Hi, We’re Sadie & Kyle and we’ve photographed weddings together since 2012. Kyle has been a professional photographer since 2005, shooting his first solo wedding in 2007.
Kyle was originally a photojournalist before moving into weddings. When we began dating, we quickly found we shared a love for taking photos together. Whether we were photographing each other or other people, all our favorite memories included cameras. Kyle taught Sadie all this tricks and tricks in shooting and editing, and over the years our styles became so similar, it’s hard to tell who took what photos. We confuse ourselves sometimes.
Our approach is to find the photos in the moment and we prefer that to fabricating them. Our portraits are natural, candid images. While we will pose couples, we try to then allow their personalities to take over. In our work, you will see classic portraits of two people in love.
Our perfect ceremony is a simple one, full of love and tears and shared with your closest family & friends. Our perfect portrait session is one with plenty of time to walk, talk and photograph our new friends without barriers. Our perfecet reception is one where everyone gets a little crazy.
If that sounds cool to you, let's get together sometime soon and get to know each other better!
Quick bits about us:
- We have a son, born in 2015 and a daughter, born in 2018. They're super cute and keep us really busy!
- Kyle started his photography career in Southwest Florida before we moved to Charlotte, NC in 2016.
- Kyle started off as a photojournalist and has photographed a milieu of things including breaking news, theater & dance, NFL, commercial assignments and real estate. He is very well-rounded in photography and has put in his 10,000 hours!
- Kyle's bachelor's degree is in anthropology with a focus in archaeology. I have a side project called Preserving Spaces where I create 3d tours and scans of historic sites and interview people on our podcast.
- Kyle is also a licensed real estate agents.
- Sadie also sews, crochets, draws, paints and loves all kinds of crafting.
- Sadie learned photography in 2011 when she met Kyle.
- The " wedding industry" was always a turn off for us. We never really felt like we fit into an industry, and we still feel like photography is much more than a bunch of buzzwords and reused concepts.
- Our own wedding was steampunk themed and held in a leaky barn in PA.
We'd be a good fit if:
- You're a creative and fun couple.
- You're building your own special day full of meaning and love.
- You love candid, classic, natural-feeling photos over heavily posed and staged.
- You see the good in everyone and love life.
We the Voyagers was formally known as Kyle Scharf Photography
Recommended by 100% of couples
User1420966 · 2+ years ago
Kyle Scharf is an amazing photographer. Everyone was so impressed with his attentiveness and attention to detail. Kyle has an artful eye and will go to great lengths to get an amazing shot. Our wedding and engagement photos never looked stiff or forced because you feel so comfortable shooting with Kyle. He gets to know your style and works with you as a couple. He uses the environment around him to get some truly beautiful shots. We adore our wedding photos and my friends and family were equally impressed. We absolutely recommend him for all your photography needs.Sent on 03/26/2012
Sean · Married on 05/07/2016
Sadie and Kyle were amazing! They paid such close attention to detail and captured some incredible images of our wedding. They were also very accommodating of our timeline, which I'm sure was challenging because it only allowed for about 30 minutes of photographs after the wedding! Nevertheless, Kyle and Sadie made sure to get the portraits we needed in that short time, and then proceeded to take the most amazing party pics at our reception! We absolutely loved working with them, and if we ever need a photographer down in the Captiva area again, we will definitely be calling them!Sent on 05/30/2016
Allison · Married on 03/07/2015
Both Sadie and Kyle are absolutely wonderful. We found them at a bridal show in Fort Myers. We did an engagement shoot with them and we knew from then on we could count on them being awesome the day of the wedding. Well, we were right Kyle and his wife Sadie arrived to our venue early which worked out perfect, they were helpful in keeping everything on schedule and upbeat. They shot every aspect of our wedding and none of them are cheesy images that a lot of photographers do. They are very natural and not the typical poses that most photographers have you do. They were amazing with working with our guests and us, any picture that we needed or wanted taken they were right there to do it. They captured the day perfectly, all the smiles, all the tears, all the laughs, and even the cake smashing. They were very personal and acted professional but not boring and stiff! Which was a must for us. We can never thank them enough for the beautiful work they did for us! We will have these memories and photographers to show future generations. They are more than worth the money that you spend on them! Pictures really are worth a thousand words. XOXO Mr. and Mrs. NorrisSent on 03/27/2015
Sadie and Kyle (Husband and Wife Team)Are not only AMAZING photographers, they have this uncanny ability to make you feel like you have known them for years...which is so important to our Brides and Grooms.
Awesome Photographer! Creative, professional...just an overall great photographer for your wedding or event!
Kyle's a great wedding photographer in the Naples/Port Charlotte area, with a real eye for photojournalistic coverage. Great to work with - highly recommended!