, emcee, and cocktail hour entertainment as well. He was very thorough before the wedding day about making sure he had all of the music that we wanted to hear, information for all of the introductions/speeches/first dance/dance party/dinner. He learned three new songs for our ceremony including my husband's father's favorite jazz song, my favorite Red Hot Chili Peppers Song, and a Butch Walker song. I cried before I walked down the aisle because of how beautiful his singing was before the ceremony. During the reception, he was highly professional with our friends and dealt with several last minute song requests, that weren't even on his song list. He did the Cupid Shuffle and Gangsta's Paradise by last minute request. All of our guests had nothing but raves for Spencer and one even asked me if I had switched to Elton John music because Spencer sounded so much like him. I highly recommend Spencer for any part of your wedding or reception. I recommend checking out his website and facebook page or going to see him in person.

Sent on 01/21/2013

Jon · Married on 06/18/2011

I turned to Spencer Bates to make my engagement proposal truly unforgettable. Having Spencer for a private engagement in which he played hand-selected songs couldn't have been more perfectly executed. When worrying about delivering one of the most important questions in life, one can never feel fully reassured that the "big proposal" will go off without a problem. Spencer reassured me that everything would be taken care of and without another bit of effort on my part he provided exactly what I had envisioned -- and it left my fiance speechless.

Naturally, we turned again to Spencer for our wedding entertainment/music. Everyone raved about how much fun they had with his music, and the fact he could "keep the party going" even beyond the time frame we expected from him. It was a far drive for Spencer and yet he stayed up late and everyone was so grateful for his services. He not only provided the music and entertainment but also brought the equipment and made announcements during the event. His impromptu musical additions were a great compliment to speeches and requests made by guests and he never placed himself in the way of the action but rather was able to wrap himself around it with his unparalleled musical talent.

The piano became the most popular spot for our guests at our outdoor wedding and for good reason - thank you so much Spencer.

Sent on 01/26/2013

Spencer Bates Music FAQ

• Are you an agency or a band? Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 1 - 3
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play? Blues, Classic Rock, Country, Dance, Folk, Hip Hop, Jazz, Motown, Oldies, Pop, Punk Rock, R&B / Soul, Reggae, Rock, Swing

• Rockville, 20850 See on map