Kinderhook, NY 12106 Map · Phone number

About Rheri Kenney Photography

Thanks for visiting! What I am best at is taking photos of people in a way that feels natural and easy. Authentic, candid photos are my strength. More than a perfectly posed shot, I want my photos to reflect who you really are as a person, as a family, or as a couple. To me, this sometimes means the shot of the laughter in between the poses is the best photo.

Much of my life I've been an artist, be it on the stage, performing improv, making short films or doing photography. Performing and creating art is where I feel most comfortable and happiest. I first picked up a camera in a more intentional way when I lived in San Francisco many years ago. I grabbed my husband's old Minolta camera from college and took shots of Dolores Park in the evening sun. From then on, I've been hooked. I've always been an observer, but what I love about photography is that it gives me a more creative way to be an observer. Its a tool to connect with interesting people and to artistically capture the important moments in their life.

I shoot with Nikon cameras and lenses and also have a vintage Mamiya 645 camera that shoots actual film. This way I am able to offer my clients a unique combination of digital and film shots. In addition to your digital photos, you will also have the beautiful vintage look of film. You still receive digital scans of all film photos and are able to share them online the same as digital photos.

I have photographed weddings in New Hampshire, Maine, Cape Cod, California, Boston, etc. I'm willing to travel so don't hesitate to inquire even if you aren't nearby! Please explore the site to see more of my work, and thanks for visiting.

Follow Rheri Kenney Photography on

26562ba44b1cfc64 1440375824716 bb 1 of 1
blog12

4 Reviews for Rheri Kenney Photography

Christina · Married on 10/01/2010

Rheri did an amazing job with our engagement and wedding photos! She was super-responsive and helpful as we were planning, and very friendly and easy to work with. For our engagement session, she let us act natural and just clicked away. We got so many nice shots. At our wedding she took the group shots we requested and then we left the rest of the evening to her judgment. All the photos looked great, but Rheri really shines in her ability to capture people's natural expressions and reactions. She blended into the background and didn't try to direct the action, but still got lots of fantastic up-close shots. After the wedding, she kept us up-to-date on how the editing was going and got the final edited pictures to us quickly. We appreciated the option to receive a DVD and reprint rights so we could easily share the photos with all our relatives and design our own albums. We would absolutely recommend Rheri Kenney Photography to other couples!

Kozue · Married on 09/25/2010

She took very personal and memorable picture for us and she came all the way to Montreal! I am very happy with the pictures that she took.

Charlotte · Married on 06/26/2010

We really feel like we lucked out with Rheri! She was so open, friendly and flexible during our planning. Her prices were the most reasonable that we found in the Boston area and her photographs were absolutely perfect. She is very skilled and our favorite photos from the day are of the candid moments she knew to capture (and we didn't even realize were being taken!)

Rheri Kenney Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 2,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    One Event / Day
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 2000
    One Event / Day
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Engagement Shoot
    Second Shooter
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums