311 Woodbourne Ave, Nottingham, MD 21212 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 1

About Sarandon Mara Photography

I'm Sarandon (pronounced SU-RAN-DIN). I'm an artist and photographer in Baltimore, Maryland. I have an affinity for houseplants, terrible movies, good whiskey, and dinner parties. Oh, and let's not forget that Love is Love and Black Lives Matter.

Wedding photography is a team sport that requires a client-vendor relationship built on trust, and that makes couples feel confident and empowered. I work closely with my clients and their vendor teams so they can truly enjoy their wedding and feel great in front of the camera. I believe visual storytelling is about a balance of carefully styled details, artful portraits, and thoughtfully captured real moments so that when my clients turn the pages of their wedding album they get to relive their wedding day all over again.

My degree in fine arts gave me a framework that is an important part of how I approach the visual aspect of my work. Using dynamic light to enhance an image, or composition to emphasize the power of an emotional moment helps create wedding galleries for my clients that are strikingly beautiful and honest at the same time. The client galleries I deliver are made of film-inspired images that feature rich and balanced tones, movement, and real emotion that will be loved and enjoyed long into the future.

Follow Sarandon Mara Photography on

Real Weddings 49 Photos

5 Reviews for Sarandon Mara Photography

• Carson

Carson Pursifull · Getting married on 10/30/2021

Personable, Flexible, Quality Photographer (..and totally Queer inclusive)

Sarandon did an amazing job for us! My partner was a little skeptical about our engagement session, but Sarandon quickly put his anxiety at ease. Sarandon seemed to know where to direct us for incredibly natural but beautiful photos, all the while making us laugh and feel good about the process. Let me tell you, as a gay couple, my partner and I were a little worried about heteronormative posing or expectations during the session, but it was obvious that Sarandon was well beyond that. By being very flexible with what we felt comfortable and natural doing, Sarandon still managed to arrange a variety of dynamic shots. After the shoot, we quickly (THAT NIGHT!) got some preview shots which I was in love with... Then in almost no time at all, we had a whole gallery of beautiful photos that had us totally sold. It was overall a great experience that I can easily say we would do again with Sarandon!

Sent on 05/09/2019
  • Kevin

Kevin Monk · Married on 06/14/2020

Sarandon is awesome!

Working with Sarandon for our engagement photos was amazing! She responded extremely quickly to our emails and was super open to our suggestions, both where we wanted to take the photos and what photos we wanted. Before the shoot, she gave us two helpful guides with recommendations for what to wear, and also some ideas for things to bring to the shoot, like a letter we would read to our partner. During the shoot, she asked us to do some things that helped us loosen up and laugh, like walk and swing our arms and bump hips. She made us feel great, and it shows in the photos! Best of all, the turnaround time for our photos was two weeks and they're beautiful! She gave us a gallery with ~160 edited photos, and photoshopped a few that we wanted specific edits for. We highly recommend working with Sarandon!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Victoria · Married on 09/07/2019

Phenomenal Photographer

I can't say enough good things about Sarandon. We met her at the Bohemia Bridal Expo the previous fall and I fell in love with her personality. She also made my husband (then fiance) laugh and that is quite hard to do! We scheduled our engagement shoot with her in DC (I love that she's willing to travel a bit!) and spent the day with her shooting. I cried the happiest tears when I got my engagement photos (which was SO FAST), I literally couldn't have been happier. Our wedding was just two weeks ago and she gave us sneak peeks only a day after! Her work is beautiful and for our wedding, we asked for a second shooter, which I was a bit worried about because we'd not met that person, but Sarandon has great taste and Ronni (forgive if I've misspelled the name), was the perfect compliment for everyone. Any time my husband even thought he wanted a shot, she was right there. I will recommend her highly to anyone who needs a photographer, any time! Also, she's pro-military and law enforcement - woo!! Price reflects what I spent for our wedding, not the engagement shoot, photos are of engagement and wedding!

Sent on 09/22/2019

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Sarandon Mara Photography Pricing

Sarandon Mara Photography Price Rates

Sarandon Mara Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 3050
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    2nd Shooter
    High-Res Images
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 4100
    2nd Shooter
    One Event / Day
    Albums
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Natural
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Destination / Travel
    Multi. Locations
    One Event / Day
    Second Shooter
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Digital Files
    Prints

1 Real Wedding

• 311 Woodbourne Ave Nottingham, MD, 21212 See on map
    Location of (Sarandon Mara Photography)

Sarandon Mara Photography frequently asked questions

What photography services does Sarandon Mara Photography include in the starting price?

Sarandon Mara Photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:

• 2nd Shooter
  • High-Res Images

What photography services does Sarandon Mara Photography include in their most popular wedding package?

Sarandon Mara Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:

• 2nd Shooter
  • One Event / Day
  • Albums
  • Digital Files

What photography styles does Sarandon Mara Photography offer?

Sarandon Mara Photography offers the following photography styles:

• Natural
  • Photojournalism

What photography services does Sarandon Mara Photography offer?

Sarandon Mara Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:

• Additional Hours
  • Destination / Travel
  • Liability Insurance
  • Multi. Locations
  • One Event / Day
  • Second Shooter
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does Sarandon Mara Photography offer for wedding events?

Sarandon Mara Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:

• Albums
  • Canvas
  • Digital Files
  • Prints

What percentage of users recommend Sarandon Mara Photography and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Sarandon Mara Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.