Santa Rosa, CA 95403 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 11

About Sarah Marcella Photography

I love all forms of art and have considered many of them when I’ve contemplated a career;  whether it be drama, fashion, music or painting.  I never saw myself  ”climbing the corporate ladder.”   I first was inspired with photography when I had my daughter.  I was eager to capture her spirit in a photograph.  I started to branch out, trying to capture all things beautiful with a camera.

I was born in the east bay area and raised in the Washington/Seattle area.  I came back to California after meeting the love of my life.  I’ve been a resident of Santa Rosa since 2005 and the mother of two beautiful little girls.  At first I missed the beautiful rich greens of Washington, but quickly was inspired by the beauty of the Sonoma County Wine Country.

I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up.  I still don’t feel like a “grown up” and most likely never will.  I’ve always thought that vulnerability is one of the most beautiful qualities.  The subtleties of a person’s expressions, the life in a child’s eyes, the beam of their smile can all be captured like lightning in a jar in the millisecond of a camera’s click.  I have never viewed taking photos as a job, this is my passion, my art.  I feel honored when a person trusts me to let me capture their spirit, even if just for a moment.

• Zack Schomp Photography

Photos 10 Photos
Videos 1 Video

4 Reviews for Sarah Marcella Photography

Jocelyn · Married on 04/23/2016

Sarah's work is amazing! She was recommended to us for our wedding by a friend who is also a photographer, who had said that sarah was the best photographer in sonoma county. And sarah lived up to every word of that! Not only did we get our photos back in record time! ( 1 week, we were still on our honeymoon!) But they were also perfect! I was nervous that we didn't leave enough time for our husband and wife photos before the reception started, but sarah works very efficiently. She was able to manage our large families and get perfect shots of everyone. She knew what poses worked for everybody. During the reception I hardly noticed her around, but she captured every laughter and every moment perfectly! We were very impressed!

Sent on 05/22/2016

I was lucky enough to find Sarah through a Google search as I was looking for a photographer to do my engagement pictures (and then hopefully wedding ones). We met up and did a consultation and I instantly had a liking toward Sarah! She is so easy to converse with, and is very attentive when you are describing what you want out of the shoot.

My engagement pictures were taken at the Point Reyes shipwreck in September 2015. I could not have been happier with them! Sarah showed up ready with some poses of her own and gave us the opportunity to suggest anything we wanted to try. She has a very talented eye for backgrounds. We did the photo shoot and received the pictures within a couple weeks!

After being so pleased with Sarah's work on our engagement pictures, we couldn't resist asking her to photograph our wedding. Sarah and her assistant (Krista) were able to work our March 2016 wedding. She even did a blog posting about our wedding, which served to make us SUPER excited to get all of our pictures back! ( Blog link: sarahmarcella.com/sonoma… )

To summarize, Sarah is worth EVERY PENNY!!! As our family grows over time, my husband and I will definitely being calling up Sarah to get some family portraits done up.

Sent on 05/11/2016

Megan · Married on 02/28/2015

My husband and I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful wedding photographer! Sarah is so incredibly kind and talented and we couldn't be more grateful for all of her time and energy. Sarah and her assistant did a wonderful job of capturing all of our special moments, as well as numerous memorable candids. Sarah made all of our guests feel at ease in front of the camera with her wonderful personality and remarkable skills. My husband and I are usually on the shy side, but she was able to capture several romantic shots that I absolutely adore.

I cannot recommend Sarah enough. We are blown away by the photos she presented us with, not to mention only a week or so after our wedding.

Sarah is kind, talented, professional, and an absolute joy to work with. We are forever grateful for the memories she captured for us on our special day.

We will definitely be contacting Sarah in the future for our photography needs and will continue recommending her to others.

Sent on 03/19/2015

Sarah Marcella Photography FAQ

• What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
    Traditional
  • What photography services do you offer?
    High-Res Images
    Slideshow
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Digital Files
    Proofs

• Belle Journée Wedding & Event Design Wedding Planners

Sarah is amazing! She really captures the moment in such a way that you can feel the emotion through her photos. She is so easy to work with and is very knowledgeable at what she does. I can't wait to have another opportunity to work with such a talented person.

• Santa Rosa, 95403 See on map
    Location of (Sarah Marcella Photography)

Sarah Marcella Photography frequently asked questions

What photography styles does Sarah Marcella Photography offer?

Sarah Marcella Photography offers the following photography styles:

• Photojournalism
  • Contemporary
  • Traditional

What photography services does Sarah Marcella Photography offer?

Sarah Marcella Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:

• High-Res Images
  • Slideshow

What photography materials does Sarah Marcella Photography offer for wedding events?

Sarah Marcella Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:

• Proofs
  • Digital Files

What percentage of users recommend Sarah Marcella Photography and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Sarah Marcella Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.