1646 Westbrook Drive, Dayton, OH 45434 Map · Phone number

About Samantha Joy Events

Located in Dayton, Ohio, Samantha Joy Events is a wedding planning service for the Cincinnati area, providing seamlessly planned occasions so couples can truly enjoy their special day. Samantha wants to bring couples’ vision to life for their wedding day, no matter the size of the budget.

Samantha Joy Events offers services for all aspects of weddings, including the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception. She has experience with various kinds of unions, such as civil, cultural, eco-friendly, military, non-religious, and religious ceremonies. She can also help plan both destination and double weddings. Couples can receive full-service planning or less involved assistance with partial planning or day-of coordination. Samantha assists with event design, budget analysis, guest list creation, timelines, to-do lists, and referrals. With Samantha Joy Events, couples will enjoy all of the planning they do for their big day.

Follow Samantha Joy Events on

Samantha Joy Events 5
Samantha Joy Events 6

Vanessa Valigosky · Getting married on 08/07/2020

Wonderful Experience with Samantha Joy Events

We worked with Samantha Joy Events for our wedding this past July. Being that we're both University of Dayton alumni, our ceremony was at the UD Chapel and we had our reception at The Steam Plant. To add to all of this, we live in Des Moines, IA. In comes Samantha Joy Events to save the day! We hired SJE a year before our event for the partial planning and design package so that we could get the inside scoop on all the best vendors in the Greater Dayton Area.

Before we started working with SJE, we spent so much time trying to figure out which vendors amongst hundreds would best fit our needs. Luckily, getting the design package allowed SJE to get a better idea of what style we wanted and then they would provide us with 2-3 vendors for that part of the event. We cannot tell you how many headaches this saved us. Not to mention that neither of us are really good at putting the whole picture together, and SJE's design board helped us get a visual for what we wanted our wedding day to look like.

In addition, working with SJE took so much stress of our shoulders in the months and days leading up to our wedding. SJE's production and event timeline document was super extensive and allowed us to not worry about when this vendor or that vendor is arriving on our wedding day. This was something that we could share with our wedding party to quickly let everyone know where they should be and when.

The day of the event was just another reminder of how wonderful SJE is with event planning. The way we felt and how little stress we felt more than met our expectations. We were totally engrossed in every moment of our day and didn't have a worry in the world besides enjoying each other's company on our special day.

We loved working with the SJE team. Throughout the entire process, Samantha was the absolute perfect balance of friendly and professional. She guided us with every aspect of the wedding and we felt a great connection and friendship growing alongside. All of the services provided were priceless and we'd do the partial planning and design  again (or more) in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Mallory · Married on 09/14/2018

Mallory M.

In the beginning I had no desire to hire a wedding planner, but boy was I SO glad that I did! I honestly don’t know how brides get through all of the wedding planning and especially the month-of/day-of coordination without their own Samantha! Choosing the partial-planning package option allowed for me to take the reigns and still be present during the planning process, while Samantha helped to get all of the logistics squared away and stepped in when my indecisiveness got the best of me to ensure that my romantic, dusty blue dream wedding came to life! From providing decor suggestions to creating the timeline of the ceremony, reception events, and rehearsal, etc. Samantha’s attention to detail and her talent for design and styling is just impeccable!
    Samantha was with me every step of the way through the wedding planning process: From narrowing down design elements including linen and stationary selections (she even customized reception menus for each place setting!) and floor plans to the dreaded seating charts and table assignments, she also helped to handle issues that popped up with my venue just one month before my big day. Trust me ladies, you’ll want Samantha in your corner to get things done the right way, the first time!
    Having her at the venue the day of the wedding allowed me to just relax while getting ready and enjoy the day with my bridesmaids, while she took care of literally EVERYTHING: Decor setup, minor hiccups (which there weren’t any besides one that I was made aware of, all thanks to Samantha’s premeditations), vendor coordination, etc. This girl also literally sat on the floor at my feet to hide behind the head table just to sew my broken bustle (which I had no idea whatsoever) back in place following the first dance and while salads were served at the reception! 😂 Seriously, what would I have done without her?!
    My wedding day was seriously PERFECT and it was with great thanks to Samantha’s amazing work and day-of execution!
    And don’t let Samantha’s “get it done” attitude and skilled determination scare you! Samantha isn’t just another one of those strictly business vendors that consider you as just a client; Samantha’s bubbly and personable demeanor makes you feel more like you’re just planning your dream wedding with one of your life-long girlfriends!
    BRIDES! Would you rather be running around and stressing to the max to finish up last minute details the day of your wedding or sipping on mimosas, relaxing with your bridesmaids while being pampered in preparation to marry the love of your life? Do yourself a favor and hire Samantha Joy Events to help put your mind at ease so you can enjoy your wedding planning process every step of the way! Let SJE handle all of the “dirty work” while you create memories that will last a lifetime! ❤️

Sent on 10/15/2018
    Samantha Joy Events 7
    Samantha Joy Events 8
    Samantha Joy Events 9

Joe · Married on 08/24/2018

We are very happy with our choice to work with Samantha as our wedding coordinator. Our wedding was held at Canyon Run Ranch in Pleasant Hill, Ohio, however we were living in Chicago. Luckily, Samantha travels to Chicago often so we were able to have in person meetings which are so much better than just phone calls!

Samantha is extremely organized (hooray for one email thread) and made sure to ask questions and bring things to our attention that we had never considered. Planning a wedding can be tiring and you can get "decision fatigue." Samantha made sure to keep our timeline on track when we would have preferred to procrastinate. On the actual day we received multiple comments from the wedding party and guests at how helpful she is and how hard she was working to make sure our day went smoothly.

There was one miscommunication with the caterers. We were under the impression that they would be staying to clean up, but they ended up leaving earlier than expected. Samantha jumped in and made sure those unexpected loose ends were tied up before we left. Aside from being organized and timely, she also helped pull together our vague design idea for the wedding. From a calligraphy welcome sign to a beautiful escort card display to our modified guest book, she really pulled the whole thing together wonderfully. We would definitely recommend anyone to work with Samantha and we will miss working with her ourselves!

Sent on 09/21/2018

Award

Samantha Joy Events FAQ

• Do you offer an hourly rate? Yes
  • How many planners are on your team? 1

• Terry James Photography
    Terry James Photography Wedding Photographers

We capture an average of 15 Indian Weddings a year and this was our first time working with Samantha. She was very professional from our first interaction and exceeded our expectations the day of. She made sure everything run smoothly and on time. She communicated with us throughout the whole event. I highly recommend Samantha Joy Events to any bride that would love to have a stress free happiest day of their life. She will make sure your wedding vision become a reality. Looking forward to working with her in the future.

• Laura Katie Photography
    Laura Katie Photography Wedding Photographers

Samantha is AMAZING. She is organized and able to pull off small celebrations, as well as large events. She is creative and will help you along in the planning process, ensuring your day feels like the best version of you. (And that it's beautiful, too!) Each time I work with her, I am thrilled because I know 1) the event will be gorgeous and 2) that the day will run smoothly. I'd have her at every wedding if I could!

• Rev. John & Deb O'Dell
    Rev. John & Deb O'Dell Wedding Officiants

We were so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with Samantha with Samantha Joy Events-. Samantha and her team were extremely professional and provided quality customer service and made sure the couple was taken care of. She is known for her professionalism by other vendors and is a joy to work with! She has a great team. We have already recommended Samantha Joy Events to our couples! Rev. Deb

• 1646 Westbrook Drive Dayton, OH, 45434 See on map