136 E 36th Street, Charlotte, NC 28206 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

About Smitten & Hooked

We're Lucy and Steven and we are smitten & hooked. Both creativity junkies, comedy buffs and nerds at heart!

I started Lucy Parker Photography in 2009 and two years later we decided to make it a joint venture, re-brand and become a husband and wife photography duo. Something we are really excited about!!!

Both born and raised in the south. And come from a household full of boys! To say we have learned a thing or two about fun would be an understatement.

Steven and I met in college in architecture club where he wsa learning how ro design houses and I was learning how to make them beautiful.

When I saw Steven for the first time, I told my best friend, "I'm going to marry that guy." Two years later, he called my bluff.

Seven years after meeting, our biggest and best designs are the two little girls we call Lilly and Ellie. They are complete opposites just like their mom and dad.

A few animals have acquired us along the way, too: Lola the precious rescue mutt, Marlon the miscevious Bassett-hound, and Puffin the blonde Angora bunny, the stinkiest and fluffiest member of the family.

Being photographers for us isn't work, it is life and something we love and are passionate about.

Follow Smitten & Hooked on

22 Reviews for Smitten & Hooked

Sherri · Married on 05/05/2018

We used Smitten and Hooked for my daughter's wedding in May. Lucy and Stephen are amazingly talented photographers! Not only that, but they are a blast to have around. They truly capture the moments both artistically and spontaneously. Working as a team, they are able to spend time with both the bride ad bridesmaids, and groom and groomsmen. A sneak peek of pictures from your bridal portrait and the big day are available quickly which is wonderful to help you to relive the moment! I can't wait to see the rest of photos!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Erika · Married on 10/13/2017

We haven't even gotten our actual photos back yet, just the bullet booth pics, but we can't wait to say amazing things about Lucy and Steven. I have seen their work with two other couples, and knew they needed to be our photographers for the big day. I fully trust the wedding photos we will get back will be stunning and will capture the most memorable moments of our day. Lucy and Steven were incredibly patient with my husband and I when we has to push back our wedding over a year, and traveled from North Carolina to Florida just to be there. They gave us the best directions, given we tend to be awkward and silly in front of a camera lens, and our love language comes across as dysfunction. They never even batted an eyelash at our offbeat sense of humor. Steven was a total gentleman helping my husband navigate around the train of my dress, finding the spots in the venue with the best air conditioning, and pulling out chairs so I could sit to change my shoes. Lucy kept me on task, made me and my mom feel relaxed, jammed in the limo with us and reminded me to quit apologizing for things outside of my control. They both totally rocked the bullet booth, and our guests are loving those photos. I wish I could spoil them as much as I feel spoiled by their warmth and presence at our wedding, and I highly recommend this duo to anyone who doesn't want cookie cutter wedding photography. They really do give you fine art photography and are worth every penny.

Sent on 10/18/2017

Lauren · Married on 05/07/2016

Lucy and Steven photographed our wedding and our engagement photos. I was looking for a specific style and they completely fit what I wanted and needed. On top of that, they are very cool people and it felt like we were just hanging out with two people we had known forever. I was very nervous on my day of and I was with Lucy for the majority of it, thank goodness! She made me feel 100 times better and totally calmed my nerves. She was so sweet to my flower girls and allowed them to "assist" her, which they adored. You will definitely get amazing pictures if you hire Lucy and Steven!

Sent on 05/12/2016

Award

• Merigo Films
    Merigo Films Wedding Videographers

These guys are CRAZY GOOD photographers. We have know Lucy for 8 years. In that time we have worked with her through many different situations in weddings that you could never plan for. She has taken them in stride and actually made every situation an opportunity to create something totally unique for that couple. Their work is excellent. The composition of each of their photos has purpose and meaning. Working with Smitten and Hooked makes us better cinematographers and gives us an exciting atmosphere to create in!!

• 136 E 36th Street Charlotte, 28206 See on map