321 Newark Street, Hoboken, NJ 07030 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 9

About Rum Runners Jazz

The Rum Runners Jazz Trio delights audiences with their assured swing, sparkling virtuosity, and fine-tuned arrangements. The group’s lineup of piano, guitar, and bass is reminiscent of the great trios led by Nat “King” Cole and Oscar Peterson in the 1940?s and 1950?s. Although they take the Great American Songbook as the core of their repertoire, the Rum Runners also perform bossa novas, traditional songs, and pop standards.

e40885cbed23d49a 1521829771 01c290e58c5fcf01 1521829768061 1 wgya3w4y
VibesTrio1

• Videos 1

6 Reviews for Rum Runners Jazz

Michelle · Married on 08/25/2016

Adam and Rum Runners Jazz are by far one of the best companies for your musical needs! I was a wedding planner turned bride in 2016 and after working with Adam many times I knew there was nobody else I would hire but him for my ceremony! My fiance and I were very non-traditional when it came to the ceremony outline and music selections for the processional but I knew Adam and his team could handle just about anything - I hired him for a couple of mine once that walked down to the Game Of Thrones theme song and recessed with Indiana Jones! Beyond being super talented, Adam is just overall very easy to work with and very knowledgable in his field. From the countless weddings we've worked together, to my own day, him and anyone from his team are always on time, extremely professional, always appropriately and well dressed, poised and completely prepared! Thank you Adam times a million!!! You are THE BEST!!!

Sent on 01/19/2017

Pattiejean · Married on 11/02/2014

At first I wasn't sure if we wanted/needed live music for our small intimate wedding, that was being held at a friend's restaurant. I actually had no idea of the cost either. Once I spoke to Adam, I didn't even compare other musicians. His pleasant, professional, easy nature was exactly what we wanted for our wedding. We listened to his recordings and instantly realized how talented he is. Once we decided on a duo, he coordinated with another very talented musician. They sounded fantastic together. The guests all commented on how perfect the music was. Adam planned every detail perfectly, and yet, at the wedding he was able to go with the flow. Every email and phone call was answered within a day. In addition to the lovely feel the duo gave the wedding, and the absolute pleasure it was to listen to them play, I would recommend Adam because he moved the wedding along. It was low key, but he made important announcements through the wedding. When my husband unexpectedly, asked them to play a song for us to dance to, they made it seem as if it was planned all along. We had people ages 13 - 80 who commented on how amazing the music was. Some of the people, who complimented this duo, are musicians themselves. We were pleasantly surprised at the price, because they are extremely talented and professional. Although we weren't sure if we should hire musicians, now we can't imagine our wedding without them!!!!

Sent on 11/28/2014

Nida · Married on 10/25/2014

We were referred to Rum Runners Jazz by our officiant and we couldn't have been happier. We didn't want traditional/classical music for our ceremony and Adam worked with us to come up with a great selection for our ceremony. We had a violin and guitar duet; they played light jazz prior to the ceremony and then transitioned to more contemporary music for the ceremony itself. We played "Open Arms" by Journey for the processional, "Hysteric" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs for the bride's entrance and "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey for the recessional. Yes, that's a lot of Journey, but the songs were all quite beautiful in an instrumental guitar/violin duet and we absolutely loved it. We would strongly recommend Rum Runners Jazz to other couples.

Sent on 11/29/2014

Rum Runners Jazz FAQ

• Are you an agency or a band? Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 1 - 3
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play? Acoustic, Big Band, Jazz, Latin, Swing
  • What music services do you provide? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learning New Songs, Music During Breaks, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Liability Insurance, Willing to Travel
  • What items are available? Microphones, Sound/PA System