12615 E. FM 1431, Marble Falls, TX 78654 Map · Phone number
Availability Check your date
  • Photos & Videos 63
  • Pricing

About Smythwick Castle & Lodge

Smythwick Castle & Lodge is located in the Hill Country just west of Austin. The Castle offers a picturesque setting for a lavish and elegant wedding day, anniversary, or special event. The European-style castle, stone fireplaces, turret and unique old world brick courtyard with an elegant fountain will add a romantic ambiance to any wedding or celebration.

The more formal Grand Hall with its Crystal Chandeliers, large stone fireplace, picture windows, and beautiful draperies lends itself to all occasions. The Castle's pristine 10 acres are filled with waterfalls, ponds, grand Oak trees, peacocks, flower gardens creates a serene weekend setting to be shared with friends and family or a romantic Wedding night.

The Old World Atmosphere makes Smythwick Castle & Lodge a setting where events are never forgotten, dreams come true and lasting memories are made!

Contact us today to reserve your wedding date at 512-917-5223 or smythwickcastle@gmail.com.

Find us on Facebook, Pinterest & Instagram

smythwick perfect place

• Videos 1

11 Reviews for Smythwick Castle & Lodge

Ronda · Married on 09/02/2017

So, we wanted a very simple, worry-free, small wedding. WE GOT IT. Laura, was amazing. She make all of the decisions, and all of the arrangements, as we asked. The Castle was as advertised, and even more beautiful in person. The cost was low, for everything she provided.....flowers, wedding officiant, photographer, catering, the grounds, and even a couple of nights stay, all in one package. It was definitely stress-free.

Smythwick Castle & Lodge 1

Samantha · Married on 09/24/2016

From the moment we found the venue online we knew we wanted to get married there. We both wanted an intimate, old world setting for our wedding and after viewing the pictures online and visiting the castle, we knew Smythwick was the venue for us.

Laura was helpful throughout our wedding planning process. She helped us figure out our menu that had dishes we could eat (we’re vegan) but would also be familiar and delicious for the most hungry guests. The food was delicious, and even the non-vegans were impressed! Nobody missed that there wasn’t meat for dinner!

The venue is beautiful. Everything looked exactly like it was out of a fairy tale. Laura had some additions to the property before the wedding which made it that much more fantastic and gorgeous such as the castle gate, a stone walkway leading to the gazebo, and beautiful artwork painted on the gazebo.

We love the pictures we got back from the lake that is right next to the property. Laura gave us a tip to take pictures at sunset there, and they came out beautifully. She worked with us on our budget and making sure that we were comfortable and had everything we needed. The only downside to the venue is that the ballroom has no air conditioning. Once we all started dancing in the ballroom area, even with the doors open and fans going, it was hot. It was late September, so we figured it would be cooler weather, but that’s so unpredictable in Texas. They should upgrade and get the ballroom air conditioned. Even though it was hot, we still danced the night away and had a great time.

We highly recommend the Smythwick Castle for anyone who is looking for an intimate, old world, “Princess Bride” atmosphere to their wedding. I was marrying my prince charming, and the Smythwick Castle was the perfect place for our fairy tale wedding to come true.

Alex · Married on 07/10/2016

My husband and I planned a Texas July summer wedding, and we found this amazing vendor! Laura was very accommodating throughout the entire planning process and the day of. When I first contacted Laura and she told me her prices, I had to tell her that was out of my price range and I would have to keep looking. She asked what my budget was and then worked very hard to figure out a way to make it work for both of us. We ended up serving appetizers instead of a full meal and it was lovely. She was also extremely willing to answer any questions we had about anything at any point throughout the planning process.

The day of our wedding was beautiful! Laura had taken the time to set flowers that matched my bouquet and my cake in little vases along the aisle. She made our wedding cake and did an AMAZING job! I still think about how wonderful it tasted! When my husband and I sat down for the toasts she made sure that both of us had food and drinks on the table and were able to eat something, without being taken away from our guests!

Also all of her food is amazing! All of my family and friends loved it, and they were satisfied even with only having appetizers!

Now the venue, it is beautiful! My husband and I loved the idea of getting married outside in an intimate setting. This was a dream come true! WE loved the feel of the castle, as well as having the ability to be away from the city. There also is a small creek that sits on the property that is beautiful for pictures. I will tell you, if you are not comfortable having an all outdoor wedding this place is not for you, because everything, EVERYTHING is outside. Even the reception area/ ball room opens up outdoors. However my husband and I loved it, and for the most part we stayed reasonable cool with all of the shade. WE especially loved that there was space for our little guests to run around and have fun during our reception. I would highly recommend this place!

Smythwick Castle & Lodge Pricing

Smythwick Castle & Lodge Price Rates

Smythwick Castle & Lodge FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 2,380.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 2,380.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 1,600.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 1,600.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, Parking, Tables
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 120
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 2
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 4
  • Describe your venue: Banquet Hall, Inn/B&B, Mansion
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, All Inclusive Packages, Bar Services, Cake, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Signature Drink
  • What event items are available? Chairs, Decor, Furniture, Tables
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Shuttle

• COMPLETE weddings + events
    COMPLETE weddings + events Wedding DJs

A truly unique Central Texas special events venue. The entire staff at Smythwick has a deep passion for the success of events and will focus in on the details that ensure wonderful memories that last a lifetime!

• Bittersweet Cakes & Catering
    Bittersweet Cakes & Catering Wedding Caterers

An amazing location for a wedding! Beautiful and unique. Great people to work with. I look forward to catering many events there.

• Smythwick Castle & Lodge
    Smythwick Castle & Lodge Mansion Weddings

A unique and beautiful venue! It is a perfect backdrop for your special day!

• 12615 E. FM 1431 Marble Falls, TX 78654 See on map