9858 26TH AVE SW, Seattle, WA 98106 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 17
  • Deals 1

About Shane Welch Photography

Photography means more to me than getting the right shot - it's a way for me to embrace my passion for storytelling and exploration. I've photographed people from all walks of life and from all around the globe. Whether they're refugees resettling into a new life or couples celebrating the beginning of their journey together, I strive to create something meaningful and memorable for each person I photograph.

As a documentary photographer, I photograph weddings naturally and candidly, allowing couples to focus on each other and their families. I take the same care and approach to each story, incorporating portraiture, landscape, and still life to preserve each moment as it unfolds. Couples often forget that I'm there, getting lost in emotion and allowing me to capture the intimate glances and authentic moments they share together and with loved ones.

Reach out. I'd love to hear just what makes your story yours and chat about how I can help you create your memories.

Cheers,

weddingwire 001

• Videos 1

16 Reviews for Shane Welch Photography

caitlin · Married on 01/01/2017

Shane is the whole package, and he delivers it effortlessly. From our very first Skype call with Shane, he was easy to talk to and collaborate with. He really listened to all of our ideas, and found the perfect place for our photos. While we were taking the pictures Shane had us laughing practically the whole time, so our time together felt more like hanging out with a friend than anything else.
    Before our shoot, Shane had previously spent a whole day scoping out the place for the most picturesque spots as well as a few extra hours the morning of our shoot. When we showed up, he already had a handful of places he thought would work well. He was also extremely flexible and encouraging of our want to take some pictures with our dog, and in our Seahawk jerseys (GO HAWKS!).
    Shane's direction while taking pictures was clear, and we never felt awkward. We received our edited pictures less than a week after our photo shoot, and were nothing short of satisfied with the results.
    Some extra notes: Shane laid down in the back of a cave and in running water "for the perfect shot!", he waited around with us for an extra 45 minutes for the hope of catching a beautiful sunset (sadly didn't happen), and he provided us with pretzels and gummy bears as we gallivanted around for 4 hours.
    Shane's passion for what he does comes through in every step of the process--from planning, taking the pictures, and editing them. To say he loves what he does would be a severe understatement. We will definitely be going to him in the future for any other professional pictures. Chance and I couldn't recommend a photographer more highly than Shane! !

Sent on 03/03/2016

Meg · Married on 10/22/2016

Shane is so talented, we are thrilled with our wedding photos! He was a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend him. He is easy-going, fun, organized, and most importantly an AMAZING photographer. Our photos are full of nature and dreamy lighting. Shane captured many important and memorable wedding day moments, we are so grateful.

Sent on 12/11/2016

PavitrA · Married on 06/18/2016

I can't even describe how amazing Shane was to work with. He is the most easy going photographer I have worked with! There was not one picture I did not like that he was worth every penny!

For our engagement pictures we ran around the city of Chicago for 2 hours and he made the whole experience so fun! He was so creative with his shots! We started in the evening and continued on until dusk and had nights me views of the city. It was great!

We were so lucky with our wedding day! The weather was absolutely amazing we couldn't have asked for a better day. Shane arrived with our videographer right on time. They just did their thing and took pics of my dress, us girls getting ready, the rings and the city views. I barely knew he was there! We got a little late start for our first look pictures and me being trying to be very much needing to be on time Shane was so cool about letting me know it's fine, don't worry we are going to take amazing pictures and just enjoy yourself! Again, he was very creative on all his shots! We took all our pics on the river walk and on the bridge downtown. There were times I felt super sick and thought I was going to pass out and I kept holding strong and he and his assistant were so amazing and kept feeding me almonds and just wanted to make sure I would be ok. They were the most patient people and wanted to make sure we were all having fun! What I loved even more was that he made a point to capture each and every one of our guests whether it was during cocktail house, dinner or dancing! That was so important to me and it meant so much to go through our pictures and to know that everyone was involved!

He was worth every penny and I am so glad we used him for our wedding! Thank you so much Shane for everything!!!

Sent on 08/25/2016

Award

Shane Welch Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,200.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Add'l Hours, Multi. Locations
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,750.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Trash The Dress
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Negatives, Prints

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Shane Welch Photography 1
    Free Engagement Session
    Free engagement session with any wedding package.

• Five Grain Events
    Five Grain Events Wedding Planners

Shane was a joy to work with! He was easy going throughout the day but made sure to capture all the important moments. He was absolutely tireless and seemed to be everywhere at all times. His turnaround for photos was amazing, too! I look forward to working with Shane many times in the future.

• 9858 26TH AVE SW Seattle, 98106 See on map