204 Kimberly Dr, Columbia, TN 38401 Map · Phone number

About Serenity Cake Designs

My name is Michael Clark and I own Serenity Cake Designs. I've been designing and building cakes since 2011 where I originally operated under the name "Baby Cakes Bakery". I decided to start baking and designing cakes after purchasing a wedding cake for my daughter's wedding in June of 2010. It was a simple cake with a cherry blossom design and not too expensive, but I just kept thinking, "I can do better than this". So I began taking a few cake decorating classes and soon was making cakes more advanced than my instructor was capable of building. I love a challenge! But what I love the most is providing my clients with impressive, beautiful works of art that not only tantalize and mesmerize them but pleases their taste buds as well. I hope you'll consider Serenity Cake Designs when planning your special event.

Follow Serenity Cake Designs on

lemonlace
wedding cake 2

6 Reviews for Serenity Cake Designs

Brooke · Married on 07/25/2015

Planning our wedding was a little stressful for me since my whole family lived in another state about 12 hours away so I was doing a lot of my wedding planning alone. To top that off, I am not from Tennessee and didn't really know anyone who did cakes or flowers, really anything wedding related. When I found Serenity Cakes, I felt really good because they were in columbia and little did I know they also knew the family I was marrying into. They all had great things to say about Michael! On top of that, Michael and his wife also go to the church we recently joined. My mind was set at ease from just all the good things everyone had to say about Michael as a person. BUT! Little did I know his cake was the best cake I've ever had! His red velvet cake (which he turned blue for us since our colors where pretty much blue and white), was to die for! I've never been a red velvet fan, but I would eat the cake over and over again if I could! For our wedding he made red velvet cupcake (turned blue) with a cream cheese icing, mocha cupcake, and a white cupcake, he also made our regular cake that had a white cake top and a german chocolate cake bottom. Michael called I believe the day or two before the wedding to go over the little details with me to make sure everything was exactly how I wanted. He also checked in with me about the timing of the cake, it was very hot on the day we got married and he wanted to make sure he got the cake to us at the perfect time so that the cake would look beautiful the whole time! And oh my! When I saw our cake, it was so gorgeous and so yummy! I cannot praise Michael enough for the amazing job he did on our cake and the wonderful service he provided! I would ask him to do our cake over again, and use him for any more of our cake needs!

Sent on 08/27/2015

laura · Married on 05/23/2015

In a very short notice, Mike came through with the weeding cake of my dreams! He did a marvelous job and the details were absolutly stunning! He also did a fantastic job on the grooms cake. It was better then i could have ever imagined. Overall, both cakes were beautiful and very delicious! I will definitely have him make every cake my family needs in the future!

Sent on 06/06/2015

nancy · Married on 05/03/2015

Having been an event coordinator and event planner for almost 12 years, I must admit to knowing quite alot about wedding and specialty cakes...I have seen and tasted cakes from the top bakers, bakers that have won national accolades. That being said...Today I experience the very best...and right in Maury County. I contacted Mike about making a very complicated specialty cake for my granddaughter's baby shower. I knew that to do this cake, fondant would be a necessity. (I have never liked the taste of fondant, but I knew of the importance in this case). I can not say enough wonderful comments about this cake...the design was flawless and was taken from a photo which I gave Mike....The cake itself was unbelievable, probably the best I have EVER had, the almond butter cream flavor was right on and in this instance the fondant was completely edible!!!! At the end of the event I had to rush to get the remaining cake into the freezer or there would be NO stopping the amount of cake that I would consume this evening. IF anyone is looking for a superior cake please take my unsolicited advice and look no further. I will never order a cake from any other bakery. If you scroll down this page you will see the cake that Mike made for us and you will see the complexity of the design. Please do not let the opportunity to order a cake from Serenity Cake Designs pass you by.

Sent on 06/05/2015

Serenity Cake Designs FAQ

• What types of desserts do you provide? Cookies, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake, Pastries
  • What services do you provide? Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Tastings - Open House, Tastings - Private
  • Are you licensed by the state health department? Not Required