1322 Dale Street, San Diego, CA 92102 Map · Phone number

About RHS Photo

We are a husband and wife team providing San Diego, La Jolla, and Coronado with beautiful wedding photography, destination weddings, elopement, and San Diego Beach weddings. In our site you will see stunning photography galleries, advice, wedding packages, and more. We don't charge by the hour, and we provide the High RES digital negatives on DVD. We also include a photo book with all of your color images printed onto the pages. You will enjoy the convenience of having your photos in an online gallery to view and share and also the ease of the online print ordering we offer. We make custom albums, board prints, canvas and gallery wrap prints. We are happy to travel to your destination wedding, as well as stay in San Diego, Coronado and La Jolla.

My philosophy - When you hire us you get our expertise, experience, and our artistic vision behind the camera, you own the finished product and you can decide post production how you want to handle your images rather than a set package of prints.

Since 1990 I have been capturing memories with a photojournalistic style of shooting, as well a strong portraiture background. I obtain a true representation of the event I am documenting with an artistic vision combined with cultivated professional techniques.

We use the latest in professional digital SLR cameras from Canon, and by using digital as our medium we can increase the quality of our work and open the door to more photographic art never seen in the film age. Our results are high quality, high density images ideal for enlargements (bigger and better than 35mm film), albums, canvas prints, and the best part is you keep the files! Once we are done with your event, you will receive a DVD with all the photos, not just a teaser set. We invest our time, energy, and resources capturing your precious memories and producing a wonderful product, as opposed to generating revenue with expensive locked packages and printing fees.

On a personal note, we are very amiable which makes photographing people rather natural. I find that a good connection with our couples makes for portraits with their own natural personality. My whole team is made up of experienced proven photographers, and we all work great together setting up shots as well as handling large crowds and complicated logistics. The net effect is a photo shoot that takes less time and gets superb results. You will have fun during the process.

We bring you the experience of doing hundreds of weddings in all kinds of situations. It's wonderful to photograph a wedding when everything works just right; we have perfect lighting at all times, everything is on schedule, everyone shows up and there are no surprises. This unfortunately is not that common, but by being flexible and experienced we're able to always capture a beautiful story every time. We've shot in the rain, had 8 month pregnant brides, had to sew torn wedding dresses, reattach false eye lashes, pulled a bride out of a swimming pool, been covered in the bride's dead mother's ashes, and the list goes on. If you want to read more you can scroll down the page.

I am a native Southern Californian, I grew up in the bay area, and I received my education at the University of California at San Diego. I have a diverse background including home building, electronics, and as a research neuroscientist. My wife Angelina hails from Northern Wisconsin, is a graduate from the University of Wisconsin Madison, and she knows her way equally well around football as well as a research laboratory. We just finished a year long project restoring a historic house in South Park San Diego and now we're looking forward to having you all come visit us here.

7 Reviews for RHS Photo

Valerie · Married on 09/12/2015

I met Richard at the Bridal Bazaar in downtown San Diego and he was one of the last photographers I spoke to. We started talking and we hit it off almost immediately. It was one of the rare occasions where you meet someone you felt you've known for years. I then scheduled a sit down meeting with him and one with another local photographer. While both did amazing work, I just felt that Richard was really excited and eager and ready for the job, so I hired him. It was a great decision because working with him throughout the wedding planning process was so much fun, and seamless!

We did our engagement shoot with him and they turned out awesome! Richard made us feel comfortable in front of the camera and taught us some valuable posing techniques. He critiqued us during our shoot and helped us find out good sides in front of the camera.

We worked together and made a plan for the wedding day. The ceremony was at Founders Chapel and the reception at the El Cortez. Yes, the wedding day was crazy. It was also the best day of our lives, and Richard captured EVERY moment of it. Richard doesn't miss a beat. So many people at the wedding commented on how he was everywhere. He is extremely thorough and does anything and everything necessary to get the shot. And he got tons of amazing shots! I couldn't be more happy with our wedding photos.

Beyond being an amazing photographer, he is a really cool guy that my husband and I laughed with and had beers with, and we look forward to hanging with him again. You will not be disappointed with Richard and his work!

Meggie · Married on 03/14/2014

Richard and Shanara were the highlight of our wedding! They did an amazing job keeping my overly snap happy family in line, and got some great shots of the wedding.

Richard was confident and professional, he knew what he was doing and took charge. His whole goal seemed to be making sure that our wedding day was perfect and that the photos would capture that perfection. He had great ideas for unique pictures that captured me and my new husband well and was able to walk us easily through the more traditional shots.

Richard and Shanara were both laid back and easy to work with as well!

I can't recommend RHS Photo highly enough!

Jamie · Married on 12/29/2013

I found Richard through a recommendation from Rev. Tuttle at ElopetoSanDiego.com. Richard was very fun to work with he was very accommodating to the photos that my husband and I wanted and was genuinely excited to shoot them for us. He made the whole process fun and light hearted. I am so glad we chose him to preserve our memories for us.

RHS Photo FAQ

• What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Matted Prints, Negatives, Prints, Proofs

• 1322 Dale Street San Diego, CA 92102 See on map