7870 Galesburg Pl, Dunn Loring, VA 22027 Map · Phone number

About Roger W. Shoemaker Photography

One of the most important decisions you will make planning your wedding is choosing a photographer. My true passion is wedding photography and the gratification this creative medium offers. I feel that a wedding photographer must be genuine, personable, responsible, and have that creative passion and willingness to exceed your every expectation. My approach to wedding photography is simple: Create a fun and relaxed atmosphere enabling me to capture all the details and moments of your special day. I create images in an elegant, contemporary, and photojournalistic style capturing those must-have traditional shots as well as intimate, fast-moving candids. My ultimate goal is to make your day special by capturing images that are about you, your family, and friends that will be cherished forever. I am an active member of the Wedding and Portrait Photographers International (WPPI) and the Digital Wedding Forum.

• Gabriele Photography
Bridesmaidsjumping
BethanyshoesSepia

17 Reviews for Roger W. Shoemaker Photography

Binh and Jenifer · Married on 10/02/2010

We were unsure which photographer to go with to capture all of our wedding moments. My wife ended up attending a bridal show in Altoona, Pennsylvania with the intention of just seeing what is out there. When she got home she had to tell me about this photographer she was really enthusiastic about and had me browse his website. When I viewed Roger's website I knew he was the one. The website said it all, displaying his artistic ability in a very professional manner. I had to find out more and I emailed him about several questions I had in mind and he responded INSTANTLY. In my opinion, I value responsiveness very high because they shows me that person wants to work with you and will give you their undivided attention. Throughout the whole wedding process he provided everything I needed to know. He drove all the way up to Altoona, PA from Virginia to meet us and show a variety of album covers. On top of that, we requested outdoor pictures since our wedding was in the fall and we wanted happy fall colors from the leaves. He went out of his way and checked out several different areas. On our wedding day he spent a lot of time taking pictures of my wife getting ready with her sisters at the hotel. From there he drove to the church and took several pictures of me and my best men. Overall Roger and Robin took hundreds of pictures which all looked great, well besides those which my sister in laws had closed eyes :) We received all of our pictures and he was very helpful when we had to choose pictures for our album. He took the pictures and used his artistic ability and created the album for us to preview online and make any changes if necessary. The overall experience was unbelievable and I would recommend him to anyone. If you want amazingly quality pictures and fantastic albums, go with Roger! It'll definitely be worth it.

Sent on 02/05/2011
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 08/14/2010

Quality of Service: Outstanding! We had so many wedding photos that we loved, it made it hard to narrow it down for the wedding album. He took over a thousand photos and sorted through them to recommend his favorites, which many times coincided with our favorites. When our wedding album arrived, we were amazed at the quality of the photos. The colors just popped and quality of the print and the materials were top notch. Even though we had seen examples of other albums Roger had done, we were still amazed at how wonderful ours turned out to be.

Responsiveness: Roger was very responsive. He always responded to any phone calls or emails within 24 hours. We got our digital photos back three weeks after the wedding, which is a lot faster than the typical photographer. And as I said above, he took the time to go through the photos and touch them up.

Professionalism: Roger was extremely professional and a pleasure to work with.

Value for Cost: We didn't expect for Roger to bring his wife along to help, but she did. Most photographers charge hundreds of dollars extra for that. Everyone says "don't skimp on photography because those are your main memories". We didn't skimp, but we also didn't pay through the roof and the quality of the photos and the album are excellent.

Flexibility: Roger is very flexible. I was very specific in how I wanted the photos to be laid out in the album, down to the font that he used for the inside page, and he was able to accommodate me. We went back and forth several times before the album was final, and now we are very pleased with it.

Sent on 01/04/2011
  • I

Kristen · Married on 09/06/2009

Roger and Robin and absolutely wonderful people to work with and they really get to know their clients. My particular venue wasn't exactly photography friendly, it didn't have a lot of really nice areas to take photos, it was mostly a parking lot. Roger's imagination came alive as he took the bridal party around the swimming pool. After seeing the outcome of this shot, I fell in love with this particular photo. It was absolutely amazing! He has a way of making you look the best you've ever looked and capturing the beautiful tears and laugher of your wedding day. I have so many "favorites" that I'm having a hard time choosing just 50 for my photo book!

Sent on 10/06/2009

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Roger W. Shoemaker Photography FAQ

• What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    High-Res Images
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums