New York, NY 10014 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Rev. Lawrence Grecco, Buddhist Monk

I'm an ordained Zen Buddhist monk and licensed Marriage Officiant in New York City. I perform Civil, Spiritual, Interfaith, Buddhist, and Non-Denominational wedding ceremonies for all kinds of people from all over the world. I truly love working with people and find it immensely rewarding to serve in a capacity that helps people grow both as individuals and together as a married partners.

What I do best is designing wedding ceremonies that are spiritual but not religious.

I believe that a couple's wedding ceremony should reflect who they are both as individuals and as a couple. My goal is to create a ceremony that embodies a spirit of diversity, uniqueness, creativity, and joy.

I offer services ranging from simple, affordable budget weddings to customized wedding experiences based on what best reflects your personality, taste, and lifestyle.

Your wedding can be as traditional or as unconventional as you like: it's your day so it should be just the way you want it to be.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I work with people of all spiritual traditions and help couples create wedding ceremonies that reflect and honor their unique personalities and beliefs.

I also respect the right of all people to choose not to follow any spiritual path at all. There is nothing "superior" or "better" about those of us who are drawn to spiritual practice or religion, and I know many wonderful, ethical, and happy people who do not adhere to any particular spiritual system. Everyone has the right to live their life as they see fit, in a way that feels true and appropriate for who they are.

I also work as a Life Coach and Meditation Teacher, and often counsel individuals and couples in need of emotional support. Often I see couples for one or more pre-marital coaching sessions before their wedding date.

In the past I've had experience as a crisis counselor at the Long Island Crisis Center, youth support group facilitator, and received chaplaincy training from the New York Zen Center for Contemplative Care that gave me the opportunity to offer spiritual care and support to terminally ill patients in a hospice residence.

Follow Rev. Lawrence Grecco, Buddhist Monk on

ld2
ld1
a
Rev. Lawrence Grecco, Buddhist Monk
Central Park Wedding, New York City.
Central Park Wedding, New York City.
c

50 Reviews for Rev. Lawrence Grecco, Buddhist Monk

• Michael

Michael Krygeris · Married on 06/02/2018

Strawberry Fields

We contacted Lawrence because his Buddhist background spoke to us. Lawrence took great care to understand who we are together and was able to put together a service that far exceeded what we were hoping for. He has the perfect combination of seriousness and humor with his writings. I cannot imagine a better person to officiate our wedding.
    Getting married at strawberry Fields in Central park was important to us. Lawrence was very accommodating to our needs.
    We wholeheartedly recommend working with Lawrence if you need his services.

Sent on 11/08/2018

Rev. Lawrence Grecco, Buddhist Monk's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words--it was a very special experience for me to officiate for you both.

Jill · Married on 05/02/2017

Lawrence performed my ceremony recently with little explanation from myself on what my wishes were. He intuitively put together the perfect evening that I would not have wanted any other way. He even translated the vows into Spanish for my husband who is from Ecuador. It was quaint, warm, spiritually and energetically everything I had hoped for. We highly recommend Lawrence, and we are grateful our special day was shared with him. We will always smile when we think of how perfect that evening was for us.

Craig · Married on 04/19/2017

Lawrence took the time to tailor the ceremony specifically for us. Guiding us through what the various customary parts of the ceremony and enthusiastically modifying or even eliminating the portions that didn't suit us. We had a great time and he even participating in our end-of-ceremony charade of a police raid. (We had a 1920s speakeasy theme and at the end got 'raided' where Lawrence eventually bribed the cops to leave. Allowing the event space to be adjusted to the reception floor plan during the distraction.)

Rev. Lawrence Grecco, Buddhist Monk Pricing

Rev. Lawrence Grecco, Buddhist Monk Price Rates

Rev. Lawrence Grecco, Buddhist Monk FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 499.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 250.00
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)? $ 125.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Single Religion
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? NJ, NY