Shin Bu

3872 West 6th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90020 Map · Phone number

27 Reviews for Shin Bu

Eshter · Married on 07/08/2017

AMAZING!

I am so happy with Shin Bu and the dress fit beautifully. If you want your dress to fit and value comfort and beauty, there is no way you will be disappointed!

If you are looking for a dress that is different than what you can find at a regular bridal store, COME HERE FRIST, not last and save yourself the time and trouble. There are so many other decisions you need to make, this should be the easiest- just go to Shin Bu! I went to about six different places before visiting Shin Bu (Kara Wedding, Aria, Bride Boutique, can't remember the rest). Mistake! Should have gone to Shin Bu. They are so kind and sweet and will make sure that you look and feel beautiful!

You can choose two different dresses
    1. Fully customized made from scratch- designed just for you (can rent or buy)
    2. You can rent an already made dress and have it customized to fit your body and style
    I chose to rent a dress that was already made because it was less expensive. The dress I rented is the one Shelley T. posted.

The things I was looking for in a dress- Shin Bu definitely delivered
    1. sleeves - this was a must for me
    2. comfortable fit - if I am wearing something for twelve hours, comfort is important
    3. value- I wanted to spend about $1,500

Ronda · Married on 12/29/2013

Love them! I made an appointment with them and had a little idea of what I wanted in a wedding dress. The husband said okay let me give you some ideas and he started putting fabric on me and next thing I knew I had an absolutely gorgeous dress. I looooooved my dress. My husband loved my dress and so many guests complimented it. It was affordable too! I am so lucky I found this place. Oh and don't worry if you don't speak Korean because I don't and it was just fine. Love them!! Highly recommend!!

Linda · Married on 10/26/2013

Prior to going to Shin Bu, I went to several designer boutiques and was very close to purchasing one but I didn't LOVE it because of the bottom portion. My friend mentioned Shin Bu so we decided to take a trip to Ktown to check out the dresses. When we arrived, we were impressed with the quality of the dresses. You would have thought they were designer dresses but they were all made by Seo. Seo spent time with me as I showed him pictures of the two dresses I wanted, we ended up combining the top of one dress and the bottom of the other. Because of the design, my custom rental was $2500, $3500 if I wanted to keep it.They also lent me the belt I wore for no additional charge.

Things to keep in mind:
    1) The process is LONG depending on your style. I started in January and the dress was completed the week of my wedding (in October). I went about once a month and then once a week the last month. I really couldn't tell how the dress was turning out until the last two month or so. It is hard, but you have to trust them. Seo and his wife know what they are doing.
    2) Seo and his wife's English is broken English but you can still get by. BUT if you have a Korean friend, it might be helpful to have them come with you every so often. I had my friend come with me for the first appointment and then for a couple other appointments. I needed to have her ask some questions about the color and style of the dress.

Even though the process was long and the drive to K-town was long (coming from Orange County), the dress was worth every penny! I received nonstop compliments on my BEAUTIFUL dress. My now husband even said I could paid $1k more to keep it! I didn't keep it though but still in love with the dress!

• 3872 West 6th Street Los Angeles, 90020 See on map