About Sarah Ritchie, Wedding Officiant & Celebrant

Make the most important part of your wedding unforgettable
Whether your wedding is an impromptu affair or has been months, even years, in the making, I want to help you fashion a ceremony that is beyond your wildest dreams. Your perfect wedding reflects your history, philosophy, and creativity – as individuals and as a couple. Let’s craft a wonderful, meaning-filled ceremony that expresses he most significant aspect of your lives… one that recognizes the profound commitment you are making, as well as the sheer joy of the occasion.

My Ceremonies

Somehow the actual wedding ceremony is often over-shadowed by the other elements of the wedding day—dresses, flowers, food, music, venues. I work with you to bring this vitally important life ceremony front and center to the celebration. My job, working with you, is to fashion an original and unforgettable ceremony that is yours and yours alone and to deliver that ceremony to perfection.

Many couples that I work with have had limited experience with creative, personalized wedding or commitment ceremonies. Most of us are exposed to standard, “cookie cutter”weddings despite our particular religious affiliation or orientation. When I collaborate with a bride and groom, I help them think beyond their prior wedding experiences. Our planning is guided by questions including the following: What do you want to evoke with this ceremony? What makes you and your partner special? How did you find one another and fall in love? What are the religious, spiritual, and intellectual touchstones in your life? How can we honor your story, your family, your history? My hope is that you find it a fulfilling experience that will help you to honor you and your partner, to share your love for the other, and to crystallize the aspects of your life—family, traditions of faith and culture, personal history—that make you unique and have brought you to this day. And with careful, heart-felt preparation the wedding ceremony will unfold into an unforgettable experience for you and your honored guests.

How it Works

I am delighted to speak with you about the type of ceremony you have in mind. I invite you to a complimentary meeting to discuss your vision of the day. Our initial discussion helps me get to know you and vice versa, focusing on the big picture of your personal love story and preferences for the wedding. After determining your specific needs, I provide details about my fees for the service.

The heart of a celebrant led wedding is the narrative of your story. Our first project is to create that anchor for the wedding. I’ll give you a survey that will help me learn about you and your love for your partner and draft an essay of your personal story for your review. As we move through this important process, we will discuss other elements of the wedding and your desires and hopes—readings, music, and rituals or customs you wish to include (from your own tradition or others). I provide unlimited access to materials for your consideration and review, to help you think creatively about the final ceremony.

I will provide you with a complete draft of your ceremony, for edits and suggestions. I will revisit the draft completing as many revisions as are necessary to meet your approval and expectations.

Categories: Wedding Officiant

Interfaith Ceremony (1)
Jewish (1)
Orthodox Christian (1)
Buddhist (1)

I was beginning to get worried about how our ceremony might turn out after admittedly not giving it much thought until the very end. Sarah Ritchie was the Officiant for our Pop Up Wedding in NYC and I was at least comforted by her countless positive reviews on the internet. I now know why the raves are warranted. She ended up taking such fantastic care of us and creating an incredibly personal and intimate ceremony in very little time. She was such a joyful, lovely presence on our wedding day. I couldn't recommend her highly enough!

Photo of Sarah Ritchie, Wedding Officiant & Celebrant in New York, NY - Sarah blended the funny with the sacred so beautifully! <3
Profile Picture Razan, 10/21/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Non-religious

Sarah was a wonderful officiant. Both my husband and I grew up Catholic but have long since left and had no connection with the church. On top of that we both had horrible memories about long wedding services but were scared about finding the right officiant and then we found Sarah. From the first time we emailed and met she was warm and listened to what our vision was. She did a fantastic job crafting our ceremony and during afterwards I had guest coming up to me saying they had never heard such a lovely ceremony. We are so happy we met her and that she married us.

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/7/15, 7 Reviews

2 Wedding Deals & Discounts

1255221968427 dsc01104

Wedding Wire Discount!

Redeem In-Store
As a member of the Wedding Wire Community, I would be pleased to offer you a 10 percent discount on officiant services for your wedding.
#WW093fa998ee8d25e0
1255221968427 dsc01104

Wedding with a Heart

Redeem In-Store
For each wedding that I am lucky enough to officiate, I will make a contribution to a charity of the bride and groom's choosing. I believe this is a small way of giving back. I am exceedingly grateful to do this kind of work so why not share my good fortune with others? There is no better way to recognize a couple's love, than shining a light on organizations and activities that they care about. So after the wedding celebration, I will enthusiastically make a donation to the charity of their
#WWef500eb35e6d9f69

Ask me about Wedding Wire Discounts!, New York, NY   See On Map
917-282-6562 (phone)
I'm always available to help you~