Central FL, Mount Dora, FL 32757 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About SMD Wedding & Portrait Photography

With 8-plus years of wedding experience, SMD Wedding & Portrait Photography aims to capture & preserve your wedding day memories from make-up to reception. Serving the Orlando & Central Florida area, our goal is to capture each of your special moments....and present them to you in a way that you'll cherish forever.

Please take the time to have a look at our packages, galleries, and overall style and feel. If our style fits your needs, please let us know and we can discuss your wedding. We have sample albums and materials for you to view.

My philosophy on photographing weddings is very simple...stay behind the scenes and capture each and every special moment possible. My goal is to provide you with keepsakes such as the highest quality prints, DVD slideshows, and breathtaking albums that you will cherish for all of the years to come. My style is mainly that of a wedding-photojournalist, capturing the day as it unfolds. I also realize the importance of traditional wedding formals and will make sure to get those group shots that you need.

My job is one of the most important among all of the services you will require for your wedding. In 20 years, as you think back to your wedding day, you may not remember the name of your DJ, wedding planner, or even the photographer. The treasures you will always have, however, are your wedding photographs and/or album. This is something that you can always look back on, so you must decide now how you will want to remember the most special day of your new life.

Thanks for taking the time to look around my website. I can't wait to hear from you! - Sam D.

Follow SMD Wedding & Portrait Photography on

SMDWeddingPortraitPhotography23
SMDWeddingPortraitPhotography22

19 Reviews for SMD Wedding & Portrait Photography

Rebecca · Married on 10/05/2013

The photographs from my wedding are amazing! Wonderful quality, perfectly focused. It seemed like my photographer was everywhere he needed to be all at the same time, pretty remarkable. I'm so very thankful to have these snapshots of an awesome day to help me remember it forever.

Sarah · Married on 04/06/2013

Absolutely loved them as the photographers for my wedding! Perfect mix of professional and fun!! My pictures are amazing! Sam is so easy to work with, he is through with information before and after the wedding and willing to work with you. Sneak peaks were up the same weekend as the wedding, the rest of the pictures were released to me within a month and they are beautiful!! They captured so much of the ceremony and reception that I didn't get to see.
    I will hire SMD whenever I need pictures from now on, even if that means I have to travel to them since the did travel 2 hours to do my wedding!

Amy · Married on 05/05/2012

Sam Dickenson is a JOY to work with and we really enjoyed having him at our wedding. He was on time, responded quickly to all emails in the months leading up to our wedding, was very flexible and open to our requests and ideas about posed photos. We utilized his 2 photographer package (it was cheaper than most other photographers single photographer package!) and we felt that both photographers did a wonderful job of not distracting us or getting in our line of vision. During the ceremony I never even knew they were there. I loved Sam's willingness to give us the non-traditional photos that we wanted as well as the posed shots. His use of color and perspective were fantastic, and his website was full of different styles of photography so it was easy to show him what photo composition we were most interested in for our wedding pictures. Sam will definately be our photographer as our family grows!

SMD Wedding & Portrait Photography FAQ

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• SMD Wedding & Portrait Photography 1
    Military Discount
    Thanks for serving our country! Show your Military ID and you'll get $100 off any wedding package priced at $1000 or greater.

• Sensational Ceremonies
    Sensational Ceremonies Wedding Officiants

SMD is the best! I have worked with them on numerous occasions and they are awesome.

• Exquisite Weddings of Central Florida
    Exquisite Weddings of Central Florida Wedding Planners

Not only did Sam do my wedding a few years ago, but he has done a few of my clients' weddings. Each time the end result is beautiful and artistic. He works well with our brides and grooms and I have heard nothing but complete happiness from them when they see their pictures. Every time I work with Sam, I know it will be lots of fun and that waiting for the final product will difficult. SMD Weddings always does a fantastic job!

• Central FL Mount Dora, 32757 See on map