Monterey, CA 93940 Map · Phone number

About Sarah Ward Events

Hosting an event gives those closest to you an invitation to see your true style and personality. Sarah Ward Events will ensure not only that your guests will be extended the hospitality that you expect, but will also allow you to enjoy the planning process, and most importantly, the event itself.

Whether you're planning a wedding, birthday, holiday party, or even a private dinner, Sarah Ward Events will turn your vision into a beautiful reality.

Sarah Ward Events is a full service event planning company that offers unique design, planning and event coordination. With several years worth of experience as a wedding coordinator for a 4-Star hotel, Sarah Ward has learned that the keys to a successful event include organization, professionalism and an understanding disposition.

The namesake of the company, Sarah Ward, has had a long standing passion with events, specifically weddings. In her experience she has been responsible for the coordination of successful events ranging from 10 to 300 guests. It was evident after working within the hotel industry that her true talents lie with coordination and design.

She believes strongly that the hosts of a any event, big or small, should be able to enjoy their day knowing that every aspect is planned and executed to their specifications while also reflecting their personality and style.

JD532
e8cdb7dc1872bfbb 1314818736102 420
Sarah Ward Events
Bride and Groom on the Lower Terrace of the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa. Photography thanks to Mike...
Cake cutting at the Monterey Plaza Hotel. Cake designed by their fabulous pastry chef, Estelle....
Photography thanks to Mike Steelman.
Photography thanks to Mike Steelman.
Place setting with satin chocolate napkin and Godiva favors.
Place setting with satin chocolate napkin and Godiva favors.
Monterey Bay Ballroom at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa.
Monterey Bay Ballroom at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa.
Ceremony set-up on the Upper Plaza at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa.
Ceremony set-up on the Upper Plaza at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa.
Table setting

Sarah Ward Events 5
Sarah Ward Events 6
Sarah Ward Events 7

Kelly · Married on 06/10/2017

My only regret is not having Sarah helping me from the start of planning our wedding! We hired Sarah for the month and day of planning/coordinating. She went above and beyond for us, she not only completely took care of ours but also all of our guests needs. Our special day went without flaw thanks to Sarah and I would definitely recommend her to any bride feeling overwhelmed by the planning process! She’s totally worth it!

Sent on 01/08/2018
    Sarah Ward Events 15
    Sarah Ward Events 16
    Sarah Ward Events 17

Melissa · Married on 09/12/2015

From the first meeting with Sarah over coffee, to the final moments when she was letting me know that all of my belongings were packed away in my MIL's car and I was free to head to the after-party completely care-free and without my hands full, Sarah was our saving grace. As other reviews said it so well, Sarah does her job so effortlessly that you can't even tell she's working. She has a very sweet and nurturing charm that puts everyone at ease. I have a very hard time letting go of the details, and Sarah is the one person that I felt comfortable surrendering the wedding to. Her taste and style helped keep my dream design centered all the way through the end. She is professional, responsive, detail-oriented, and very results-oriented. I can't say enough. I hope to have the opportunity to recommend her a thousand times.

Sent on 09/14/2015

Christina · Married on 08/08/2015

Sarah is a gem!! My husband and I needed help planning our destination wedding in Monterey from our home in New York and are so glad we found Sarah Ward. All of her vendor recommendations were spot-on and we ended up having a dream-team of individuals that worked so well together to make our day even more special. She coordinated all details with the vendors while conveying a professional, warm and calming tone that was very helpful. I would send e-mails with many bullet points of issues or questions and she made sure to timely respond to every detail. When I suggested bad ideas out of bridal naivete, she was so patient while explaining the problems in feasibility and kindly suggesting alternatives. As a bride, wedding planning can feel very personal so it's important to have a caring professional who can support your vision, give guidance all the while being sensitive and knowledgeable. She organized a very detailed wedding weekend timeline and coordinated with all vendors on their responsibilities. As a result, the wedding day was a completely stress-free smooth operation from start to finish. I would highly recommend her to coordinate your event in Monterey/Carmel! Thank you, Sarah!

Sent on 10/26/2015

• Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • How many planners are on your team? 1

• Photograffiti by Auey Santos
    Photograffiti by Auey Santos Wedding Photographers

I always know my couples are in good hands when Sarah Ward is on board. With an impeccable work record in the luxury hotel industry, she certainly knows the ins and outs of a well-organized event. Coupled with her personal style, attention to detail and warm smile, Sarah designs each event with the client's needs in mind. She'll keep the wedding day running seamlessly. I have no hesitation in recommending Sarah Ward to your wedding dream team!

• BigTime Video Services
    BigTime Video Services Wedding Videographers

I've known Sarah since she worked at Monterey Plaza Hotel which is a major wedding venue in our market and excellent training ground. While there, she was very involved in our local wedding association, Monterey Bay Wedding and Event Professionals. Later when she started her own business, I've seen her fleurish. Her design aesthetic is very current. She's sharp with a Southern wit. Sarah offers confidence and guidance to her customers which makes a huge difference at an event. I've had opportunity to work with Sarah at weddings and I always feel that things are being taken care of and our client is happy. Bring it on. She can handle it!

• Monterey, 93940 See on map