Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Special Occasions DJ

Special Occasion DJ's  Company Standards

Please let me congratulate you on your upcoming wedding because it will be the biggest day of your life. I would like to offer my services to help you bring together a perfect wedding ceremony and reception.I have the knowledge and experience to make your event most enjoyable. I have been a Disc Jockey (DJ) for over twenty years and performed over hundreds of weddings and parties during that time. As a versatile DJ, I can select the right music, make announcements, and coordinate events catering to various audiences. As your emcee, I am accustomed to motivating the crowd to dance and leading line dances if requested.
Prior to booking an event, I meet with couples for an interview and help customize their personal wedding itinerary. This interview is important because I bring a lot of good ideas and suggestions to the table. Most engaged couples have ideas for their wedding, but do not realize everything that is offered to make their event successful. A customized wedding Itinerary is my special recipe used to coordinate all events with the venue staff and other vendors on your special day.

Realize the DJ can make or break the event. The DJ actually takes on the role of the wedding coordinator. Making announcements and playing specific songs must be well-timed to keep your events running smoothly. I must be aware of my surroundings at all times. For example, before I make an announcement for an event such as the toast or first dance, I must make sure the photographer is prepared for pictures or the staff has filled all glasses with champagne.

Your wedding date is about you and I make sure all attention is focused on the bride and groom. I do not try to promote myself or act like the “cheesy” DJ who can turn your event into a three ring circus. My profession is to make your event fun and most memorable with a touch of class. The stress of coordinating your wedding should not be your job. I want you to sit back, enjoy yourselves and your guests.

Categories: Wedding DJ

One Event Per Day (1)
Microphones (1)
Sound/PA System (1)
Uplighting (1)

Joe was amazing! He played our favorites and guests were able to recommend songs. He was a lot of fun and helped with keeping everything running smoothly.

Profile Picture Angela, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Joe did a great job for us. The added lights totally made our reception a lot more fun. The music was exactly what we asked for and when i switched it up and allowed for requests, they just flowed with it! They did a great job and we received compliments on our music all night long!

Profile Picture User6641783, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

I booked Joe for my wedding because of the great reviews he received on this site. Unfortunately, we were extremely disappointed in the services we received. We sent Joe a specific list of jazz songs to play at our 20's themed cocktail hour. I found out after our wedding that the DJ played the songs from his cell phone using Spotify, but he didn't pay the $10 for premium and was playing commercials during the set list. I could have easily used my own phone to play the list for free without commercials! Why would you pay a DJ to play commercials? My girlfriend ran over and insisted he use her phone and her Spotify Premium to play the songs without commercials. I'm embarrassed even thinking about it.

I heard his text message ding over the speakers during our first dance song.

We gave Joe free reign over the dance portion but specifically requested 'no cheesy wedding songs' and listed a bunch of typical wedding songs - Chicken Dance, YMCA, Shout, Macarena, Cha Cha Slide, We Are Family, etc. etc.. Joe wrote back that those were his favorite songs to play but agreed not to use them. During the reception he put on the Conga Line and we had to dance awkwardly in our small room in a circle. If this were the only issue, no problem. But combined with the rest of the problems I could not recommend Special Occasions DJ until they purchase and use professional equipment.

Profile Picture Jaime, 6/11/16, 1 Review