Receptions by Design

706 Albert Rd, Signal Mountain, TN 37377 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 43

About Receptions by Design

Receptions by Design is a wedding floral design and event coordination company based in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Owners Donna and John Ames have over 15 years of wedding decor experience and pride themselves on creating the perfect look for your special day. The floral design at Receptions by Design can be customized to your unique taste. They also know how stressful planning a wedding can be, so they offer coordination to help you make the difficult decisions.

Whether you are looking for a traditional and classic arrangement or a modern and rustic one, Receptions by Design will create it for you. They offer a variety of options for the design of their pieces. In order to find your perfect pick, the company arranges a consultation with each couple, as well as a venue visit if needed. They handle all delivery, set up, and clean up, and will provide decor for each part of the wedding. Their floral options include:

• Aisle decor
  • Non-floral greenery
  • Single flowers
  • Table arrangements

Other Services
They are happy to work with each couple whether they need partial planning or simple day-of coordination. With two planners on their team, Receptions by Design can help with timelines, event design, and decision-making. They are also happy to accommodate most wedding types.

Follow Receptions by Design on

Receptions by Design 7
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 02/16/2019

Best money spent

I don’t know where to begin. I only wish I realized the importance of a coordinator and hired Donna very first thing. This is probably my biggest regret. Donna helped me with any issue that came up while planning my daughter’s wedding. We probably would have picked a different venue if I had started out with Donna. The venue we used is beautiful but the owner was very difficult to deal with. That is where Donna stepped in and smoothed things over. She made sure we knew exactly what we needed to do and everyone we needed to hire. She kept in touch with me and always took my calls. If there was an issue she resolved it, then contacted me. She did so much more for us before the wedding. I don’t know how we would have pulled this off without her. The wedding weekend was fabulous. As the mother of the bride I never expected I would get to enjoy the wedding but with Donna handling everything I did. She also did all of our flowers and they were perfect. Exactly what my daughter wanted. Our wedding I know was hard because the bride and groom lived 6 hours away so I was who Donna dealt with. Yet she made the wedding everything my daughter, who actually met Donna at the rehearsal dinner, wanted. I have so many friends who I know did not get to enjoy their child’s wedding because they did not hire a coordinator. BIG MISTAKE ! Donna was crucial in making Meg’s wedding perfect and I swear to you it was perfect. Plus with her doing the flowers it was so fabulous. I would recommend Donna be the first person you get on your team when planning a wedding. Please know that Donna is very affordable! Plus she saved us money in so many ways. She basically paid for herself. But the quality of her flowers was top notch. And her professionalism is unbelievable. We have all been to weddings where a friend of the family “coordinates”. Coordinating is so much more than telling people when to walk down the aisle!!! A wedding is such an important event and you should enjoy it. Don’t make the mistake of thinking you or your friends can handle everything. Hire a coordinator. The cost is minimal. Plus when you hire Donna you can get her as a florist also!

Sent on 03/02/2019
    Receptions by Design 16
    Receptions by Design 17
    Receptions by Design 18

Receptions by Design's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful kind words. I love what I do! Most of all I try to treat my bride and their families as if their related to me and I only want the best for everyone involved.
    Donna

Emily · Married on 11/10/2018

The Mangels Wedding

Donna is amazing! She really listened to my ideas and put together a wedding that is truly unforgettable! Everything was very smooth and if there was a problem I did not know of it. Donna is very professional and very kind.
    Donna also made my bouquets and boutonnieres. They were absolutely beautiful!
    If you have a chance to work with Donna, I highly recommend it!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Receptions by Design's reply:

Your so welcome, it is always wonderful to work with such sweet ladies and wonderful friends and family. You planned a beautiful wedding and I brought your vision to life.
    Donna

Receptions by Design FAQ

• What is the average price for a bridal bouquet? $ 165.00
  • What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet? $ 45.00
  • What is the average price for a boutonniere? $ 12.00
  • What is the average price for an elevated table arrangement (per arrangement)? $ 65.00
  • Typically, what can a customer expect to pay for your wedding floral services? $ 1,361.00
  • What types of arrangements do you provide? Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Artificial, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Centerpieces, Corsages, Flower Baskets, Flower Petals, Non-Floral, Single Flowers

• The Barn at Drewia Hill
    The Barn at Drewia Hill Barn & Farm Weddings

Donna & John do such a wonderful job & it is always such a pleasure to have them here!! We can highly recommend them for floral or coordinating services! It is always such a joy to work with these two!!

• Farrar Hill Farms
    Farrar Hill Farms Barn & Farm Weddings

We love working with Receptions By Design!! They always go above and beyond to make their clients happy! I always know that a bride will be satisfied with her flowers on her wedding day when she tells me she has picked Receptions By Design as her florist!!

• Canaan James Professional Makeup Artistry
    Canaan James Professional Makeup Artistry Wedding Hair & Makeup

Donna and her husband truly enjoy what they do and they are GREAT at it! Their passion shines through in their work and in their impeccable reputation among us wedding vendors! They are an absolute joy to work with!

• 706 Albert Rd Signal Mountain, Tennessee, 37377 See on map
    423-973-4588 (Phone number)
    We are by appointment 7 days a week.