Brooklyn, NY 11207 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Something Blue Photography

Shinay McNeill doesn't just take pictures to capture moments, she creates those unique and certain memories that you will come to look at time and time again throughout the years. From the beginning of the morning, when you're getting your hair done, to the end of the night, having your last dance on the dance floor, Shinay works diligently to create memories in a fun and creative way.

Something Blue Photography is serious about creating high quality photography that you will love and remember. You are sure to get photographs of your wedding from every perspective.

Based out of New York City, Something Blue has had the opportunity to photograph weddings across the east coast and has also traveled extensively out of the country to Mexico, Dominican Republic, Trinidad and Tobago and Italy. Shinay never restricts herself to a certain area and finds any destination to work in an adventure.

Shinay invites you to take a look at her work, read up on her blog, and draw inspiration for your day and above all, begin to create your memories.

Follow Something Blue Photography on
k10c0989
hudson0523

19 Reviews for Something Blue Photography

Kaitlin · Married on 10/15/2016

I loved Shinay's work before I met her. My best friend, and one of my bridesmaids, used Shinay for her engagement photos, and I was blown away by the quality and beauty of her work. I was newly engaged, and hadn't yet begun my search for a photographer; the search seemed daunting, given the amount of photographers in NYC, and the prices! Yikes! I asked my friend about Shinay's prices and was shocked that I could afford such an amazing photographer.

Fast forward to Katy's wedding and as a bridesmaid, I was blown away by how NICE her photographer-Shinay-was. She was kind, considerate, and definitely not pushy. I asked Shinay immediately "are you booked on October 15, 2016? If not, you are hired."

I'm so glad I did just that. Shinay and her team are a pleasure to work with. She is responsive, honest, and an all around lovely person, who also happens to be a phenomenal photographer. Shinay shot both our engagement photos and our wedding photos; if given the opportunity I would hire her again in an instant. We received so many compliments on our engagement shoot that even after our wedding, family members continue to request copies of our engagement photos. As for our wedding, I have only seen several "sneak peaks"... and I can say wholeheartedly that she perfectly captured the day. My husband and I look like the best versions of our selves, and the happiness and joy that we shared on that day shines in every picture.

Shinay and her assistants (who I would also highly recommend) are truly gifted. I can't just say that I am "pleased" with Shinay's work, I am honored to have worked with her and will continue to sing her praises to any newly engaged couple I meet. Do yourself a favor and HIRE HER IMMEDIATELY!

Miranda · Married on 10/08/2016

Shinay was beyond perfect. I hired her for my October 1st wedding. She had kept in touch with me very well during the planning stages. When the forecast was calling for rain on our wedding day she was totally flexible and supportive while we tried to come up with plan b ideas, as the original plan was to take photos outdoors before the ceremony. Luckily the rain held out and we were able to hold the shoot outdoors as I wanted from day one. I've now seen my sneak peek shots and I'm already in love. She captured our "first look" so beautifully. My guy was afraid the whole thing would look forced and cookie cutter but from what I've seen so far, we look ourselves and comfortable. I can't wait to see the rest!

Something Blue Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 1,795.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,695.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Toning, Trash The Dress
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date, Thank You Cards

• Keka Bridal Glam
    Keka Bridal Glam Wedding Hair & Makeup

Great team to work with!!

• A Metro Wedding
    A Metro Wedding Wedding DJs

Anyone can take a picture to capture moments but it's the uniqueness,creativity and personality of a true artist that can transform these moments into lifelong memories. Shinay is a professional and an absolute pleasure to work with. I highly recommend Something Blue Photography for that personable touch.

• Brooklyn, NY 11207 See on map