The Grapevine Arbor’s beautiful Spanish-style architecture and lush garden provide the perfect setting for weddings, receptions, or that very special event. Planted in 1861, the famous Grapevine Arbor gives this picturesque locale its name.
Guests often combine the nearby Padillo Room, Grapevine Room, and Grapevine Park to accommodate the elegance, privacy, and size required for their gathering.
To check availability or to obtain more information about facility rentals send a Reservation Request, or contact Community Services at (626) 308-2875.
Other couples have also viewed:
3 Reviews for San Gabriel Grapevine Arbor
Recommended by 83% of couples
Melissa · Married on 06/12/2016
We had our wedding ceremony and reception here, and it was perfect. This is *not* a full-service wedding venue; it's fairly budget-friendly, so don't expect all the bells and whistles of an all-inclusive venue. However, it does come with a fair amount of "perks":Sent on 07/27/2016
- tables and chairs (the plain white plastic kind) included, venue staff will set them up for you
- Clean, adequate restrooms (nothing fancy, but decent), potential kitchen access
- free nearby parking ***(see my caveat below)
- you can choose to rent just the outside, or add either of the two buildings and/or the kitchen. We didn't rent the buildings but they still let us use them for getting ready and storing the wedding party's belongings
- the best part: beautiful setting with tons of character!
- Strict cutoff times (we did ours on a Sunday and had to be 100% cleaned up and gone by 10:00 p.m.; I think it might be midnight on a Friday/Saturday)
- Only allowed to serve beer, wine, champagne, and one signature drink, and there are limits as to the amount you can serve. I was worried it wouldn't be enough, but we had alcohol left over. Depending on how hard your group likes to party, it may be an issue.
- You will need to hire security guards and there is a fee for someone from the venue to be there during your event. This isn't unusual, but they're kind of hidden costs that people should know going in.
- The biggest caveat of all: This venue is directly connected to the San Gabriel Mission Playhouse, and if there is an event taking place in the playhouse at the same time as your wedding, the parking lot will *not* be free. You also will not be able to play amplified music (i.e. a DJ) outside. If you are doing your reception in one of the rooms, you should be ok. We booked on Sunday hoping to avoid this, but it happened to us anyway. Wasn't too big a deal because their event ended before our reception music started, but it was a bit of a headache.
Rowena · Married on 03/29/2014
Great location for a wedding. They allowed us to drop of our decorations the day before. We were able to do wedding rehearsals the day before and they the staff was very helpful. A+++Sent on 04/17/2014
Gabriella · Married on 06/25/2016
The Grapevine Arbor is a very beautiful setting with lots of character! However, do your homework and look out for all of the hidden costs and rules that come with this venue before you actually sign and book the space. This is not a full service venue and so you will need to bring in all your vendors and extras to make this space come alive. Most importantly, communication with city employees for this venue was very difficult. At times, a call back would take more than a couple days. Good luck!Sent on 08/15/2016
San Gabriel Grapevine Arbor Price Rates