221 Greenville St NW, Aiken, SC 29801 Map · Phone number
Guest capacity 2 to 1,000
Availability Check your date
  • Pricing

About Rose Hill Estate

Visit Rose Hill to experience the charm of Aiken's most originally preserved "Winter Colony" estate. This downtown property encompasses a city block, yet the ambience is intimate and timelessly elegant. Rose Hill is a regional treasure located on the highest elevation of the original Aiken plateau just two blocks from the downtown main street (Laurens Street). It is the first property in Aiken listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and is where the Garden Club of South Carolina began 75 years ago. The architecture and maturity of the gardens are unique in the region. From 1898-1984 the 10,000 sq.ft. high-fashioned Shingle-Style Dutch Colonial was the winter home of one of America's first families: Phelps.

Now you can relax overnight, walk the gardens at leisure, unwind in the Sheffield Clubroom Bar, sit on the garden terrace, dine in the acclaimed Stables Restaurant, and be spoiled with a lavish breakfast with the same graciousness of a bygone era. Together the historical feel, positive energy, impressive gardens and numerous indoor and outdoor locations make Rose Hill a fabulous destination and the ideal location for an overnight accommodations, memorable dinner party, meetings, reunions, fundraisers, weddings, and receptions.

Follow Rose Hill Estate on

jessica sig

3 Reviews for Rose Hill Estate

• Tweety and chirp

Viridiana · Married on 03/11/2017

I do not really know where to begin with this review. I just want to tell in the bride or groom that Rose Hill was State in Aiken South Carolina was outstanding because of Kena Black General Manager and Christopher Smith the outstanding Chef. I want to say that my mother-in-law, Heidemarie Gentryswift and father in law Matthew Armstrong made this possible. When I told my in-laws that they could plan my wedding oh my goodness I was so shocked at the beautiful place they had chosen at Rose Hill the state and the flowers and reception and the food made my wedding The best of the century. Heidi Marie and Matthew worked with The staff at Rose Hill estate to make everything run so smoothly and kept everything a surprise for my wedding night. The music that play with the classical cello and piano by Jewel and her sister was so beautiful throughout dinner and our first dance . Our wedding in the Chapel was small and intimate and perfect and our officiant was Tamra Smith and she did an outstanding job with our rehearsal and our service. My mother-in-law and father-in-law took all the organization under their wing and we were quite nervous but once we saw the end product and the wonderful DJ Cody and his music that night it was more than outstanding . I do not want to forget our wonderful wonderful photographer for he was so professional and so warm and absolutely exceptional his name is John Karasch. We had to photograph sessions with John he made it so easy for me to be comfortable in my dress on the day before the wedding and with my family and then on the wedding night and yes our wedding was and night wedding . We stayed at the in home eva and Steven Muller own and that and was quite lovely and their morning breakfast wow wow wow . So any bride or groom reading this please know if you want to do a wedding at Rose Hill Estates in Aiken please consider my vendors the chef at Rose Hill Inn is the best food that I have tasted. Kena Black is so professional.

Sent on 03/14/2017

Kate · Married on 06/05/2015

We had a wonderful experience! They were very accommodating, with special menu requests as well as our non traditional requests such as a s'mores bar. Eva the owner walked around to make sure everything was going well. The food and appetizers were served at a great time, even though I hadn't thought to tell them a schedule. They recommended a great chair company as well, making the process simple and smooth. I had many complements on the beauty of the venue!

Sent on 06/14/2015

Sara · Married on 10/01/2016

0.5

I really want to give a 5 star, but I can't. Everything was amazing - the venue, the food, the inn, the breakfast and the staff. The one thing that is just unacceptable is they booked another wedding over our venue we booked A YEAR ago. We found out 3 days before our ceremony. They made it sound like it was a small vow renewal and the people were going to leave and that would have been fine, but it was not like that at all.

Their wedding ended up about the same size as ours. Our ceremony was at 5 - theirs at 6:30. We finished our ceremony and the next wedding starts to tell us to move out of their way as we try to take pictures. They were EXTREMELY rude. Even before the ceremony their guests were going through where our reception was looking at our stuff. While we ate dinner it turns out the other wedding group was eating dinner at the restaurant next to us - fine, but they were all rude. We had a game section set up with games we bought and their guests started playing with our games.

If it weren't for the double booking it would have been PERFECT. But this is not acceptable! We paid a lot of money to rent that section out from 2 - 10 a year ago. This made so much extra stress on me and my mother when we are trying to enjoy ourselves.

Sent on 10/09/2016

Rose Hill Estate Pricing

Rose Hill Estate Price Rates

Rose Hill Estate FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 500.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, China, Clean Up, Flatware, Linens, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 5.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 1000