408 N. Warren St, Watertown, WI 53098 Map · Phone number

About Samantha Joy | Photographer

My | Bio

Hi! I'm Samantha Joy. I'm a mom, an athlete, an artist (although if you'd ask me to draw anything other than a stick figure I'd fail miserably, that's where my camera comes into play!) I have been interested in photography as long as I can remember, but a trip over to Italy in 2007, really got my wheels turning again, and I dove head first back into photography. Weddings and Newborns have always been my passion, so here I am today! My mother always told me to do what I loved, and that would make me happy, and boy was she ever right…. She's always right though… ugh! Lol!!

My | Style:

I've had 'my style' described in the following ways: Fun, Spunky, Eclectic, Original, Beautiful, and Breathtaking. My goal when I'm behind the camera isn't to just take your picture or capture your wedding. My job is to capture the feelings / emotions of the day. I'm a fan of bright/vibrant colors and unconventional 'props'. At my last wedding the bride brought an old wrought iron bed, and we put it out in a field to do some photos, and this is not out of the 'norm' for me.

Your wedding photos should be special and unique to you. No one wants the same photo on their mantle for the next 20 years that looks just the same as the one on the mantle every house on your street. I create images that while special and unique to you are timeless and you will be able to cherish forever.

My | Philosophy

My clients are my number one priority. I find that on the wedding day I usually become something of a wedding 'planner' helping to make sure everything is getting done where and when it needs to be so that everything goes off with as few hiccups as possible. I often end up great friends with my clients and I cherish these relationships. My motto is to treat everyone the way that they want to be treated, not necessarily the way that I want to be treated, because everyone is different and unique and I wouldn't want the world any other way.

Till next time,

L709
aanika1

5 Reviews for Samantha Joy | Photographer

Karen · Married on 05/15/2010

Samantha was a referral from a good friend of ours, she also did their wedding. From the moment that we meet, I knew she had to be our photographer. She always had a way of putting me at ease about everything to do with our wedding, not just the photography.
    On our wedding day things went so smoothly, thanks in a huge part to Samantha. She helped us deal with an unruly wedding planner and DJ who had their own ideas of how our day should go.
    The photos that Samantha created from our day are nothing less than spectacular! I've had so many friends ask for her information and I'm always happy to pass it along!

Sent on 06/20/2011

Anne · Married on 09/05/2010

3.5

Samantha was an absolute blast to work with! She has such passion for photography and does a great job of capturing the moment. My now-husband is a little shy in front of the camera and Samantha was able to draw him out and get him comfortable with pictures during our engagement shoot. By the time the wedding rolled around he was a pro!
    We received so many complements on our save-the-date postcards that Samantha designed for us. She also created our guest autograph book using our engagement pictures. It is so fun to page back through that book to read the notes from our families and friends while looking at the pictures from our engagement shoot. We also got our wedding photo album printed through her vendor – it is another of Samantha’s creations. I probably ordered way too many pictures that we didn’t have put in the printed album, though. We are thrilled to have such a great book to remember our wedding day!
    Choosing Samantha as our photographer was one of the easiest vendor decisions we made for our wedding. Overall we were very happy with the quality and cost of her work. She was easy to work with and extremely accommodating. We would certainly be happy to work with her again in the future!

Sent on 07/25/2011
  • User2820050 · 2+ years ago

2.4
      0.5
      2.0
      1.0

Samantha is rather unresponsive to emails and hard to get in touch with. Prints and digital copies are very pricey!!!!

Sent on 11/30/2012

Samantha Joy | Photographer FAQ

• What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Custom Graphics
    High-Res Images
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Digital Files
    Flush Mount
    Matted Prints

• 408 N. Warren St Watertown, 53098 See on map
    Location of (Samantha Joy | Photographer)