1-250
Indoor
Venue Setting

Nearby Vendors to Consider

4 Reviews for Rockin' Horse Dance Barn, LLC

My husband and I decided long before we got engaged,that we would take dance lessons.Neither of us could dance;he has two left feet and I have no rhythm.Yikes!
I searched reviews online, and ended up booking a single lesson at Rockin Horse Dance Barn to see how their teaching style differed from what we had previously experienced. It was a night and day difference and we haven’t looked back.
We worked with Dave, the owner, and explained our situation and he worked with us to choreograph our first dance. The initial song that we had chosen ended up being too fast; he and his wife demonstrated how we could dance to it, and we decided sprinting through our first dance was sub optimal. We ended up choosing a different song, which worked out to be a much better fit.
Dave was patient with my husband’s two left feet, and helped me find my rhythm. If we didn’t like a particular step he showed us, it was no big deal to let him know and we used something else. The dance came together and it was amazing.
The day of the wedding was a blur, but watching the video was the most incredible feeling. The dance began as they all do, side conversations here and there…but by a third of the way into the dance, all eyes were on us. We were focused on each other, we didn’t miss a step and everyone cheered after each turn, and at the end of the dance. When we were walking off the dance floor, the MC stated that that was what two people in love look like. It was amazing and so emotional.
We will definitely be back to continue taking lessons together. It was great to have quality time with my husband while we do an activity together.
Thank you Dave for giving us a memory that will last a lifetime!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Sarah, 6/22/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Dave was the perfect DJ. He worked closely with us in the last weeks before the wedding making sure that he understood our timeline and our expectations. He set the mood for our wedding and created a setting through music and entertainment that made for an unforgettable experience! We are so thankful that we had the opportunity to work with him!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Carly, 9/7/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Rockin Horse Dance barn provided both dance lesson for our first dance and DJ'd our wedding. Here are reviews for both.
The Rockin Horse Dance Barn is a great place to learn social dancing. My groom and I started taking group dance lesson, 9 months before our wedding. We did waltz and east coast swing. Our instructor for all of our classes was Jeannette Baker, she made the classes fun, made sure everyone was getting it and we could even do a short dance at the end of 6 wks lesson. Then we took private lessons about once a week till the wedding, Jeannette helped us choragraph 2-first dances for our wedding. They both were big hits, if you could only see the video and hear the people cheering and clapping though both dances. So many comments from friends and family how great our wedding was and the best part, was the dances!

Dave Serfling, owner,DJ and dance instructor, did a great job at our wedding. He played our wedding and reception music. As a MC he did a great job making sure the running of the wedding went smoothly. He was there early for set up, met with us to do a quick run though of the timeline. He and my wedding coordinater ran the show from then on. One thing you get with Dave that you dont get with other DJ's is he is a profressional dance instructor. So after dinner everyone went out to the dance floor and he taught a lesson in how to do the jitterbug. My guests loved it. My children are in their 20's them and their friends were all participating it was great. They all thought Dave was a great dancer! My daughter and her boyfriend are even thinking about taking some jitterbug lessons. It truley added to the fun of our wedding.

Profile Picture Kim, 9/11/11, 5 Reviews