2232 Echo Park Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90026 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 17
  • Deals 2

About Sam Graham Trio

NEWS: as of April 2013, the Sam Graham Trio has been named one of the five best wedding bands in LA by CBS Los Angeles (http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/top-lists/best-wedding-bands-in-los-angeles/). We are proud and delighted to received this honor.

The Sam Graham Trio (Sam Graham, guitar-vocal; Ralf Balzer, drums; Jon Mohr, bass) was formed in 2002. Since then, the group has performed hundreds of gigs, from the hilltops of Los Angeles (The Getty Center) to the basements of New York (the Jazz Lounge at CBGB’s), from restaurants and bars to concerts, private parties, many weddings, and numerous other events. While the group draws on an extensive repertoire of vocal and instrumental jazz standards immortalized by Sinatra, Miles Davis, Nat "King" Cole, Wes Montgomery, and many more, they also explore their roots in pop and rock music with innovative adaptations of songs by the Beatles, Nirvana, Metallica, the Doors, Neil Young, Tom Petty, and others. All in all, it adds up to a singular style: Jazz for Moderns.

Note: We are also available as a duo, featuring guitar-vocal and bass, or guitar-vocal and piano! Sam also performs solo for many events.

What do our clients think of our services? There are several reviews of the Trio posted here at WeddingWire. To see many others, please click here!

If you're interested in booking the Sam Graham Trio, or simply would like more information, please contact Sam at 323-667-2671, or by email at sgraham@earthlink.net.

IMAGE184
wohlstadter 435 crop

• Videos 2

15 Reviews for Sam Graham Trio

Anna · Married on 10/10/2015

We hired Sam Graham Trio to play live music at our wedding. They played 3 unique songs of our choice for our ceremony walk-in, walk-out, and first dance. Initially as a duo, and then adding drummer for reception. Great live covers of Jazz and other contemporary music. We are very happy with their performance at our wedding, thank you Sam!

Sent on 11/08/2015

Erin · Married on 11/10/2013

Sam and his trio helped make our wedding an event we will remember and cherish with great joy! The band learned two very meaningful songs for us in completely different genres (Neil Diamond's "Forever in Blue Jeans" and Irving Berlin's "Always") and it was so much fun to hear them live at the wedding. The band was great at feeling out the crowd and playing the "right" next song to keep people up and dancing. The band's sound was great and much bigger than we imagined a trio could be. Our wedding guests kept commenting on how great the band was. The band was also very flexible and accommodating including staying later than we had originally asked them too for a very reasonable fee. I highly recommend Sam and his band for your next event!

Sent on 11/16/2013

jack · Married on 09/08/2013

Hiring Sam Graham Trio was probably one of my best decisions for my wedding in Sep 2013. They were absolutely professional, talented musicians who have lots of experience working at wedding ceremonies.

Sam took his personal time on week day nights and weekends to go over my wedding time line with me, and understood my song requests and tailored his performance for my guests. He played Canon in D for the ceremony and "I want to hold your hand" for recessional. It was great. For the rest of the night, it was mostly Beatles and smooth jazz genre. Everyone loved the music and I didn't even have to rush my guest to dance floor!

Before the wedding I was debating between DJ music or live band. I am very glad that I hired Sam's band. Sam's music brings a special vibe to the wedding. The music was enjoyable but not over the top. The songs matched perfectly to the rustic theme of my wedding. Thank you Sam for making my wedding day an unforgettable experience. I highly recommend Sam Graham trio!

Sent on 09/15/2013

Award

Sam Graham Trio FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the price? Ceremony Music, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sound/PA System
  • Are you an agency or a band? Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 1 - 3
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play? Blues, Jazz, Latin, Rock, Swing
  • What music services do you provide? Instrumentals, Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learning New Songs, Reception Music, Music During Breaks, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Vocals, Willing to Travel
  • What items are available? Sound/PA System

2 Wedding Deals & Discounts

• Sam Graham Trio 1
    Want to hear a special song? We'll learn it!
    Many couples have a special song or two that they'd like to hear at their wedding ceremony or reception. We would normally add a fee for learning songs that are not already in our repertoire, but if you book the Sam Graham Trio through Wedding Wire, we'll happily prepare two songs at no extra charge.
  • Sam Graham Trio 2
    Free CDs for prospective clients!
    We have recorded dozens of songs, both vocal and instrumental, in a variety of formats: predominantly jazz trio (guitar, bass and drums, with vocal) and jazz duo (guitar and bass or guitar and piano, with vocal), but also larger ensembles (with percussion, keyboard, horn, etc.). Samples of some of these can be found on our website, www.samgrahamtrio.com. Based on these and other recordings (I'll provide a full list), I will make up a CD with up to 8 songs; you can chose your own selection, or else I'll customize one that will be to your liking.

• DesignBands.com
    DesignBands.com Wedding Jewelers

Thank you, for choosing www.DesignBands.com as your source for quality Designer Wedding Bands. We are honored and always look forward to working with you. Please contact us if you should have any questions regarding our fine line of Wedding Band products and services... Sincerely, www.DesignBands.com 1-800-706-1106

• 2232 Echo Park Avenue Los Angeles, 90026 See on map