Couture Alterations

Shawnee, KS View map Visit website

Located in Shawnee, Kansas, Couture Alterations helps engaged couples make their wedding attire feel as comfortable as possible for the big day. Owner, Sharon Ebberts, knows that each client is different, and works to give them looks that are unique and personal to them. She strives to make couples feel cared for while they’re in her studio, and ensure their ensemble fits exactly how they want.

Couture Alterations works with couples closely, to give them a secure fitting process and discuss her recommended tailoring. Sharon pays close attention to details, from linings to bustles, to give engaged duos high-quality work. Same-day turnarounds can be done for any unexpected emergencies. Earrings, hair accessories, and made-to-order veils are also available to complete soon-to-be-weds’ final appearance.

• Woman-owned

How do you price dress alterations?

By Piece
Flat Fee

Who do you provide services for?

Bride
Groomsmen
Mother of the Bride
Mother of the Groom
Ring Bearers

Which of the following services do you provide?

Alterations
Appointments Only
Cleaning
Full Customization
Preservation

Which of the following items do you offer?

Bridal Belts
Hair Accessories
Jewelry
Veils

What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?

Less than 6 months
4.1
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 10/10/2015
    I used Sharon for my alterations and for my bridesmaids' alterations and she was absolutely wonderful. You cannot beat her prices and she did a wonderful job. I was really picky about my bustle but she took the time to show me a million different options to make sure I really liked what I chose. Also, she let me come in just to try on my dress a few times when I was having second thoughts about certain things. Overall, she was awesome and I would definitely recommend!
    Amy Married on 10/22/2011
    I ordered my gown to my size and specifications, and the top was a disaster; baggy in back, and tiny tiny in front! I sew and make dresses and costumes and this was beyond me. I got lucky and picked this gal to fix my dress for me. She was creative and great at explaining what she was going to do with an incredible attention to all the little details. In two weeks, she had it done, perfectly, despite several major alterations! My bridal disaster turned into a real head-turner, fit beautifully, and was exactly what I wanted. Even better, when I bought the slip to go under it, the slip was too long; she gave free advice and tips over the phone for how to take in the skirt without making it too full. HUGE thumbs-up for this talented gal!!!!!
  • Amber
    Amber Married on 10/15/2011
    I am SO glad I chose Sharon for my alterations. She was extremely helpful throughout the entire process. She was extremely knowledgeable and explained everything to me along the way.
    Probably the thing that stands out to me the most was that she was always willling to come to me. After 2 appointments, I had unintentionally lost some weight and Sharon did additional altering at no extra charge and then drove over an hour to have the final fitting at my home since we were so close to the wedding date!
    Her bubbly personality made every appointment fun and comfortable. She was geniunely interested in my wedding and its details, even helping me chose jewelry to match the gown. Her prices were more than reasonable and the quality of work was wonderful.
    I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a quality seamstress that will treat you like you are the only bride in her life :)

11111 West 59th Terr Suite 204 Shawnee, KS, 66203

Open late and on weekends. Call for an appointment.
Location of (Couture Alterations)

Other vendors in Kansas City for your wedding